Actually there would be tooling expense because that is one of the reasons why they were discontinued. The machines used to make them wore out and were breaking down too often (and costing too much to repair) after having been in service for what 15 years?. If they brought them back, they would most likely have to retool from the ground up.
Related Forum Threads
- Asking headfi, should I fix my broken AKG K1000's for $850, or sell them cheap and get... Last post on 8/18/11 at 1:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is there such a thing as product cycles for headphones? Last post on 11/28/10 at 12:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full Sized Headphone that is the Best at Timbre (Most Timbre Accuracy) Last post on 8/23/10 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- NOS AKG K1000 for 550$? Is it ok? Last post on 8/16/10 at 3:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K1000 and DAC Magic Last post on 9/1/10 at 9:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
akg is considering to remake the k1000 but only if it gets enough love on its facebook page - Page 2post #16 of 8010/12/10 at 8:05pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 8010/12/10 at 8:50pmQuote:
I think so, and the HD-800 is one of my favorites.
The impedance of the K-1000 is 120 Ohms, the old standard. But that's not terribly relevant because the K-1000 needs 8W of power (according to the manual) and requires a power amp for speakers. No ordinary headphone amp will drive it.
And as much as I love the K-1000, I ain't signing up for Facebook.post #18 of 8010/12/10 at 9:07pm
I'd say "ordinary" is a dubious qualifier. There are certainly several headphone amps that will drive them, as you know, but you are right in that your average headphone amp won't drive them.post #19 of 8010/12/10 at 9:09pm
I thought few members here having a hard time just to get in touch with someone/anyone in AKG at all. If I buy something from any company, I would expect good after service. I hope my k702 never breaks down. So, I'm not sure to support AKG at all. Just a thought of mine.post #20 of 8010/12/10 at 9:11pm
AKG parts are easy to find, you just have to have the right phone number and person to ask for. The reason it can be difficult for most people is that it goes through the whole Harman conglomerate support system unless you the 2 things I mentioned first.post #21 of 8010/12/10 at 11:49pmpost #22 of 8010/13/10 at 1:07pm
I certainly do not intend to sign up at Facebook, so if AKG is serious they look for feedback elsewhere as well - like here at Head-Fi.
Our prayers for a revival or upgrade may be heard! **Prays**post #23 of 8010/13/10 at 5:25pm
I can't see them walking away from the piles of money people willingly drop on top tier headphones just to be altruistic.
post #24 of 8010/13/10 at 8:03pm
Someone can simply post a link on facebook to this thread to show AKG how much K1000 love there is without having to sign up for facebook. +1 supporter here.post #25 of 8010/13/10 at 9:12pmQuote:
Done.post #26 of 8010/13/10 at 9:15pmpost #27 of 8010/13/10 at 9:18pmQuote:
So only 7 people need to vote and the entire world is covered?post #28 of 8010/13/10 at 9:19pmpost #29 of 8010/13/10 at 9:26pm
But if 10 people were anti-K1000, that would be negative three billion.post #30 of 8010/13/10 at 10:57pmQuote:
AND the k1k info thread, and the tons of other k1k threads We need this thread to be at least 22 pages!
- akg is considering to remake the k1000 but only if it gets enough love on its facebook page
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 39 seconds ago
- › SBX Studio Pro any good, should I bother? 55 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 new with full warranty 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › 2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER... 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 5 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear