triple fi. is the best iem in your list. (objective)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 10/19/10
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 10/19/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/19/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/19/10
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 10/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for $200 or under?? Last post on 5/11/11 at 10:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for $400 max (House, trance, Chill, Nujazz, Hiphop) Last post on 5/18/11 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you could keep only one IEM, which one would it be? Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help buying higher end IEM (Sony EX1000/Sennheiser IE8/DBA-02) in Canada Last post on 3/13/11 at 11:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi? - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There you go I'd take the DBA-02 and IE8 over the TF10 any day and a lot of other earphones as well :P
You've been recommending (different) earphones left and right the past couple of days. Do you actually have hands-on experience with all of these models? Otherwise I would encourage you to clearly state that you are basing your recommendations on research, conjecture, hearsay, or whatever else it may be. Please see this old thread for an explanation of why if it's not obvious.
And the fact that you say that it's so objective without backing it just warrants the objection. I'll say between these it's hard to be objective one may do better things than the other but that isn't without any other payoffs and vise-versa.
+1 for the RE-252 as well!
They're on loan to pianist right now but I should be getting them back by tomorrow. Two things that you need to be concerned with are the fit and the source that drive them. I use a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 which make them hiss worse than 10 snakes at times. I unfortunately have suffered quite a bit with the fit due to the 5.0mm nozzle size but boy, do they give you goosebumps when driven from a Sansa Clip, Clip+ or Fuze (with which the RE-252s have great synergy). They sound incredibly natural and flat, letting you actually hear the music and nothing else.
I haven't listened to the DBA-02 yet but judging from my current stint with pianist's q-JAYS, you will want to go with the DBA-02 if comfort AND SQ are your main concern (I'm currently using the small tips on the q-JAYS). I'll most likely be going this way as well as I have a hard time getting a proper fit with the RE-252 (pianist is in the same boat on the fit as well).
To OP: those are all good choices, but you have to know the differences between those phones: the Triple-fi have a punchy detailed, more fun than neutral, but not as much as the IE8 (the most bassy of the bunch, by quite a margin). The RE-252 are very neutral, yet extremely capable phones. But they're not much "fun" (well, that is a subjective notion, as I really like them and enjoy them, often even more than IE8, which tends to cover many things with its massive bass). I haven't heard the dba-02, but they seem to be quite close to the Triple's sound sig (correct me if I'm wrong, someone^^), but with a much better fit and they are cheaper, too.
Thanks for your effort! Now I got it, It's very detailed, It is just the solution for my problem.
- New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › I had a dispute in trading my stuff with pbui44,how can I protect... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 5 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 6 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Portable over-the-ear headphones recommendations needed 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)