Dosent even have to be high quality. Only the most average, run of the mill headphone out there applies. The two I see most is 1. Apple earbuds and 2. Sony MDR-V150. It seems like Koss was extremely common back in the day, not sure which models though. In studios, you always see MDR-V6 and MDR 7509. Can anyone else add? What is the most successful headphone, in terms of sales? Not including pre packaged phones?
- categoryEarbudstagged by System, 10/13/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/13/10
- productSony DRV150iP Headphonestagged by System, 10/13/10
- productSony MDR7509HD Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/13/10
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 10/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Headphone Recommedation(s) Desired Last post on 9/19/11 at 9:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are these ? Last post on 4/18/12 at 9:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...in which clarity, isolation (read: closed), durability and comfort are all very important. Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Current options for a new headset (gaming). Last post on 9/6/11 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- differences between sony hp? Last post on 8/19/11 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might know JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
What is the average, "standard" headphone?post #1 of 1010/12/10 at 6:41pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/12/10 at 7:08pmpost #3 of 1010/12/10 at 7:12pmThread Starter
Exactly, something approved by millions.
post #4 of 1010/12/10 at 7:51pmpost #5 of 1010/12/10 at 8:04pm
Whatever was available as a Walmart special.
Before I had the cash for nice headphones, that's basically what I got, and I'm sure that the same is true for millions of others. Sony, Koss, Philips, and a bunch of other brands had products that fit into this category.post #6 of 1010/12/10 at 11:53pmpost #7 of 1010/14/10 at 9:13amThread Starter
Koss SP/3 also caused a stir in the 1950's. It was the very first Koss "stereophone."
Love this picture of the 414. No doubt this headphone has been extremely succesful and has been produced for many years.
Edited by EYEdROP - 10/14/10 at 9:14ampost #8 of 1010/14/10 at 9:29am
Run of the mill headphones, I would say anything that happens to be in a nearby store at a decent price. My old Sony MDR-XD200's are about as average in every way as you can get.
In terms of most successful. iBuds by a mile. Purely because they come included with the highest selling MP3 player.
Edited by gngf123 - 10/14/10 at 9:30ampost #9 of 1010/14/10 at 9:59am
Do you mean most common, or most typical? I'm going to bet that, for a couple decades now, people use whatever headphones come with the device they bought to use with headphones, and not many headphone users buy headphones specifically any more.
I remember when the small foam-cushioned headphones that came with the original Sony Walkman ended up being a ubiquitous design. Millions of those were sold, either because Walkman-style cassette players became ubiquitous and each had a pair of headphones packed in, or because the fact that they were lightweight, cheap, and many of them sounded okay made them popular in the aftermarket.
If you mean the most common single item sold now, it's easily whichever version of earbuds are packaged with Apple's portables this year. Note that Apple's earbuds have been redesigned a few times since the first iPod.
These days, first place for aftermarket phones are probably low-end IEMs (little better than earbuds with nozzles to fit in the canal, really), since those can be had for cheap in every department store, grocery and convenience store.
- What is the average, "standard" headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Audio-Technica debuts three new pairs of headphones ATH-R70x,... 3 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 12 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Fatal flaw with Audeze EL-8 ??? 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor HP-DX1000 2 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2