triple fi. is the best iem in your list. (objective)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/19/10
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 10/19/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 10/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for $200 or under?? Last post on 5/11/11 at 10:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $400 max (House, trance, Chill, Nujazz, Hiphop) Last post on 5/18/11 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you could keep only one IEM, which one would it be? Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help buying higher end IEM (Sony EX1000/Sennheiser IE8/DBA-02) in Canada Last post on 3/13/11 at 11:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There you go I'd take the DBA-02 and IE8 over the TF10 any day and a lot of other earphones as well :P
You've been recommending (different) earphones left and right the past couple of days. Do you actually have hands-on experience with all of these models? Otherwise I would encourage you to clearly state that you are basing your recommendations on research, conjecture, hearsay, or whatever else it may be. Please see this old thread for an explanation of why if it's not obvious.
And the fact that you say that it's so objective without backing it just warrants the objection. I'll say between these it's hard to be objective one may do better things than the other but that isn't without any other payoffs and vise-versa.
+1 for the RE-252 as well!
They're on loan to pianist right now but I should be getting them back by tomorrow. Two things that you need to be concerned with are the fit and the source that drive them. I use a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 which make them hiss worse than 10 snakes at times. I unfortunately have suffered quite a bit with the fit due to the 5.0mm nozzle size but boy, do they give you goosebumps when driven from a Sansa Clip, Clip+ or Fuze (with which the RE-252s have great synergy). They sound incredibly natural and flat, letting you actually hear the music and nothing else.
I haven't listened to the DBA-02 yet but judging from my current stint with pianist's q-JAYS, you will want to go with the DBA-02 if comfort AND SQ are your main concern (I'm currently using the small tips on the q-JAYS). I'll most likely be going this way as well as I have a hard time getting a proper fit with the RE-252 (pianist is in the same boat on the fit as well).
To OP: those are all good choices, but you have to know the differences between those phones: the Triple-fi have a punchy detailed, more fun than neutral, but not as much as the IE8 (the most bassy of the bunch, by quite a margin). The RE-252 are very neutral, yet extremely capable phones. But they're not much "fun" (well, that is a subjective notion, as I really like them and enjoy them, often even more than IE8, which tends to cover many things with its massive bass). I haven't heard the dba-02, but they seem to be quite close to the Triple's sound sig (correct me if I'm wrong, someone^^), but with a much better fit and they are cheaper, too.
Thanks for your effort! Now I got it, It's very detailed, It is just the solution for my problem.
- New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 28 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 51 seconds ago
- › Audiophile Indonesia meet at Chil Cafe STC Jakarta 23 August 2014 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › I'm currently looking for new In ear buds... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)