triple fi. is the best iem in your list. (objective)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/19/10
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 10/19/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 10/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for $200 or under?? Last post on 5/11/11 at 10:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $400 max (House, trance, Chill, Nujazz, Hiphop) Last post on 5/18/11 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you could keep only one IEM, which one would it be? Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help buying higher end IEM (Sony EX1000/Sennheiser IE8/DBA-02) in Canada Last post on 3/13/11 at 11:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There you go I'd take the DBA-02 and IE8 over the TF10 any day and a lot of other earphones as well :P
You've been recommending (different) earphones left and right the past couple of days. Do you actually have hands-on experience with all of these models? Otherwise I would encourage you to clearly state that you are basing your recommendations on research, conjecture, hearsay, or whatever else it may be. Please see this old thread for an explanation of why if it's not obvious.
And the fact that you say that it's so objective without backing it just warrants the objection. I'll say between these it's hard to be objective one may do better things than the other but that isn't without any other payoffs and vise-versa.
+1 for the RE-252 as well!
They're on loan to pianist right now but I should be getting them back by tomorrow. Two things that you need to be concerned with are the fit and the source that drive them. I use a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 which make them hiss worse than 10 snakes at times. I unfortunately have suffered quite a bit with the fit due to the 5.0mm nozzle size but boy, do they give you goosebumps when driven from a Sansa Clip, Clip+ or Fuze (with which the RE-252s have great synergy). They sound incredibly natural and flat, letting you actually hear the music and nothing else.
I haven't listened to the DBA-02 yet but judging from my current stint with pianist's q-JAYS, you will want to go with the DBA-02 if comfort AND SQ are your main concern (I'm currently using the small tips on the q-JAYS). I'll most likely be going this way as well as I have a hard time getting a proper fit with the RE-252 (pianist is in the same boat on the fit as well).
To OP: those are all good choices, but you have to know the differences between those phones: the Triple-fi have a punchy detailed, more fun than neutral, but not as much as the IE8 (the most bassy of the bunch, by quite a margin). The RE-252 are very neutral, yet extremely capable phones. But they're not much "fun" (well, that is a subjective notion, as I really like them and enjoy them, often even more than IE8, which tends to cover many things with its massive bass). I haven't heard the dba-02, but they seem to be quite close to the Triple's sound sig (correct me if I'm wrong, someone^^), but with a much better fit and they are cheaper, too.
Thanks for your effort! Now I got it, It's very detailed, It is just the solution for my problem.
- New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 35 seconds ago
- › Ditch the Essence STX and get a Xonar DG? 37 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 39 seconds ago
- › The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › NAD M51 Direct Digital DAC Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3