Sounds like you are impulsive, and you can put yourself in my shoes there... youwill probably repurchase the SM3 eventually anyways...I'd let the EPH go, IMO its really nothing special.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/16/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 10/15/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/15/10
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 10/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which IEM to Buy?????? - Help! HA-FX700, SM3, UM3x, RE0, ER-4p, CK10, DBA-02 Last post on 8/26/11 at 4:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) Last post on 11/15/15 at 2:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$200 IEMs Last post on 8/11/11 at 3:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost the right channel in my GR07s... Last post on 8/11/11 at 12:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE262 VS CK10 VS GR07 VS DBA-02 VS TF10 VS FX700 which has more of a soul??? Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
First of all, I'd like to thank Burson Audio for giving me this opportunity. I really mean it. Secondly, this is my first review what so ever so please bear that in mind :) . I got home one...
Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm? - Page 90post #1336 of 16817/30/12 at 4:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 16818/1/12 at 8:15am
EPH100 one of the most fun-sounding universal in their price range. But still cannot compete with SM3 and FX700 prowess. I still go back to the SM3s from time-to-time and I still love it!post #1338 of 16818/1/12 at 9:56ampost #1339 of 16818/1/12 at 2:20pmQuote:
The SM3 is worth it IMO and I live on retail pay. I have the SM3 and TF10 and I see no reason to buy more IEMs in the near future.post #1340 of 16818/16/12 at 9:46pm
Just got my SM3v2's in today from the FS forums.
Damn. Just like a good croissant. Buttery smooth, fatty, and makes me feel like I'm gaining weight because they are so good I'm in love!post #1341 of 16818/16/12 at 10:21pmpost #1342 of 16818/23/12 at 12:10pmI really don't know why I would have to upgrade from the SM3. I can't really imagine needing more out of an IEM. Planning on getting some Alien Ears friction mold sleeves for mine to keep them safe and see what custom fit feels like.
I really love listening to the album BP Empire by Infected Mushroom with mine unfiltered. The separation is amazing and yet everything is so coherent. Tracks like Funchameleon really show off the bass weight an unfiltered SM3 can carry.post #1343 of 16818/23/12 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
I really don't know why I would have to upgrade from the SM3. I can't really imagine needing more out of an IEM. Planning on getting some Alien Ears friction mold sleeves for mine to keep them safe and see what custom fit feels like.
I really love listening to the album BP Empire by Infected Mushroom with mine unfiltered. The separation is amazing and yet everything is so coherent. Tracks like Funchameleon really show off the bass weight an unfiltered SM3 can carry.
I thought Alien Ears was known for having a terrible reputation. Why not go 1964 ears or some other company like Westone?post #1344 of 16818/23/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
Does Westone/1964 make sleeves? I'm not looking for a reshell, don't want to risk my drivers and I like being able to share my phones with others.post #1345 of 16818/23/12 at 1:21pmQuote:
Yes, they both do - I haven't found any place that'll make them for less than 1964 Ears. As mentioned before, EarSonics also make custom sleeves.post #1346 of 16818/23/12 at 1:28pmpost #1347 of 16818/23/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Is there a chance we're confusing sleeves with tips? I know Earsonics, Westone, etc. make custom tips, but I haven't seen fully molded sleeves like this anywhere but the Alien Ears website: http://www.alienears.com/frictionmolds.htm
I guess I'm not sure what the difference is...post #1348 of 16818/23/12 at 1:49pmWell the custom tips fit just on the nozzle like regular tips and only go in the ear canal, whereas sleeves like the one in the link I posted cover almost the whole IEM and turn it into a near full custom fit.post #1349 of 16818/23/12 at 1:52pmQuote:
I see - I'm sure the sleeves still fit on the nozzle to attach to the earphone? It's an interesting idea for sure, be sure to let us know how they work when you get these guys.post #1350 of 16818/23/12 at 2:04pmWell yes obviously the sleeves cover the nozzle as well.
I'm second guessing myself now, I hadn't heard anything about Alien Ears before but now I feel discouraged. I wish another more reputable company made something comparable...anybody have any leads?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Wizard Savanna Giveaway! 7 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 10 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 10 minutes ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 10 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...