Sounds like you are impulsive, and you can put yourself in my shoes there... youwill probably repurchase the SM3 eventually anyways...I'd let the EPH go, IMO its really nothing special.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/16/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 10/15/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/15/10
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 10/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which IEM to Buy?????? - Help! HA-FX700, SM3, UM3x, RE0, ER-4p, CK10, DBA-02 Last post on 8/26/11 at 4:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) Last post on 11/15/15 at 2:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$200 IEMs Last post on 8/11/11 at 3:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost the right channel in my GR07s... Last post on 8/11/11 at 12:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE262 VS CK10 VS GR07 VS DBA-02 VS TF10 VS FX700 which has more of a soul??? Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm? - Page 90post #1336 of 16817/30/12 at 4:16pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 16818/1/12 at 8:15am
EPH100 one of the most fun-sounding universal in their price range. But still cannot compete with SM3 and FX700 prowess. I still go back to the SM3s from time-to-time and I still love it!post #1338 of 16818/1/12 at 9:56ampost #1339 of 16818/1/12 at 2:20pmQuote:
The SM3 is worth it IMO and I live on retail pay. I have the SM3 and TF10 and I see no reason to buy more IEMs in the near future.post #1340 of 16818/16/12 at 9:46pm
Just got my SM3v2's in today from the FS forums.
Damn. Just like a good croissant. Buttery smooth, fatty, and makes me feel like I'm gaining weight because they are so good I'm in love!post #1341 of 16818/16/12 at 10:21pmpost #1342 of 16818/23/12 at 12:10pmI really don't know why I would have to upgrade from the SM3. I can't really imagine needing more out of an IEM. Planning on getting some Alien Ears friction mold sleeves for mine to keep them safe and see what custom fit feels like.
I really love listening to the album BP Empire by Infected Mushroom with mine unfiltered. The separation is amazing and yet everything is so coherent. Tracks like Funchameleon really show off the bass weight an unfiltered SM3 can carry.post #1343 of 16818/23/12 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
I really don't know why I would have to upgrade from the SM3. I can't really imagine needing more out of an IEM. Planning on getting some Alien Ears friction mold sleeves for mine to keep them safe and see what custom fit feels like.
I really love listening to the album BP Empire by Infected Mushroom with mine unfiltered. The separation is amazing and yet everything is so coherent. Tracks like Funchameleon really show off the bass weight an unfiltered SM3 can carry.
I thought Alien Ears was known for having a terrible reputation. Why not go 1964 ears or some other company like Westone?post #1344 of 16818/23/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
Does Westone/1964 make sleeves? I'm not looking for a reshell, don't want to risk my drivers and I like being able to share my phones with others.post #1345 of 16818/23/12 at 1:21pmQuote:
Yes, they both do - I haven't found any place that'll make them for less than 1964 Ears. As mentioned before, EarSonics also make custom sleeves.post #1346 of 16818/23/12 at 1:28pmpost #1347 of 16818/23/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Is there a chance we're confusing sleeves with tips? I know Earsonics, Westone, etc. make custom tips, but I haven't seen fully molded sleeves like this anywhere but the Alien Ears website: http://www.alienears.com/frictionmolds.htm
I guess I'm not sure what the difference is...post #1348 of 16818/23/12 at 1:49pmWell the custom tips fit just on the nozzle like regular tips and only go in the ear canal, whereas sleeves like the one in the link I posted cover almost the whole IEM and turn it into a near full custom fit.post #1349 of 16818/23/12 at 1:52pmQuote:
I see - I'm sure the sleeves still fit on the nozzle to attach to the earphone? It's an interesting idea for sure, be sure to let us know how they work when you get these guys.post #1350 of 16818/23/12 at 2:04pmWell yes obviously the sleeves cover the nozzle as well.
I'm second guessing myself now, I hadn't heard anything about Alien Ears before but now I feel discouraged. I wish another more reputable company made something comparable...anybody have any leads?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 1 second ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Help Me Diagnose Why My Setup Sounds Harsh With Orchestral Music 1 minute ago
- › Looking for advice on headphone purchase 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 3 minutes ago
- › California Headphones Silverado impressions 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 4 minutes ago
- › $2 dac chip vs $2000 Benchmark Media DAC2 HGC, no difference... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...