Should i use it on my walkman? Does it just effect volume or does it also compress the dynamic range?
Related Forum Threads
- Do you collect PCDPs? Am I the only one? Last post on 6/13/12 at 2:30pm in Portable Source Gear
- what is the best sounding discman (or portable cd player) Last post on 6/13/12 at 2:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable system picking up RF/EMI Last post on 10/15/10 at 8:20am in Portable Source Gear
- Sony D-303 Portable CD player - SKIP and SKIP... Last post on 10/8/10 at 4:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need Sony D-303 Discman service manual PDF Last post on 8/1/10 at 10:15pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Sony Dynamic Normalizer?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have read that a few people use it just fine. I find that while it really doesn't hurt dynamics or compress what it does is hurt clarity a bit or dull the sound. If you like smooth or aren't into high clarity/detail/transparency you might not notice it or might even like it. Something "consumers" won't notice but the "audiophile" will. I have the S639 though and that one is said to show more detail and lean toward the treble more than some other Sony's so it may even be less noticeable on your model. Once again ears and gears, YMMV, etc. so best just to switch it on and off a few times to see for yourself.
I'm no audiophile, just a regular guy...but when I had my Sonys, I thought it worked well for "shuffle all" listening, especially if your music varies from older recording to today's loudness war stuff.....kept me from getting blasted out on track transitions.
- Sony Dynamic Normalizer?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 10 seconds ago
- › Full-size headphone to complement my Shure SE530 21 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 32 seconds ago
- › How many headphones are too many? 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for a Guy with a Large Head or what I think is a large head 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › B&W P7 vs NAD VISO HP50 4 minutes ago
- › What equipment would I need to hear the difference between a... 4 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe