Dosent even have to be high quality. Only the most average, run of the mill headphone out there applies. The two I see most is 1. Apple earbuds and 2. Sony MDR-V150. It seems like Koss was extremely common back in the day, not sure which models though. In studios, you always see MDR-V6 and MDR 7509. Can anyone else add? What is the most successful headphone, in terms of sales? Not including pre packaged phones?
- categoryEarbudstagged by System, 10/13/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/13/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/13/10
- productSony DRV150iP Headphonestagged by System, 10/13/10
- productSony MDR7509HD Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/13/10
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 10/13/10
Related Forum Threads
- Closed Headphone Recommedation(s) Desired Last post on 9/19/11 at 9:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones are these ? Last post on 4/18/12 at 9:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ...in which clarity, isolation (read: closed), durability and comfort are all very important. Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Current options for a new headset (gaming). Last post on 9/6/11 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- differences between sony hp? Last post on 8/19/11 at 4:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
-- ******Spolier Alert!****** This is an awesome 2.1 System, you might as well just go buy them right now, no point in reading my review. But if you must insist in continuing to...
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Test Chain JRiver>Gungnir>Onix SP3>HE-500 (XLR to SE adapter) Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
What is the average, "standard" headphone?post #1 of 1010/12/10 at 6:41pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1010/12/10 at 7:08pmpost #3 of 1010/12/10 at 7:12pmThread Starter
Exactly, something approved by millions.
post #4 of 1010/12/10 at 7:51pmpost #5 of 1010/12/10 at 8:04pm
Whatever was available as a Walmart special.
Before I had the cash for nice headphones, that's basically what I got, and I'm sure that the same is true for millions of others. Sony, Koss, Philips, and a bunch of other brands had products that fit into this category.post #6 of 1010/12/10 at 11:53pmpost #7 of 1010/14/10 at 9:13amThread Starter
Koss SP/3 also caused a stir in the 1950's. It was the very first Koss "stereophone."
Love this picture of the 414. No doubt this headphone has been extremely succesful and has been produced for many years.
Edited by EYEdROP - 10/14/10 at 9:14ampost #8 of 1010/14/10 at 9:29am
Run of the mill headphones, I would say anything that happens to be in a nearby store at a decent price. My old Sony MDR-XD200's are about as average in every way as you can get.
In terms of most successful. iBuds by a mile. Purely because they come included with the highest selling MP3 player.
Edited by gngf123 - 10/14/10 at 9:30ampost #9 of 1010/14/10 at 9:59am
Do you mean most common, or most typical? I'm going to bet that, for a couple decades now, people use whatever headphones come with the device they bought to use with headphones, and not many headphone users buy headphones specifically any more.
I remember when the small foam-cushioned headphones that came with the original Sony Walkman ended up being a ubiquitous design. Millions of those were sold, either because Walkman-style cassette players became ubiquitous and each had a pair of headphones packed in, or because the fact that they were lightweight, cheap, and many of them sounded okay made them popular in the aftermarket.
If you mean the most common single item sold now, it's easily whichever version of earbuds are packaged with Apple's portables this year. Note that Apple's earbuds have been redesigned a few times since the first iPod.
These days, first place for aftermarket phones are probably low-end IEMs (little better than earbuds with nozzles to fit in the canal, really), since those can be had for cheap in every department store, grocery and convenience store.
- What is the average, "standard" headphone?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Torque t402v supra/circumaural headphone tour - Reviewers wanted! 4 minutes ago
- › Chromecast audio - can anyone comment on sound quality? 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Hiii Head-Fiers! Glad to Join the Community! 7 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2