Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm? - Page 11

post #151 of 1668



I have been listening to them since i got them this afternoon, I am in complete awwwww. Its amazing how 3D they are. There's things in certain songs i never new was there. Nothing over powers anything unless its the song presentation. The clarity and imaging is unbelievable. You were right on about the whole sound-stage topic in your review, its mind boggling. The thing is you can hear all the other IEM's in them, its like the complete package for universal. i can hear the TF10 but better, the ck10 but better, the copper but better, i know. the last IEM i bought was the ck10 and thought it was the alpha and omega, boy was i wrong. there's absolutely nothing to nid pick about with the Sm3. I can not wait to get my Em3 pros now , just imagining that they are better by a big margin just gives me the chills. Thanks again my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by average_Joe View Post





Glad you are liking them, and I agree!


Edited by Guidostrunk - 10/29/10 at 7:20pm
post #152 of 1668

Cannot wait to get mine. Managed to score them for "Deal of the Day" price of only $300 which I thought was good. Should get them this coming week! Cannot wait to compare them to my full sized as I am just now venturing into portable for using on the go.

post #153 of 1668



Sweet deal on them, i paid 350 shipped new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post

Cannot wait to get mine. Managed to score them for "Deal of the Day" price of only $300 which I thought was good. Should get them this coming week! Cannot wait to compare them to my full sized as I am just now venturing into portable for using on the go.

post #154 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidostrunk View Post



Sweet deal on them, i paid 350 shipped new.


 


That's what I ended up paying once shipping to Aus was calculated. Still a lot better than $379 + shipping! Glad to see you're enjoying them. Hope I can enjoy them on the go as much as I do my home full-sized rig smily_headphones1.gif

post #155 of 1668



Paying less is always a plus I hope they do for you what they do for me. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post




That's what I ended up paying once shipping to Aus was calculated. Still a lot better than $379 + shipping! Glad to see you're enjoying them. Hope I can enjoy them on the go as much as I do my home full-sized rig smily_headphones1.gif

post #156 of 1668

matthewh133- 

Sorry I missed your post about the spacers and MC triples. But luco seems to have you covered! I don't know where to get the MC standard single flange tips though. I have tried several times to get in touch with MC's customer service but always seem to be left hanging on hold forever, so I'd give up. Recently I emailed their CS department, and they told me to call in, to which I described my previous woes on hold with that very department. The agent emailed back offering to send some pairs of the single flanges free of charge to make up for the inconvenience. But I still don't know how to get them in a normal manner! And I don't have the free pairs yet either. 

 

I'm not sure the tips in that ebay link would be the actual OEM 'genuine' ones, and with how finicky fit can be for me I would want to be sure I have the real McCoy so that I know the durometer would be the exact same, and therefore fit just as securely. And yeah, you'll need a spacer to get them to fit. I like the core from a Shure Olive tip for that. The foam is really hard to get totally off though. You'll have to work at it. 

 

post #157 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

matthewh133- 

Sorry I missed your post about the spacers and MC triples. But luco seems to have you covered! I don't know where to get the MC standard single flange tips though. I have tried several times to get in touch with MC's customer service but always seem to be left hanging on hold forever, so I'd give up. Recently I emailed their CS department, and they told me to call in, to which I described my previous woes on hold with that very department. The agent emailed back offering to send some pairs of the single flanges free of charge to make up for the inconvenience. But I still don't know how to get them in a normal manner! And I don't have the free pairs yet either. 

 

I'm not sure the tips in that ebay link would be the actual OEM 'genuine' ones, and with how finicky fit can be for me I would want to be sure I have the real McCoy so that I know the durometer would be the exact same, and therefore fit just as securely. And yeah, you'll need a spacer to get them to fit. I like the core from a Shure Olive tip for that. The foam is really hard to get totally off though. You'll have to work at it. 

 


Thanks for the reply smily_headphones1.gif I think I will just stick with the standard ones for a while after receiving it. I haven't checked how many different tips actually come with it but I assume there's a few there I can have a play with. If the fit is of concern (or my curiosity gets the better of me) I will order some more to test out.

post #158 of 1668

As a past user of almost all top-tier IEMs, I want to thank SM3 for remembering me that IEMs can still sound amazing!

post #159 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post




Thanks for the reply smily_headphones1.gif I think I will just stick with the standard ones for a while after receiving it. I haven't checked how many different tips actually come with it but I assume there's a few there I can have a play with. If the fit is of concern (or my curiosity gets the better of me) I will order some more to test out.

 

Other than the stock bi-flanges, there are 2 pairs of comply tips, and they are not good for anything IMO. Stock bi-flanges are good enough, though. I had ordered from Sensorcom their double-flanges and they arrived the same day with the SM3. They are better than the stock bi-flanges IMO. 
 

post #160 of 1668

Well, as much as I enjoy my SM3, I have put it up for sale. I have decided to enter the custom world, and need to help finance some of that move. I have also offered up the SE535. We'll see what happens. If neither sell, I still have two great IEMs, but I've been quite successful when I decide to sell my items. And of course, as much as I do like the SM3, it never really been able to push ahead of the FX700 for my ears. The Earsonics are great products sound-wise. I'm still enjoying the SM2.

post #161 of 1668
Thread Starter 

What customs are you planning on getting?  I would imagine the JH stuff is close to the FX700 sound.  I am doing a comparison of my 2 customs with my 2 full sized (will post a review when I am done) and the results haven't been exactly what I thought they would be when I pitted themselves against each other as, for the most part, I just grabbed one of them.

post #162 of 1668

^You're going for the ES5 eric? I'm thinking of going custom as well, but I'm keeping the SM3 as back-up just in case. smily_headphones1.gif I fell in love all over again with the SM3 listening to The Beatles.

post #163 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

What customs are you planning on getting?  I would imagine the JH stuff is close to the FX700 sound.  I am doing a comparison of my 2 customs with my 2 full sized (will post a review when I am done) and the results haven't been exactly what I thought they would be when I pitted themselves against each other as, for the most part, I just grabbed one of them.



I'm guessing that would be the LCD2. I heard them before, and sound signature is like the SM3, warm and detailed.

post #164 of 1668

Hello @  average_joe and airwax.

 

Actually airwax is correct, I'm leaning more toward the ES5. I really love the sound of the FX700, but I don't need a custom that will copy it necessarily in sound signature. What I'm looking for  in a custom is one that will give me that transparency and clarity I felt I received from the e-Q7, but with the bass of the FX700 and maybe treble dynamics of the MD if possible. The mids can be a mixture of the SM3, SE535 and e-Q7. Probably a tall order here, but I am taking my time and doing research. What I've read about the ES5 has interested me the most.

 

I am also curious about this new custom manufacturer call 1964, but no one seems to have heard any of their products yet. They have a custom quad coming out for about $500. They're base in Oregon, so we will see.

post #165 of 1668
Quote:
Originally Posted by airwax View Post

I'm guessing that would be the LCD2. I heard them before, and sound signature is like the SM3, warm and detailed.


I can kind of see that to a degree.  i imagine the LCD2 murders the SM3 like it does everything pretty much except Nerdlings Stax 02 rig.  Sorry but the SM3 bass is not impressive to me except that it sounds fuller than a typical BA.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?