Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I need your help Last post on 12/31/12 at 3:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- BALDOOR Medusa - new fashion on-ear headphone from China (soon to be released, it seems)! Last post on 1/7/13 at 1:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for Over-Ear headphones around $80-100 available in Canada Last post on 11/17/12 at 11:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over the ear headphones under $200 Last post on 12/16/12 at 12:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity - Page 330post #4936 of 497510/11/13 at 8:44pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #4937 of 497510/12/13 at 1:51am
You get my respect for knowing that! Though, I would rather post a picture of Nao Nagasawa, but can't find any with headphones...post #4938 of 497510/12/13 at 8:11amQuote:
hell no, i'm not a girl, but yes for your second guess
she choose iem based on what color she like, so damn colorphile I thinkpost #4939 of 497510/12/13 at 5:47pmQuote:
Well too bad though, head-fi could use more girls!post #4940 of 497510/13/13 at 3:14amQuote:
Are you sure you're not a girl?post #4941 of 497510/13/13 at 10:02am
Do you have problem with that? Or you just looking problem with me because you jealous about miss our last photo shoot eh?post #4942 of 497510/13/13 at 12:05pmpost #4943 of 497510/14/13 at 10:12ampost #4944 of 497510/14/13 at 8:31pmQuote:
The files from steve, I need those files .post #4945 of 497510/15/13 at 3:56pmThread Starterpost #4946 of 497510/17/13 at 4:04am
The nose shadows of the girls on the left and on the right do not match. The sunrays seem to come from the different directions for each of them. On the left the Sun shines from the position of the 11th hour on the clock dial and the Sun shines from the 2nd hour on the girl on the right.
I noticed this discrepancy because I keep the nose shadow problem well marked in my mind, ever since I encountered the most famous one of all of history, the one of Lee Harvey Oswald. To explain better, see this what is now considered a doctored photo of Oswald taken before the assassination of president Kennedy. It is so neat, he stands with a rifle in one hand and a communist newspaper in the other hand. This is a photo montage job done to frame a patsy, so neat as an idea to show the world that Oswald was a communist assassin.
The actual photo pasting job is not that great, it was a hurry job. Notice the famous nose shadow. It shows that the Sun is at its zenith of noon time, straight up on the sky, right above Oswald's head and even little to the back which would be zero/360 degrees on the compass dial. Now see the vertical wooden beam on the photo's right, just at the edge of Oswald's left shoulder. It is casting a lighter shadow to the left which means the Sun is to the right at about 2:30 o'clock position. If the Sun was directly above then the beam would not have cast its shadow to the left, there would have been no shadow on the wall just behind it. The full photo below on the left shows that indeed the Sun shone from the 2:30 o'clock position and from the center right, from 135 degrees on the horizontal compass dial. http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Compass See the direction of the figure shadow and its length. This is not a shadow made by a noon Sun, it is too long. It was almost mid afternoon and the Sun should have shone to the person's face, there should not have been a long nose shadow on the photo. The head on the photo was pasted on from a photo that was taken at the different time of day when the Sun was directly overhead. There are other problems of fakery on the photo as well. Just one. The photo on the right was taken at about the same time as the one on the left and the head is also pasted on. But there was a problem for the evidence fabricators. Because of the posture of the individual the head that was pasted on had to be tilted, towards the left shoulder. Since the special skills person/team had limited supply of Oswald's head photos the one that was used was also from a photo that was taken at noon time and with the head at the straight vertical position. One can see that the shadow of the nose goes straight down towards the middle of the mouth. The problem with the photo on the right with its tilted head is that the shadow does not change its angle relative to the axis of the head. When a head tilts then the angle of the sunrays change and the angle of the nose shadow changes too. But on the photo it does not, it still points straight towards the center of the mouth. It should have shifted toward the left corner of the mouth.
Now you are going to remember the nose shadow tool for detective work.
Edited by zorin - 10/17/13 at 4:13ampost #4947 of 497510/17/13 at 8:49pm
Need to admit that I didn't read the whole text, but in my opinion, the shadows look normal and you exaggerated the differencies. Also, from the pretty tight crop you can't say how the environment is.post #4948 of 497510/18/13 at 5:12amThread Starterpost #4949 of 497510/18/13 at 10:21ampost #4950 of 497510/18/13 at 10:40am
Doesn't have to be shopped, they could have used light screens or spotlights for these pictures. Professional photographers use that sort of equipment all the time.
- Headphones - WORN!!! - new thread - no nudity
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hybrid IEM comparison requested: Astrotec AX60, DUNU DN1000, TPEOS... 43 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2, plus comparisons (Added ER4S) 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 4 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 5 minutes ago
- › What to choose for under 100 us dollars?? 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones for $200 (Q/k701, HD598, DT-770-PRO-32, Grado SR225i?) 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 minutes ago
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe