triple fi. is the best iem in your list. (objective)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/19/10
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 10/19/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 10/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for $200 or under?? Last post on 5/11/11 at 10:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $400 max (House, trance, Chill, Nujazz, Hiphop) Last post on 5/18/11 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you could keep only one IEM, which one would it be? Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help buying higher end IEM (Sony EX1000/Sennheiser IE8/DBA-02) in Canada Last post on 3/13/11 at 11:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There you go I'd take the DBA-02 and IE8 over the TF10 any day and a lot of other earphones as well :P
You've been recommending (different) earphones left and right the past couple of days. Do you actually have hands-on experience with all of these models? Otherwise I would encourage you to clearly state that you are basing your recommendations on research, conjecture, hearsay, or whatever else it may be. Please see this old thread for an explanation of why if it's not obvious.
And the fact that you say that it's so objective without backing it just warrants the objection. I'll say between these it's hard to be objective one may do better things than the other but that isn't without any other payoffs and vise-versa.
+1 for the RE-252 as well!
They're on loan to pianist right now but I should be getting them back by tomorrow. Two things that you need to be concerned with are the fit and the source that drive them. I use a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 which make them hiss worse than 10 snakes at times. I unfortunately have suffered quite a bit with the fit due to the 5.0mm nozzle size but boy, do they give you goosebumps when driven from a Sansa Clip, Clip+ or Fuze (with which the RE-252s have great synergy). They sound incredibly natural and flat, letting you actually hear the music and nothing else.
I haven't listened to the DBA-02 yet but judging from my current stint with pianist's q-JAYS, you will want to go with the DBA-02 if comfort AND SQ are your main concern (I'm currently using the small tips on the q-JAYS). I'll most likely be going this way as well as I have a hard time getting a proper fit with the RE-252 (pianist is in the same boat on the fit as well).
To OP: those are all good choices, but you have to know the differences between those phones: the Triple-fi have a punchy detailed, more fun than neutral, but not as much as the IE8 (the most bassy of the bunch, by quite a margin). The RE-252 are very neutral, yet extremely capable phones. But they're not much "fun" (well, that is a subjective notion, as I really like them and enjoy them, often even more than IE8, which tends to cover many things with its massive bass). I haven't heard the dba-02, but they seem to be quite close to the Triple's sound sig (correct me if I'm wrong, someone^^), but with a much better fit and they are cheaper, too.
Thanks for your effort! Now I got it, It's very detailed, It is just the solution for my problem.
- New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 20 seconds ago
- › WTS Ray Samuels Audio SR-71b 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of your speaker setup! 1 minute ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 2 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 2 minutes ago
- › 3 hours to transfer 50GB to the X1, sound normal? 2 minutes ago
- › Interview With Sony: NW-ZX2... Your Questions Answered 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3