Sounds like you are impulsive, and you can put yourself in my shoes there... youwill probably repurchase the SM3 eventually anyways...I'd let the EPH go, IMO its really nothing special.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/16/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 10/15/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/15/10
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 10/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which IEM to Buy?????? - Help! HA-FX700, SM3, UM3x, RE0, ER-4p, CK10, DBA-02 Last post on 8/26/11 at 4:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) Last post on 1/31/15 at 10:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$200 IEMs Last post on 8/11/11 at 3:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost the right channel in my GR07s... Last post on 8/11/11 at 12:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE262 VS CK10 VS GR07 VS DBA-02 VS TF10 VS FX700 which has more of a soul??? Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Who would have ever thought that cans that cost 20~ bucks could sound pretty good, well some how Superlux did it and this is the result. I have the Presonus HD 7 which is essentially the same...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm? - Page 90post #1336 of 16737/30/12 at 4:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 16738/1/12 at 8:15am
EPH100 one of the most fun-sounding universal in their price range. But still cannot compete with SM3 and FX700 prowess. I still go back to the SM3s from time-to-time and I still love it!post #1338 of 16738/1/12 at 9:56ampost #1339 of 16738/1/12 at 2:20pmQuote:
The SM3 is worth it IMO and I live on retail pay. I have the SM3 and TF10 and I see no reason to buy more IEMs in the near future.post #1340 of 16738/16/12 at 9:46pm
Just got my SM3v2's in today from the FS forums.
Damn. Just like a good croissant. Buttery smooth, fatty, and makes me feel like I'm gaining weight because they are so good I'm in love!post #1341 of 16738/16/12 at 10:21pmpost #1342 of 16738/23/12 at 12:10pmI really don't know why I would have to upgrade from the SM3. I can't really imagine needing more out of an IEM. Planning on getting some Alien Ears friction mold sleeves for mine to keep them safe and see what custom fit feels like.
I really love listening to the album BP Empire by Infected Mushroom with mine unfiltered. The separation is amazing and yet everything is so coherent. Tracks like Funchameleon really show off the bass weight an unfiltered SM3 can carry.post #1343 of 16738/23/12 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
I really don't know why I would have to upgrade from the SM3. I can't really imagine needing more out of an IEM. Planning on getting some Alien Ears friction mold sleeves for mine to keep them safe and see what custom fit feels like.
I really love listening to the album BP Empire by Infected Mushroom with mine unfiltered. The separation is amazing and yet everything is so coherent. Tracks like Funchameleon really show off the bass weight an unfiltered SM3 can carry.
I thought Alien Ears was known for having a terrible reputation. Why not go 1964 ears or some other company like Westone?post #1344 of 16738/23/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
Does Westone/1964 make sleeves? I'm not looking for a reshell, don't want to risk my drivers and I like being able to share my phones with others.post #1345 of 16738/23/12 at 1:21pmQuote:
Yes, they both do - I haven't found any place that'll make them for less than 1964 Ears. As mentioned before, EarSonics also make custom sleeves.post #1346 of 16738/23/12 at 1:28pmpost #1347 of 16738/23/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Is there a chance we're confusing sleeves with tips? I know Earsonics, Westone, etc. make custom tips, but I haven't seen fully molded sleeves like this anywhere but the Alien Ears website: http://www.alienears.com/frictionmolds.htm
I guess I'm not sure what the difference is...post #1348 of 16738/23/12 at 1:49pmWell the custom tips fit just on the nozzle like regular tips and only go in the ear canal, whereas sleeves like the one in the link I posted cover almost the whole IEM and turn it into a near full custom fit.post #1349 of 16738/23/12 at 1:52pmQuote:
I see - I'm sure the sleeves still fit on the nozzle to attach to the earphone? It's an interesting idea for sure, be sure to let us know how they work when you get these guys.post #1350 of 16738/23/12 at 2:04pmWell yes obviously the sleeves cover the nozzle as well.
I'm second guessing myself now, I hadn't heard anything about Alien Ears before but now I feel discouraged. I wish another more reputable company made something comparable...anybody have any leads?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 38 seconds ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Viper4Android VS Fiio E6 8 minutes ago
- › where to eat in atlanta? 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 8 minutes ago
- › Which feature do you most want to see from Rockbox in our X series... 9 minutes ago
- › Headphones - listening and (basic) mixing 10 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread 11 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by Zulkr9
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2