sm, weston, ultimate ears make stuff that breaks. I have had two pairs of utlimate ears that developed a crack in the housing and broke. My er4s and er6 etymotic research products have lasted me for 7 years so far and they are still going strong.
- productEarSonics SM2tagged by System, 2/25/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 10/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/14/10
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/25/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- If you could keep only one IEM, which one would it be? Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with BEST bass response £100-£250 Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR-07 = WOW Last post on 12/11/12 at 9:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
Earsonics SM3 fall apart - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 3510/15/10 at 5:51pmpost #18 of 3510/18/10 at 12:59pmpost #19 of 3510/20/10 at 6:41ampost #20 of 3510/21/10 at 11:36amThread Starterpost #21 of 3510/21/10 at 1:14pmpost #22 of 3510/22/10 at 2:27ampost #23 of 351/20/11 at 11:34ampost #24 of 352/24/11 at 12:08pm
My left side (blue) fell apart today. I press this side often (very) hard to get a better sound. Yeah, unfortunately I got unlucky with the custom earmold for my left ear. My left ear always was more problematic than the right one.
I just let my dad glue it together with superglue. Didn't try them yet since. Either way, I find it very poor that iem's in this price range fall apart so easily. I have treated my <100 EUR Sony's way worse, and yes, they also fell apart, but it took a lot more time to do so, and it didn't reveal the driver as it does with the SM3.
Edit: And yes I have to treat them in this way because fitting issues simply suck with the SM3 (for me), so I also can not blame myself. I'm not to keen on having to order another custom earmold for my left ear. I felt a lot more horrible initially, within the first few weeks I couldn't even get them in my ears. Then the tip search began, and still disappointed until now.
Edit #2: And to make it worse, they do sound great if you do have a good fit.post #25 of 352/24/11 at 12:21pmpost #26 of 352/24/11 at 12:31pmpost #27 of 352/24/11 at 12:36pm
Nah, glue failure isn't terribly uncommon. One unfortunate issue of glue is that it is prone to environmental effects like UV rays that break down the chemicals, temp swings that introduce stresses, physical fatigue, and even chemical breakdown (for example if you are a smoker). This doesn't even include manufacturing variation nor the variation of the actual glue from the supplier. Plain and simple, a glued part will eventually fail over time. It many be 6 months. It may be 10 years. It all varies. That's why these threads don't surprise me at all. It's also why I like to see manufacturers actually screw together their products or at least use clipping mechanisms around the edges, so the system really doesn't rely on the glue. There are also manufacturing processes that will melt the parts together rather than glue them (ultrasonic welding) which then gets rid of the reliance on a glue adhesive completely.
As for fixing that earphone. If Earsonic will do it for free (even pay shipping), send it off to them. If you would prefer not to be without, a little CA glue (super glue) will go a long way. Just scrap off the existing stuff, apply a very light amount of CA glue, and stick it together. If you want a more flexible bond, you might look at silicon instead which still offers high bonding strength but is a flexible adhesive. Other options would be an epoxy resin, heck, even JB Weld. Anything will work really. It just needs to be something that bonds with plastic.post #28 of 352/24/11 at 6:05pmpost #29 of 352/26/11 at 7:01am
Inks a little off topic but could you tell me how the SM3 compares with the MD's? I'm considering returning my MD's for SM3's and would like to know how they fair interms of mids/bass impact etc etc. Cheers.post #30 of 353/9/11 at 12:14amQuote:Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 fall apart
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 seconds ago
- › Headphones vs Speakers -- an Inconvenient Truth 31 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Audio gd NFB-10ES AND DI-V3 (SALE PENDING) 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Shozy Alien+ 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear