or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-A100 Headphones: Reviews/Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-A100 Headphones: Reviews/Impressions - Page 11

post #151 of 165
Thread Starter 
And I like my HE-5LEs a lot. They're more refined but cost more as well and need ample amplification and are designed for domestic use. And I feel A100s are the best solution if you can't deal with custom/universal IEMs.
post #152 of 165

I am selling these wonderful headphones.

post #153 of 165

Well, three basic threads for this nice little Denon and no real action or activity.  Guess it's due to only having 300 sold?

 

Anyway, I bought a pair finally after a year of searching and am thrilled to have added them to my Denon collection.  As you see in my signature, I have all the main models I want and tho I had the D7100 I'm probably not going to reacquire them. 

 

Anyone know who manufactured the AH-A100 for Denon?  Fostex?  Or did they build it themselves?

 

Anyway, a couple of pics..............

 

post #154 of 165

I'll actually be hopefully Joining Oreg in owning these

 

just need to figure what pads to get for them 

post #155 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

I'll actually be hopefully Joining Oreg in owning these

 

just need to figure what pads to get for them 


Sold them a while back..............and good luck finding pads that fit.  The stock ones are excellent and unless they are worn/torn no need to replace them. 

 

Liked the headphone a lot but needed the money and was downsizing the collection of Denon cans..............and to be honest, the AH-D1100 is the same frame and everything except the cups are black plastic instead of the gorgeous wood.  To my ears (based on memory, mind you) they sounded the same................

post #156 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Sold them a while back..............and good luck finding pads that fit.  The stock ones are excellent and unless they are worn/torn no need to replace them. 

 

Liked the headphone a lot but needed the money and was downsizing the collection of Denon cans..............and to be honest, the AH-D1100 is the same frame and everything except the cups are black plastic instead of the gorgeous wood.  To my ears (based on memory, mind you) they sounded the same................

well I don't think the pads on them are stock :/ that's my issue 

 

an yea chances are they do sound the same, but 9/10 I'm proably going to get these things modded to hell an back, either my self or I might work with some of the more popular modders here

 

I really only want those Wood Cups in my collection, as I've yet to own a single Denon Wood back with... "denon" on teh outside 

 

Good news is I found a set of replacement pads for the AH D1100, give from the many pictures I've seen the two seem to share the same pads, so It'll be nice to have the stock pads to compare to what ever is on my pair atm 

 

Though my Pair has a "monster" headband :/ so I'll have to see about getting black pleather sticked back onto it or staining the Fabric Black so I can keep these some what "stock" on the outside at least 


Edited by Mshenay - 1/12/16 at 5:26pm
post #157 of 165

The cups on the 100th anniversary pair are INCREDIBLE...............really the best Denon wood finish you'll ever see.  When do you get them?

post #158 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

The cups on the 100th anniversary pair are INCREDIBLE...............really the best Denon wood finish you'll ever see.  When do you get them?

RIGHT, the pics alone were what sold me on it! It should be to me in about 2 days. The seller was some what local, only about 200 miles from me if that 

 

with my replacement AH D1100 Pads in like 2 weeks, Sadly the unit I purchased has a White Headband from some Monster Headphone :/ so I'll need to either sand the Monster Logo off it, or try an Stain it black or something 

 

I'm really getting these just to have for my collection, as again those cups look awesome, though I do intend to mod the crap out of the inside of them ;3 


Edited by Mshenay - 1/12/16 at 6:55pm
post #159 of 165

Be sure to show pics of it.................that sounds like it was changed a lot for some reason.  You could get a D1100 for about $60 or 80 and take the proper headband to make it right.  Now I really want to see the pics of it! 

post #160 of 165

Here's the D1100..............

 

post #161 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

Be sure to show pics of it.................that sounds like it was changed a lot for some reason.  You could get a D1100 for about $60 or 80 and take the proper headband to make it right.  Now I really want to see the pics of it! 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

Here's the D1100..............

 

 

Can do man! I kinda like the look of the White HeadBand with the Wood Cups an Gold accented letters I have a guy who does actual leather work, I might see what he would charge me to stick something really nice together [That actually just hit me! He might be my best bet at getting a nice Headband but without paying a whole lot] 

post #162 of 165

Actually the headband is Brown on the top an white on the bottom, it does look pretty good with the headphone, except the fact that it says "monster" on the bottom xD

 

But the Frame is plastic, which given the orignal price, I'm disappointed to see :/ still the gimbals are really flexible an this unit is in good condition! 

 

Pics (Click to show)
Pretty Box! 

 

 

 

 

 

In terms of sounds, it's a little warmer than my LA D5k, much more intimate an not as spacious nor articulate 

 

Give the price I paid for it [$300 in total, but it has a Mini 3pin XLR Pig tail Mod, an those connectors are like $12 a set or $24 for both sets[for teh switch crafts, which this has thankfully], an the labor, I usually ay around $30 to my guy an this is done very well actually]

 

So all in all, given the Cable mod, I paid about $250 for it, now the really GREAT news is I've been wanting a 3pin XLR to 3.5mm Cable! Which I was going to pay around $70 for, SO ALL SAID AN DONE [I took the Balanced Cable from my Senn Grado] I see these costing me like $200 ish, given the cable mod an my own needs

 

any ways, at around $250 ish [used] they do compare well again'st the Solo 2 an my HD 25-1 II 

It's also REALLY sensitive like the HD 25-1 II 

 

ack but no stock pads... I've got the serial number thankfully, I'll have to see if Denon will sell me a replacement pair! 


Edited by Mshenay - 1/14/16 at 3:50pm
post #163 of 165
denon. got back to me 76 to get a oem replacement set of e pads
post #164 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Actually the headband is Brown on the top an white on the bottom, it does look pretty good with the headphone, except the fact that it says "monster" on the bottom xD

 

But the Frame is plastic, which given the orignal price, I'm disappointed to see :/ still the gimbals are really flexible an this unit is in good condition! 

 

Pics (Click to show)
Pretty Box! 

 

 

 

 

 

In terms of sounds, it's a little warmer than my LA D5k, much more intimate an not as spacious nor articulate 

 

Give the price I paid for it [$300 in total, but it has a Mini 3pin XLR Pig tail Mod, an those connectors are like $12 a set or $24 for both sets[for teh switch crafts, which this has thankfully], an the labor, I usually ay around $30 to my guy an this is done very well actually]

 

So all in all, given the Cable mod, I paid about $250 for it, now the really GREAT news is I've been wanting a 3pin XLR to 3.5mm Cable! Which I was going to pay around $70 for, SO ALL SAID AN DONE [I took the Balanced Cable from my Senn Grado] I see these costing me like $200 ish, given the cable mod an my own needs

 

any ways, at around $250 ish [used] they do compare well again'st the Solo 2 an my HD 25-1 II 

It's also REALLY sensitive like the HD 25-1 II 

 

ack but no stock pads... I've got the serial number thankfully, I'll have to see if Denon will sell me a replacement pair! 


That's a great price!  Because of the rarity, they usually sell for more like $400................

post #165 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


That's a great price!  Because of the rarity, they usually sell for more like $400................

well it's 76 for the stock epads so I'll wind up near that price
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-A100 Headphones: Reviews/Impressions