Sounds like you are impulsive, and you can put yourself in my shoes there... youwill probably repurchase the SM3 eventually anyways...I'd let the EPH go, IMO its really nothing special.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/16/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 10/15/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/15/10
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 10/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which IEM to Buy?????? - Help! HA-FX700, SM3, UM3x, RE0, ER-4p, CK10, DBA-02 Last post on 8/26/11 at 4:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) Last post on 9/15/14 at 12:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$200 IEMs Last post on 8/11/11 at 3:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost the right channel in my GR07s... Last post on 8/11/11 at 12:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE262 VS CK10 VS GR07 VS DBA-02 VS TF10 VS FX700 which has more of a soul??? Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm? - Page 90
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 16668/1/12 at 8:15am
EPH100 one of the most fun-sounding universal in their price range. But still cannot compete with SM3 and FX700 prowess. I still go back to the SM3s from time-to-time and I still love it!post #1338 of 16668/1/12 at 9:56ampost #1340 of 16668/16/12 at 9:46pm
Just got my SM3v2's in today from the FS forums.
Damn. Just like a good croissant. Buttery smooth, fatty, and makes me feel like I'm gaining weight because they are so good I'm in love!post #1341 of 16668/16/12 at 10:21pmpost #1343 of 16668/23/12 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
I really don't know why I would have to upgrade from the SM3. I can't really imagine needing more out of an IEM. Planning on getting some Alien Ears friction mold sleeves for mine to keep them safe and see what custom fit feels like.
I really love listening to the album BP Empire by Infected Mushroom with mine unfiltered. The separation is amazing and yet everything is so coherent. Tracks like Funchameleon really show off the bass weight an unfiltered SM3 can carry.
I thought Alien Ears was known for having a terrible reputation. Why not go 1964 ears or some other company like Westone?post #1345 of 16668/23/12 at 1:21pmQuote:
Yes, they both do - I haven't found any place that'll make them for less than 1964 Ears. As mentioned before, EarSonics also make custom sleeves.post #1347 of 16668/23/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Is there a chance we're confusing sleeves with tips? I know Earsonics, Westone, etc. make custom tips, but I haven't seen fully molded sleeves like this anywhere but the Alien Ears website: http://www.alienears.com/frictionmolds.htm
I guess I'm not sure what the difference is...post #1349 of 16668/23/12 at 1:52pmQuote:
I see - I'm sure the sleeves still fit on the nozzle to attach to the earphone? It's an interesting idea for sure, be sure to let us know how they work when you get these guys.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP 4 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 35 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 38 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Shure SE846 Canada/USA 2 minutes ago
- › Beg for answers: how many Sony MDR-R10s were made? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)