First post here!
I'm currently looking to buy a decent portable rig.
So far I'm pretty sure I'll get the Stax SR-001MK2 iems. They're within budget and the reviews I've seen here, sound promising. I'm not really interested in anything else than iems as I don't like wearing headphones outside. Even though I enjoyed the great sound isolation from my Shure SE210, I think I'm willing to sacrifice that for the SQ of the sr001s.
Now, where I haven't made up my mind is on the audio player. My budget doesn't really allow me to go any higher than that of the iPod Classic 160gb.
- I would prefer .flac-possibilities, but other lossless formats will do, I guess.
- UI is not very important. I've read that the S:flo 2 is bad, but firmware updates can take care of that.
- I would like the player to have radio, but that's not crucial.
- The player should have 32GB storage or more. microSHDC slots is a big plus.
- iPod Classic 160gb vanilla.
- iPod 5.5 vanilla
- iPod Classic 160gb with lod (don't need amp as the Stax have it)
- Sansa Fuze with or without lod
Any thoughts on other good matches to the Stax is also appreciated!
Also, if someone could guide to a recipe for a solid DIY minijack-minijack (the Stax amp has the minijack connector on the side, and I will need a L-shaped plug, so it doesn't protrude out on he side. It has to fit in my jacket pocket.
Edited by vidsan - 10/16/10 at 4:34pm