Sounds like you are impulsive, and you can put yourself in my shoes there... youwill probably repurchase the SM3 eventually anyways...I'd let the EPH go, IMO its really nothing special.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 1/20/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/6/11
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 2/16/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 10/15/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 12/8/10
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 1/20/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/15/10
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 10/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Which IEM to Buy?????? - Help! HA-FX700, SM3, UM3x, RE0, ER-4p, CK10, DBA-02 Last post on 8/26/11 at 4:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) Last post on 9/15/14 at 12:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ~$200 IEMs Last post on 8/11/11 at 3:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost the right channel in my GR07s... Last post on 8/11/11 at 12:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE262 VS CK10 VS GR07 VS DBA-02 VS TF10 VS FX700 which has more of a soul??? Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm? - Page 90
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 16668/1/12 at 8:15am
EPH100 one of the most fun-sounding universal in their price range. But still cannot compete with SM3 and FX700 prowess. I still go back to the SM3s from time-to-time and I still love it!post #1338 of 16668/1/12 at 9:56ampost #1340 of 16668/16/12 at 9:46pm
Just got my SM3v2's in today from the FS forums.
Damn. Just like a good croissant. Buttery smooth, fatty, and makes me feel like I'm gaining weight because they are so good I'm in love!post #1341 of 16668/16/12 at 10:21pmpost #1343 of 16668/23/12 at 12:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
I really don't know why I would have to upgrade from the SM3. I can't really imagine needing more out of an IEM. Planning on getting some Alien Ears friction mold sleeves for mine to keep them safe and see what custom fit feels like.
I really love listening to the album BP Empire by Infected Mushroom with mine unfiltered. The separation is amazing and yet everything is so coherent. Tracks like Funchameleon really show off the bass weight an unfiltered SM3 can carry.
I thought Alien Ears was known for having a terrible reputation. Why not go 1964 ears or some other company like Westone?post #1345 of 16668/23/12 at 1:21pmQuote:
Yes, they both do - I haven't found any place that'll make them for less than 1964 Ears. As mentioned before, EarSonics also make custom sleeves.post #1347 of 16668/23/12 at 1:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gilly87
Is there a chance we're confusing sleeves with tips? I know Earsonics, Westone, etc. make custom tips, but I haven't seen fully molded sleeves like this anywhere but the Alien Ears website: http://www.alienears.com/frictionmolds.htm
I guess I'm not sure what the difference is...post #1349 of 16668/23/12 at 1:52pmQuote:
I see - I'm sure the sleeves still fit on the nozzle to attach to the earphone? It's an interesting idea for sure, be sure to let us know how they work when you get these guys.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 Appreciation Thread - Third Time is a Charm?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Need help finding an amplifier for some HE-400's 13 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 16 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › Comfortable closed cans for less than $200 1 minute ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for Kit Advice! 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)