Actually there would be tooling expense because that is one of the reasons why they were discontinued. The machines used to make them wore out and were breaking down too often (and costing too much to repair) after having been in service for what 15 years?. If they brought them back, they would most likely have to retool from the ground up.
Related Forum Threads
- Asking headfi, should I fix my broken AKG K1000's for $850, or sell them cheap and get... Last post on 8/18/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is there such a thing as product cycles for headphones? Last post on 11/28/10 at 12:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full Sized Headphone that is the Best at Timbre (Most Timbre Accuracy) Last post on 8/23/10 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NOS AKG K1000 for 550$? Is it ok? Last post on 8/16/10 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K1000 and DAC Magic Last post on 9/1/10 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
akg is considering to remake the k1000 but only if it gets enough love on its facebook page - Page 2post #16 of 8010/12/10 at 8:05pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 8010/12/10 at 8:50pmQuote:
I think so, and the HD-800 is one of my favorites.
The impedance of the K-1000 is 120 Ohms, the old standard. But that's not terribly relevant because the K-1000 needs 8W of power (according to the manual) and requires a power amp for speakers. No ordinary headphone amp will drive it.
And as much as I love the K-1000, I ain't signing up for Facebook.post #18 of 8010/12/10 at 9:07pm
I'd say "ordinary" is a dubious qualifier. There are certainly several headphone amps that will drive them, as you know, but you are right in that your average headphone amp won't drive them.post #19 of 8010/12/10 at 9:09pm
I thought few members here having a hard time just to get in touch with someone/anyone in AKG at all. If I buy something from any company, I would expect good after service. I hope my k702 never breaks down. So, I'm not sure to support AKG at all. Just a thought of mine.post #20 of 8010/12/10 at 9:11pm
AKG parts are easy to find, you just have to have the right phone number and person to ask for. The reason it can be difficult for most people is that it goes through the whole Harman conglomerate support system unless you the 2 things I mentioned first.post #21 of 8010/12/10 at 11:49pmpost #22 of 8010/13/10 at 1:07pm
I certainly do not intend to sign up at Facebook, so if AKG is serious they look for feedback elsewhere as well - like here at Head-Fi.
Our prayers for a revival or upgrade may be heard! **Prays**post #23 of 8010/13/10 at 5:25pm
I can't see them walking away from the piles of money people willingly drop on top tier headphones just to be altruistic.
post #24 of 8010/13/10 at 8:03pm
Someone can simply post a link on facebook to this thread to show AKG how much K1000 love there is without having to sign up for facebook. +1 supporter here.post #25 of 8010/13/10 at 9:12pmQuote:
Done.post #26 of 8010/13/10 at 9:15pmpost #27 of 8010/13/10 at 9:18pmQuote:
So only 7 people need to vote and the entire world is covered?post #28 of 8010/13/10 at 9:19pmpost #29 of 8010/13/10 at 9:26pm
But if 10 people were anti-K1000, that would be negative three billion.post #30 of 8010/13/10 at 10:57pmQuote:
AND the k1k info thread, and the tons of other k1k threads We need this thread to be at least 22 pages!
- akg is considering to remake the k1000 but only if it gets enough love on its facebook page
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › The National Headphone Amplifier | ALO Audio 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 7 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dsavitsk/Beezar Torpedo Build Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing new gear headphone or IEM or DAC 10 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)