Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamics T1 Amplification Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beyerdynamics T1 Amplification Thread - Page 6

post #76 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

I also like tube amps with the T1 when i owned it I used my CSP-2 OTL and the Concerto and much preferred the tube amp. OTL sound fantastic because of the high impedance. Think Decware and Woo with the T1


Anyone did a Decware v.s Woo Audio?
I'm curious to know which one is the best.
post #77 of 121

The ECBA and EAR HP-4 are equally good with the T1s, but there is a little master called the ALO RxIII which is pretty close to the big guys, IMO.

Yes, the RxIII is that good in my experience

post #78 of 121

I have been enjoying my new Soloist with my T1's. I can honestly say that the Soloist is much better than the Lyr at bringing them to life.

They have never sounded better to my ears.

 

http://bursonaudio.com/

post #79 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

I have been enjoying my new Soloist with my T1's. I can honestly say that the Soloist is much better than the Lyr at bringing them to life.

They have never sounded better to my ears.

 

http://bursonaudio.com/

 

Interesting...good to hear. I thought the Lyr/T1 combo was good (not great), but the HA160-T1 combo was pretty bad. Looks like Burson kicked it up a notch with the Soloist.

post #80 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

 

Interesting...good to hear. I thought the Lyr/T1 combo was good (not great), but the HA160-T1 combo was pretty bad. Looks like Burson kicked it up a notch with the Soloist.

 

Yes, I was never impressed with the HA160/T1 combo. I was actually thinking of selling my T1's, but not anymore.

 

As a side note the soloist works very well with the HE-6 as well.

The Lyr only ran the HE-6 adequately, imho.

post #81 of 121

T1 via Grant Fidelity TubeDac's tube out through an RSA HR2. Makes the T1 sing.

 

T1 powered by either of these 2 amps sounds almost as good, but the combination through the T1 is absolute magic. 

post #82 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

 

Yes, I was never impressed with the HA160/T1 combo. I was actually thinking of selling my T1's, but not anymore.

 

As a side note the soloist works very well with the HE-6 as well.

The Lyr only ran the HE-6 adequately, imho.

 

I have to Add the HE-5le are going strong with this amp, burson really improved with the Musicians series. Im doing some extensive listening with the T1's over the wkd. 


Edited by fabio-fi - 2/6/13 at 8:09pm
post #83 of 121

Hi.  I currently have an Alo Pan Am and also a Leckerton 6smk2.  Will these amps adequately drive a pair of T1s - I am looking at buying a pair here in NZ and don't really want to buy another amp. They  are 600ohm T1s.  Thks in advance.

post #84 of 121
Thread Starter 

Haven't heard the PanAm, but here's someone who tried them together:

 

 

 

Quote:

http://headfonics.com/2012/10/alo-audio-the-pan-am/

 

Using a Beyer T1 stock the volume demands stayed much the same at the LCD-2 Rev 2. The Siemens tubes I found to be an excellent match for the T1 also bringing out a pretty full mid-range and a pleasant top end and coherent bass though not as impactful as the LCD-2 out of the Pan Am.

post #85 of 121
Schiit Mjolnir with XLR-Terminated T1 is amazing. The walls come down on soundstaging, just amazing.
post #86 of 121

I use the T1 with a Audio-GD Phoenix for a year, and it sound great. Good everywhere, just the bass is a little lean for me...

Very analytic, with great power reserve. The T1 cable was modified with a 4 plugs XLR connector.

post #87 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident900fi View Post

I use the T1 with a Audio-GD Phoenix for a year, and it sound great. Good everywhere, just the bass is a little lean for me...
Very analytic, with great power reserve. The T1 cable was modified with a 4 plugs XLR connector.
+1 I have mine terminated to XLR as well, but I have the Schiit Mjolnir. This amp makes the walls totally fall down on the T1, not like there was any in the first place, but they really opened up. The depth is lacking just a touch, but its a no feedback design. Best amp I have found with the T1 so far, tubes go good with the T1, but the sheer power, dynamics, and high voltage rails of the Mjolnir dont make me miss tubes at all. A must hear. Totally transformed the T1, its amazing how they scale.
Edited by brunk - 3/6/13 at 2:54pm
post #88 of 121

Does anyone ever compared the Schiit Mjolnir with Burson Soloist, regarding to T1 ? 

I did hear some comment that balanced T1 sounds much better, If so I may just to find a re-cable service for my new T1 somewhere.

post #89 of 121
I'm looking at the Icon Audio HP8 MKII as an alternative to the Woo tube amplifiers. Anybody have experience with this and the T1?
post #90 of 121

I noticed that the T1 is very sensitive to DAC. I was using a Musical Fidelity M1 DAC heavily modified, and now I use a Lampizator DAC4 (old school DAC) and it's realy better. I found again the LP sound I was listening 30 years ago !!
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Beyerdynamics T1 Amplification Thread