The way I do it, it's like trying to pinch the tiny space between the connector and the shell, kind of rolling your fingertips against the shell.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/16/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 10/15/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/15/10
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 10/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which IEM to Buy?????? - Help! HA-FX700, SM3, UM3x, RE0, ER-4p, CK10, DBA-02 Last post on 8/26/11 at 4:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) Last post on 9/15/14 at 12:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$200 IEMs Last post on 8/11/11 at 3:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost the right channel in my GR07s... Last post on 8/11/11 at 12:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE262 VS CK10 VS GR07 VS DBA-02 VS TF10 VS FX700 which has more of a soul??? Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm? - Page 98
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1457 of 166612/24/12 at 1:33pmQuote:
Yea I tried that but it just won't budge. I'm contemplating using plierspost #1458 of 166612/24/12 at 1:38pmpost #1460 of 166612/26/12 at 3:41am
I tried to take my cables out also and its like they're glued so I'm not even going to try unless something happens to them.
The only reason I wont take the filter out is because I love the 3D presentation and soundstage and if that diminishes them then no way.post #1461 of 166612/26/12 at 11:36amQuote:
Yea my cable feels the same. I'm pondering using pliers hahapost #1462 of 166612/26/12 at 12:50pmThey sound much better defiltered believe me it sounds more in your face but soundstage and 3d still great, find them more detailed and a lot of clear but bright the bass didnt decrease but im using custom tips so with stock tips...
Edited by Kurdt-bada - 12/26/12 at 1:01pmpost #1463 of 166612/26/12 at 6:28pmQuote:
Take your time doing so. Eventually, they will come off.post #1464 of 166612/26/12 at 6:37pmQuote:
I'm good, I love them just the way they are and don't wont anything to change and I don't like bright very much.post #1465 of 166612/26/12 at 10:14pm
I have been using my SM3 v1's for over 2 years now and still love them, but I did encounter a problem where one of my earpieces was slightly recessed and I found out that one of the filters was faulty.
I emailed ES and was told that I would have too send them in for repair, as they don't sell replacement filters on their own, but as this would cost me around £60 including postage, I just decided to keep them unfiltered.
The problem is that I want to compare the sound between the two, so does anyone want to sell their unwanted filters, or is there any other option?post #1466 of 166612/27/12 at 12:06pmpost #1467 of 166612/27/12 at 12:10pmpost #1468 of 166612/28/12 at 9:40am
These really have ruined other good IEM's for me. I got the Heaven IV I used to have back and I really liked them so I was happy to have them back but now after listening to the SM3 the Heaven sound a bit flat and the soundstage that I thought was quite spacious sounds much thinner and narrower now. The GR07 which I started to really like sounds so dull and boring now, what have you done to me SM3? I feel like for the sound signature I like the only IEM left that's quite a bit better than the SM3 is the TG334 so that means I have to come up with $1300 sometime to be able to buy those, oh how you've ruined me SM3. Maybe the Senn IE800 will sound really good so I can save $500 and only have to spend $800, LOL.post #1469 of 166612/28/12 at 12:13pm
Man I just had a big scare with these just a minute ago. I had my IEM's on and the pmp in my pocket walking and the cable got caught on a door handle and ripped the left housing out of my ear very hard, I thought the nozzle was broke for sure. To my surprise they're fine and with not a crack or anything on them but they did get ripped out really hard because the tip was still in my ear. I've done that now probably 3 times over the past year so I need to be much more cognitive about my surroundings.post #1470 of 166612/28/12 at 4:27pmI am SM3-less. The left ear suddenly became muffled. Thought it was the cable, but since the bass driver is working, I'm pretty sure its the dual mid/treble driver or the crossover or the wiring. Since I am out of warranty (bought it used), i guess I may need to save up for the V2, or maybe the SM64. I'll dissect this and see if I can fix it. For now, hello Ba200.
I never thought I would say this, but the BA200's soundstage became so small coming from the SM3.
Mids not as lush, bass impact is considerably less, detail retrieval reduced. The only thing that the BA200 does better is left and right separation. Imaging is better and eaiser to pinpoint left or rigth. The SM3's seems to confuse the listener about where each sound is coming from. But I think the whole thing is part of the SM3's magic to make it seem to dissappear leaving you with just the music.
It's been an hour since it broke and I miss it already. But don't get me wrong, I personally think the BA200 offers about 90% of the Sm3's performance. SQ and soundstage wise. But that 10% is what I am missing badly.
Edited by Annafrancesca - 12/28/12 at 4:37pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Buying headphones for electronic music mostly. budget 150-250€ 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Need a low latency wireless headphone 2 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for headphones to monitor audio in movie production 2 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)