Dosent even have to be high quality. Only the most average, run of the mill headphone out there applies. The two I see most is 1. Apple earbuds and 2. Sony MDR-V150. It seems like Koss was extremely common back in the day, not sure which models though. In studios, you always see MDR-V6 and MDR 7509. Can anyone else add? What is the most successful headphone, in terms of sales? Not including pre packaged phones?
- categoryEarbudstagged by System, 10/13/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/13/10
- productSony DRV150iP Headphonestagged by System, 10/13/10
- productSony MDR7509HD Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/13/10
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 10/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Headphone Recommedation(s) Desired Last post on 9/19/11 at 9:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are these ? Last post on 4/18/12 at 9:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...in which clarity, isolation (read: closed), durability and comfort are all very important. Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Current options for a new headset (gaming). Last post on 9/6/11 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- differences between sony hp? Last post on 8/19/11 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
~::I originally published this review on The Headphone List. Now I wish to share it with my Head-Fi fellows::~ ::Disclaimer:: I was given these headphones free of charge in exchange for my...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to take a quick look at the MEMT X5, a punchy little micro-driver that's been gaining some popularity as of late. I'm a big fan of micro-drivers and am always...
Introduction I have owned these headphones for four years now. These were my first decent pair that I researched before buying. Before this I had just bought inexpensive headphones that happened...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we're going to be checking out a wireless Bluetooth speaker from Archeer, the A320. Archeer sells a pretty wide variety of products like cellphone cases, headphones,...
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
What is the average, "standard" headphone?post #1 of 1010/12/10 at 6:41pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/12/10 at 7:08pmpost #3 of 1010/12/10 at 7:12pmThread Starter
Exactly, something approved by millions.
post #4 of 1010/12/10 at 7:51pmpost #5 of 1010/12/10 at 8:04pm
Whatever was available as a Walmart special.
Before I had the cash for nice headphones, that's basically what I got, and I'm sure that the same is true for millions of others. Sony, Koss, Philips, and a bunch of other brands had products that fit into this category.post #6 of 1010/12/10 at 11:53pmpost #7 of 1010/14/10 at 9:13amThread Starter
Koss SP/3 also caused a stir in the 1950's. It was the very first Koss "stereophone."
Love this picture of the 414. No doubt this headphone has been extremely succesful and has been produced for many years.
Edited by EYEdROP - 10/14/10 at 9:14ampost #8 of 1010/14/10 at 9:29am
Run of the mill headphones, I would say anything that happens to be in a nearby store at a decent price. My old Sony MDR-XD200's are about as average in every way as you can get.
In terms of most successful. iBuds by a mile. Purely because they come included with the highest selling MP3 player.
Edited by gngf123 - 10/14/10 at 9:30ampost #9 of 1010/14/10 at 9:59am
Do you mean most common, or most typical? I'm going to bet that, for a couple decades now, people use whatever headphones come with the device they bought to use with headphones, and not many headphone users buy headphones specifically any more.
I remember when the small foam-cushioned headphones that came with the original Sony Walkman ended up being a ubiquitous design. Millions of those were sold, either because Walkman-style cassette players became ubiquitous and each had a pair of headphones packed in, or because the fact that they were lightweight, cheap, and many of them sounded okay made them popular in the aftermarket.
If you mean the most common single item sold now, it's easily whichever version of earbuds are packaged with Apple's portables this year. Note that Apple's earbuds have been redesigned a few times since the first iPod.
These days, first place for aftermarket phones are probably low-end IEMs (little better than earbuds with nozzles to fit in the canal, really), since those can be had for cheap in every department store, grocery and convenience store.
- What is the average, "standard" headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 49 seconds ago
- › Who prefers the Sennheiser HD 800 over the STAX SR-009? (Whether... 1 minute ago
- › New Release----Mixcder Wired Earbuds X5 Tests and Reviews Start now 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need a Recommendation For Wireless Earbuds 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Can someone give me incontrovertible, empirical evidence that "burn... 4 minutes ago
- › BEOPlay H9 - Wireless Noise-Cancelling Over-Ear Headpone by PinkyPowers
- › MEMT X5 In Ear Earphone by B9Scrambler
- › AKG K240 MKII Headphones by Napalmhardcore
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear