Actually there would be tooling expense because that is one of the reasons why they were discontinued. The machines used to make them wore out and were breaking down too often (and costing too much to repair) after having been in service for what 15 years?. If they brought them back, they would most likely have to retool from the ground up.
Related Forum Threads
- Asking headfi, should I fix my broken AKG K1000's for $850, or sell them cheap and get... Last post on 8/18/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is there such a thing as product cycles for headphones? Last post on 11/28/10 at 12:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full Sized Headphone that is the Best at Timbre (Most Timbre Accuracy) Last post on 8/23/10 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NOS AKG K1000 for 550$? Is it ok? Last post on 8/16/10 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K1000 and DAC Magic Last post on 9/1/10 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
akg is considering to remake the k1000 but only if it gets enough love on its facebook page - Page 2post #16 of 8010/12/10 at 8:05pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 8010/12/10 at 8:50pmQuote:
I think so, and the HD-800 is one of my favorites.
The impedance of the K-1000 is 120 Ohms, the old standard. But that's not terribly relevant because the K-1000 needs 8W of power (according to the manual) and requires a power amp for speakers. No ordinary headphone amp will drive it.
And as much as I love the K-1000, I ain't signing up for Facebook.post #18 of 8010/12/10 at 9:07pm
I'd say "ordinary" is a dubious qualifier. There are certainly several headphone amps that will drive them, as you know, but you are right in that your average headphone amp won't drive them.post #19 of 8010/12/10 at 9:09pm
I thought few members here having a hard time just to get in touch with someone/anyone in AKG at all. If I buy something from any company, I would expect good after service. I hope my k702 never breaks down. So, I'm not sure to support AKG at all. Just a thought of mine.post #20 of 8010/12/10 at 9:11pm
AKG parts are easy to find, you just have to have the right phone number and person to ask for. The reason it can be difficult for most people is that it goes through the whole Harman conglomerate support system unless you the 2 things I mentioned first.post #21 of 8010/12/10 at 11:49pmpost #22 of 8010/13/10 at 1:07pm
I certainly do not intend to sign up at Facebook, so if AKG is serious they look for feedback elsewhere as well - like here at Head-Fi.
Our prayers for a revival or upgrade may be heard! **Prays**post #23 of 8010/13/10 at 5:25pm
I can't see them walking away from the piles of money people willingly drop on top tier headphones just to be altruistic.
post #24 of 8010/13/10 at 8:03pm
Someone can simply post a link on facebook to this thread to show AKG how much K1000 love there is without having to sign up for facebook. +1 supporter here.post #25 of 8010/13/10 at 9:12pmQuote:
Done.post #26 of 8010/13/10 at 9:15pmpost #27 of 8010/13/10 at 9:18pmQuote:
So only 7 people need to vote and the entire world is covered?post #28 of 8010/13/10 at 9:19pmpost #29 of 8010/13/10 at 9:26pm
But if 10 people were anti-K1000, that would be negative three billion.post #30 of 8010/13/10 at 10:57pmQuote:
AND the k1k info thread, and the tons of other k1k threads We need this thread to be at least 22 pages!
- akg is considering to remake the k1000 but only if it gets enough love on its facebook page
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado Modders Go Ypsilon (Elleven Acoustica drivers and builds thread) 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 2 minutes ago
- › The Sony MDR-SA5000 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 3 minutes ago
- › E-MU Wooden Series Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Official Head-Fi Houston Fourth-of-July Weekend Meet: July 2nd,... 6 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 8 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...