Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm? - Page 10

post #136 of 1669


ah, no thats not correct - more that comments like 'it'll grow on you' always make me smile. Kinda has a plaintive, pleading tone to it, mixed with a little shake of disbelief.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus_C View Post




Oh dear, you really don't like the sm3's any more do you? 

post #137 of 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

Since he got my RE252, he ascended to whole new levels of ear-dildo heaven.



love it rofl.

post #138 of 1669


Indeed, grumpy orange blob man - they are perfect for multiple eargasms.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

Since he got my RE252, he ascended to whole new levels of ear-dildo heaven.

post #139 of 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 View Post


Indeed, grumpy orange blob man - they are perfect for multiple eargasms.
 


 


+1

post #140 of 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post




I find it really hard to recommend tips for other listeners actually, since I've seen much arguing develop as to what tip is best for an earphone in absolute terms. It truly boils down to how a particular tip shape matches up with the listener's ear canal contour. You just have to try as many as you can. For instance, many, many users rave about triple flange tips on the SM3's, with a trimmed stalk... but I know from experience that anything that is triple flange (or even double) will never, ever work for me since my ear canal seems to bend inward very early. So I happen to always have the best luck with single flange tips. To that end, for me with the SM3's, the Monster Cable standard single flange tip (as supplied on any of the Turbine line) with the plastic core from a Shure black foam 'Olive' as a spacer to fit the SM3 nozzle, works far and away the best for me. 


Thanks very much for the detailed response. I seem to have trouble finding anything if I search "Monster cable triple flange" I can't seem to find anything. Would you please do me a favor and give me a link to these monster cable single and triple flange? Would be greatly appreciated and I will reward you with +1 internet cookie

post #141 of 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post




Thanks very much for the detailed response. I seem to have trouble finding anything if I search "Monster cable triple flange" I can't seem to find anything. Would you please do me a favor and give me a link to these monster cable single and triple flange? Would be greatly appreciated and I will reward you with +1 internet cookie


He likes double chocolate chip and halzenut cookies  ,you can get monster triple flange generic tips on ebay 

post #142 of 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucozade View Post




He likes double chocolate chip and halzenut cookies  ,you can get monster triple flange generic tips on ebay 


Thanks for the tip! I double chocolate chip and hazelnut, he sound like a man of class!

 

These are the ones correct?

 

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150417815553&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

 

Oh, one more thing, when people say spacers what are they referring to? I saw in the review of tips for the SM3 that he used something like spacers with the Monster triple flange and they were rated really highly.


Edited by matthewh133 - 10/28/10 at 2:46pm
post #143 of 1669

yes they are the ones
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post




Thanks for the tip! I double chocolate chip and hazelnut, he sound like a man of class!

 

These are the ones correct?

 

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150417815553&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

 

Oh, one more thing, when people say spacers what are they referring to? I saw in the review of tips for the SM3 that he used something like spacers with the Monster triple flange and they were rated really highly.

post #144 of 1669

Spacers are the core inner tube from a comply or shure olive tip , you just pull of the foam . You will need a spacer to fit monster style tips or any other tips with the larger inner tube diameter onto the SM3.

post #145 of 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucozade View Post

Spacers are the core inner tube from a comply or shure olive tip , you just pull of the foam . You will need a spacer to fit monster style tips or any other tips with the larger inner tube diameter onto the SM3.


Thanks again smily_headphones1.gif

post #146 of 1669

Well i have been listening to my Sm3 for about an hour now and all i can say is WOW. I have been switching between music like Norah Jones and Allison Krauss and then i put some Infected Mushroom on. I am completly blown away, i can only imagine what my Em3 pro's are going to sound like. I'm currently running a Sansa Fuze= LOD= Pico Slim, The sound is undescribable, its like a combination of every IEM i ever had , ck10, tf10, coppers, re0 etc. But it does it all better. Well back to listening. Thanks again Joe.

post #147 of 1669

^^ You must have achieved a perfect fit/seal.  

 

Congrats, enjoy.

post #148 of 1669
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

^^ You must have achieved a perfect fit/seal.  

 

Congrats, enjoy.



Or he has achieved a heightened state of nirvana

post #149 of 1669

All of the above

post #150 of 1669
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidostrunk View Post

Well i have been listening to my Sm3 for about an hour now and all i can say is WOW. I have been switching between music like Norah Jones and Allison Krauss and then i put some Infected Mushroom on. I am completly blown away, i can only imagine what my Em3 pro's are going to sound like. I'm currently running a Sansa Fuze= LOD= Pico Slim, The sound is undescribable, its like a combination of every IEM i ever had , ck10, tf10, coppers, re0 etc. But it does it all better. Well back to listening. Thanks again Joe.



Glad you are liking them, and I agree!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?