I've been looking at the brainwavz M2, the Hippo VB, the punch plugs, the fischer eterna, and the senheisser IE6. I'm looking for the the one that produces the best bass/sound quality for listening to electronic and rap. Which one of these is the best for my requirements, or which other suggestions do you have?
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/11
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 5/26/11
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/26/11
- productHippo VBtagged by System, 10/12/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/12/10
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 10/12/10
- productPhiaton PS 210 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with 4 Silicone Sizing Buds and Carry Casetagged by System, 5/26/11
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 10/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best built IEM/ear buds under $150, suited to working out Last post on 9/26/11 at 8:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Narrowed the field. Had Ety ER-6i which finally broke. Using w/ ipod: RE0, Brainwavz M2,... Last post on 5/25/11 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earbud suggestions please! Last post on 4/25/11 at 6:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Neverending Quest for a Gym Headphone for Hip Hop, Any ideas? Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEM's to go with my new Droid Last post on 3/2/11 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i like electronic on my M2's. nice fast bass with just the perfect quantity. the real winner with the M2's is the mid-range. they have amazing sounding mid-range. never heard the rest of your choices.
I just got a set of Fischer Audio Eterna's from a trusted eBay seller after reading a review of them on headfonia. I am using it with my ipod and Fiio e7 on the bass setting 1 (of 3) and it's very punchy and the subs rattle the back of my eyeballs at times. Setting 3 is actually too much bass for me and sounds a bit uncontrolled. But even without the Fiio amp the bass is quite good.
I also listen to electronic music and artists like Tipper and edIT who love using lots of bass sound fantastic. I'd also like to try the Hippos, but according to the review the Eterna's were slightly more recommended and I'm really happy with them. Amazing price/performance ratio.
the REO's are known for having very little bass quantity. i'd take them off the list if you like strong bass.
should be a huge help.
well i'd say get the M2's, but i'm biased as that's all i have heard out of your choices. i bet the only person that has heard all of your choices is that one guy that wrote those 114 reviews. so i think that really is the best way to decide.
Silver Bullet or Panasonic (Technics) HJE900.
Silver Bullet for spacey sound, Panasonic for upfront.
Edit: I noticed you added the ATH CKS70, I demoed it briefly and I didn't find the bass to be high quality, just muddy power.
Edited by kiteki - 10/12/10 at 11:15am
i'd say the M2's are upfront as well. at least in the mid-range. in a good way though i think.
I haven't heard the M2's, I think they're bundled with the S:Flo2 or something right? In that case I might hear them later =p
you should also consider the A-Jays Two, really good bass for hip-hop and electronica, if you like a foot-tapping kind of bass.
If you prefer a clear, immersive bass I'd suggest sony earbuds+bass boost.
If you listen at high volumes and really want a thump or kick in your bass you might want to look at clip-ons or headphones instead.
- Bass IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews 53 seconds ago
- › Need some help with picking new "midrange" portable over-ear... 58 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 59 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Classic (first price drop) 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman poor ear pad design and poor customer service 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Lucas (DSP-PRO) pinouts? 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital