triple fi. is the best iem in your list. (objective)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/19/10
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 10/19/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 10/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for $200 or under?? Last post on 5/11/11 at 10:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $400 max (House, trance, Chill, Nujazz, Hiphop) Last post on 5/18/11 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you could keep only one IEM, which one would it be? Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help buying higher end IEM (Sony EX1000/Sennheiser IE8/DBA-02) in Canada Last post on 3/13/11 at 11:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There you go I'd take the DBA-02 and IE8 over the TF10 any day and a lot of other earphones as well :P
You've been recommending (different) earphones left and right the past couple of days. Do you actually have hands-on experience with all of these models? Otherwise I would encourage you to clearly state that you are basing your recommendations on research, conjecture, hearsay, or whatever else it may be. Please see this old thread for an explanation of why if it's not obvious.
And the fact that you say that it's so objective without backing it just warrants the objection. I'll say between these it's hard to be objective one may do better things than the other but that isn't without any other payoffs and vise-versa.
+1 for the RE-252 as well!
They're on loan to pianist right now but I should be getting them back by tomorrow. Two things that you need to be concerned with are the fit and the source that drive them. I use a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 which make them hiss worse than 10 snakes at times. I unfortunately have suffered quite a bit with the fit due to the 5.0mm nozzle size but boy, do they give you goosebumps when driven from a Sansa Clip, Clip+ or Fuze (with which the RE-252s have great synergy). They sound incredibly natural and flat, letting you actually hear the music and nothing else.
I haven't listened to the DBA-02 yet but judging from my current stint with pianist's q-JAYS, you will want to go with the DBA-02 if comfort AND SQ are your main concern (I'm currently using the small tips on the q-JAYS). I'll most likely be going this way as well as I have a hard time getting a proper fit with the RE-252 (pianist is in the same boat on the fit as well).
To OP: those are all good choices, but you have to know the differences between those phones: the Triple-fi have a punchy detailed, more fun than neutral, but not as much as the IE8 (the most bassy of the bunch, by quite a margin). The RE-252 are very neutral, yet extremely capable phones. But they're not much "fun" (well, that is a subjective notion, as I really like them and enjoy them, often even more than IE8, which tends to cover many things with its massive bass). I haven't heard the dba-02, but they seem to be quite close to the Triple's sound sig (correct me if I'm wrong, someone^^), but with a much better fit and they are cheaper, too.
Thanks for your effort! Now I got it, It's very detailed, It is just the solution for my problem.
- New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 19 seconds ago
- › Help choosing headphones for computer. MDRHW700DS/Fidelio x2/PC 363 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Fitear Parterre 3 minutes ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 4 minutes ago
- › Has anybody tried the E17K Alpen 2 with hd800s? Could you... 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2