Anyone wanna go halfsies on a pair of 750s?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 9/19/16 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 12/26/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 145post #2161 of 923511/6/11 at 8:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2162 of 923511/6/11 at 9:21pmpost #2163 of 923511/7/11 at 6:53ampost #2164 of 923511/7/11 at 6:59ampost #2165 of 923511/7/11 at 8:43ampost #2166 of 923511/7/11 at 9:38am
You can get a new set of Monster Turbines from JandR, or B and H for ~$86.
Good deal if you want em since new is around 120, or 50 for refurb. But they're known to break easily, so i wouldn't recommend refurb.post #2167 of 923511/7/11 at 10:35amQuote:
Well Futureshop has Senn HD Adidas for 200
post #2168 of 923511/7/11 at 11:02amQuote:
that might actually be a better reason to buy refurbs, I'm sure they fix whatever the problem is before they go back out.post #2169 of 923511/7/11 at 1:00pm
$38.95 after code "SOUNDON5"post #2170 of 923511/7/11 at 1:56pm
Sennheiser PC Gaming 360 Headset on sale again at Amazon for 169.99post #2171 of 923511/7/11 at 2:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by jamess71
that might actually be a better reason to buy refurbs, I'm sure they fix whatever the problem is before they go back out.
A good mfg might do that, but the problem is the wires, or iphone controller crapping out after normal usage. So the refurb has a 90 day warranty. New is one year, plus you can get another year with Amex double warranty. It's just not worth the risk with these particular phones with refurb.post #2172 of 923511/7/11 at 5:38pm
Yea, saw that and was really tempted. But I got in doodoo for buying some sony zx700 recently from my parents. Recently gotta a job, hopefully futureshop will have some boxing day sale for those! or something.. at least save up some more money and get em. They look so nice imopost #2173 of 923511/7/11 at 5:56pm
James is absolutely right. Brand new turbines have a much higher defect rate than refurbs, mainly because the two pieces of housing not have been applied enough glue to hold together. The refurbs are just like the brand new ones, but with fixed housing and a re-inspection of the overall quality. They are "factory refurbished", not "used", so I don't see how "wires crapping out after normal usage" has anything to do with it.
Also, if the refurbs break not too long after the 90 days, you can ask for warranty replacement. They will send you a brand new one, while you get to keep all the original accessories so you have two sets of all the accessories.
Quote:Originally Posted by infiniti029
A good mfg might do that, but the problem is the wires, or iphone controller crapping out after normal usage. So the refurb has a 90 day warranty. New is one year, plus you can get another year with Amex double warranty. It's just not worth the risk with these particular phones with refurb.
Quote:post #2174 of 923511/7/11 at 6:20pm
it's really not that big a deal, when i had coppers, i added a bit of superglue to put them back together when they came apart, they never came loose ever again. it's not rocket science!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 45 seconds ago
- › Review of the Little-Dot MKII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 1 minute ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Where to start? 2 minutes ago
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear