Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Anyone (especially members from Hong Kong) shopped from this site: exportprive com ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone (especially members from Hong Kong) shopped from this site: exportprive com ?

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 

Well, there's a site that sells the new Cowon X7s and I and a few others on the X7 thread would like some feedback on this site before we venture into shopping from there...

 

Does anybody know this site:

 

 

They provide 2 addresses:

 

EXPORT PRIVE LTD.
11th Floor, AXA Centre
151 Gloucester Road,
Wanchai, Hong Kong

 

EXPORT PRIVE LTD.
F-1002, Daewoo Trump World
Suseong gu, Dusan Dong
Daegu, South Korea

post #2 of 20

you can trust

J3 to France in 8 days

 

he worked in Korea & Hong Kong

 

so 2 addresses

 

 

post #3 of 20

What I can tell you is that this store doesn't seem to have a Korean language web site.  So unless they just have a small physical store in Daegu (from a quick search on Korean search engines like Naver and Daum, there doesn't seem to be; no reviews that I can find) they don't seem to deal directly with the Korean population in the city.  I'm guessing that they're focused on exporting their products abroad (as their name implies) and only reason they have office in Korea is likely just for supply reasons for Cowon products. The company itself seems to be based in Hong Kong, anyway.

 

Not saying its unsafe to shop there (it may be perfectly legitimate) or anything but just letting you know since you asked in the title.  From a Korean consumer perspective there's no record of reviews or its existence at all.

post #4 of 20
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_19 View Post

What I can tell you is that this store doesn't seem to have a Korean language web site.  So unless they just have a small physical store in Daegu (from a quick search on Korean search engines like Naver and Daum, there doesn't seem to be; no reviews that I can find) they don't seem to deal directly with the Korean population in the city.  I'm guessing that they're focused on exporting their products abroad (as their name implies) and only reason they have office in Korea is likely just for supply reasons for Cowon products. The company itself seems to be based in Hong Kong, anyway.

 

Not saying its unsafe to shop there (it may be perfectly legitimate) or anything but just letting you know since you asked in the title.  From a Korean consumer perspective there's no record of reviews or its existence at all.


 

Thanks for the info. Let me change the title and see if members from Hong Kong know about this site...


Edited by meurglys0 - 10/18/10 at 2:44pm
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFlam View Post

you can trust

J3 to France in 8 days

 

You're lucky, I ordered a Samsung player, after two weeks my order was still in process, I emailed them, they answered it will be sent soon, after four weeks and nothing new I cancelled my order.
 

post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by zest View Post



You're lucky, I ordered a Samsung player, after two weeks my order was still in process, I emailed them, they answered it will be sent soon, after four weeks and nothing new I cancelled my order.
 

It depents what shipping method you chose. There are several. And when i contacted with them, they warned me that it will take 2-3 weeks. EMS is much faster and its not very expensive. 15$ is a very resonable price.
 

post #7 of 20

I took the item with insurance & postage the highest UPS

to avoid this kind of problem

GMP3 on our old site (closed sniff), many people have had no problems with this site

he works a lot with France

I'm sorry for your order, you'r money back ???

post #8 of 20

I'm used to order from HK, Korea or Japan, the problem was after four weeks my order was still in process, my player had not been sent, on their site they mentionned it should be sent within the five days, they did a refund as soon as I cancelled.

 

With UPS, as with Fedex or DHL, you have to pay taxes and fees (TVA+frais de dossier) and it doesn't mean it will be faster than Air Mail, I have some players that took only 6 days from HK to France with Air Mail.

post #9 of 20
Thread Starter 

Thanks for all the replies. Now we know the site is legitimate, reliable. 

post #10 of 20

The thing i dont get and someone help me pls is this.

How come advancemp3players.co.uk for example is marked in cowon official page as authorized reseller and exportprive is not. What it needs to be authorized? And if you are not where do you get the stock from if not from cowon?

Some head-fier with marketing knowledge?

post #11 of 20

Becoming an authorized reseller often involves some kind of contract, which means responsibility as well as restriction. The only good thing is you can advertise yourself as authorized reseller and most people will pay just a little extra  (compared to what you get from for non-authorized reseller) and buy things from authorized reseller just for the peace of mind. That's the power of brand.

post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Becoming an authorized reseller often involves some kind of contract, which means responsibility as well as restriction. The only good thing is you can advertise yourself as authorized reseller and most people will pay just a little extra  (compared to what you get from for non-authorized reseller) and buy things from authorized reseller just for the peace of mind. That's the power of brand.



Cool thx! we So in my peace of mind other sellers like exportprive are safe

post #13 of 20
The authorized distributor of Cowon in Hong Kong is GKI,
http://www.gkitech.com/
GKI not yet launch the X7 in Hong Kong, and I never heard the exportprive here before. I guess this company can get some Cowon products from Korea and ship them from HK. In fact, those are diversion products anyway. Besides, we don't get used to shop online for electronics usually cos going out shopping is so convenient here. Well, good to hear the X7 is going to launch, I may get one.
post #14 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboyhk View Post

The authorized distributor of Cowon in Hong Kong is GKI,
http://www.gkitech.com/
GKI not yet launch the X7 in Hong Kong, and I never heard the exportprive here before. I guess this company can get some Cowon products from Korea and ship them from HK. In fact, those are diversion products anyway. Besides, we don't get used to shop online for electronics usually cos going out shopping is so convenient here. Well, good to hear the X7 is going to launch, I may get one.

 

What exactly does "diversion products" mean?
 

post #15 of 20

Sounds like this shop is one of the grey import (water goods, as we call it in HK), where they find some way to buy it as a retailer or even buy it in from other shops in the original country, and then ship it themselves (sometimes personally in a suitcase), and then resell in another country.

 

Problem with these shops sometimes is the warranty, I've heard of grey imports (group purchases) to HK, where the original dealer did not accept their warranty, so you have to be careful of that.

 

As for authorized dealers, I'm pretty sure they have some advantages in terms of warranty.  We've had users of products (like Monster) where exchanges had to be made because of malfunction, or when the actual dealer ran out of stuck, they were instructed to go visit the Authorized dealer for those services.  

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Anyone (especially members from Hong Kong) shopped from this site: exportprive com ?