I've been looking at the brainwavz M2, the Hippo VB, the punch plugs, the fischer eterna, and the senheisser IE6. I'm looking for the the one that produces the best bass/sound quality for listening to electronic and rap. Which one of these is the best for my requirements, or which other suggestions do you have?
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/11
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 5/26/11
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/26/11
- productHippo VBtagged by System, 10/12/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/12/10
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 10/12/10
- productPhiaton PS 210 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with 4 Silicone Sizing Buds and Carry Casetagged by System, 5/26/11
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 10/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best built IEM/ear buds under $150, suited to working out Last post on 9/26/11 at 8:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Narrowed the field. Had Ety ER-6i which finally broke. Using w/ ipod: RE0, Brainwavz M2,... Last post on 5/25/11 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earbud suggestions please! Last post on 4/25/11 at 6:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Neverending Quest for a Gym Headphone for Hip Hop, Any ideas? Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEM's to go with my new Droid Last post on 3/2/11 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i like electronic on my M2's. nice fast bass with just the perfect quantity. the real winner with the M2's is the mid-range. they have amazing sounding mid-range. never heard the rest of your choices.
I just got a set of Fischer Audio Eterna's from a trusted eBay seller after reading a review of them on headfonia. I am using it with my ipod and Fiio e7 on the bass setting 1 (of 3) and it's very punchy and the subs rattle the back of my eyeballs at times. Setting 3 is actually too much bass for me and sounds a bit uncontrolled. But even without the Fiio amp the bass is quite good.
I also listen to electronic music and artists like Tipper and edIT who love using lots of bass sound fantastic. I'd also like to try the Hippos, but according to the review the Eterna's were slightly more recommended and I'm really happy with them. Amazing price/performance ratio.
the REO's are known for having very little bass quantity. i'd take them off the list if you like strong bass.
should be a huge help.
well i'd say get the M2's, but i'm biased as that's all i have heard out of your choices. i bet the only person that has heard all of your choices is that one guy that wrote those 114 reviews. so i think that really is the best way to decide.
Silver Bullet or Panasonic (Technics) HJE900.
Silver Bullet for spacey sound, Panasonic for upfront.
Edit: I noticed you added the ATH CKS70, I demoed it briefly and I didn't find the bass to be high quality, just muddy power.
Edited by kiteki - 10/12/10 at 11:15am
i'd say the M2's are upfront as well. at least in the mid-range. in a good way though i think.
I haven't heard the M2's, I think they're bundled with the S:Flo2 or something right? In that case I might hear them later =p
you should also consider the A-Jays Two, really good bass for hip-hop and electronica, if you like a foot-tapping kind of bass.
If you prefer a clear, immersive bass I'd suggest sony earbuds+bass boost.
If you listen at high volumes and really want a thump or kick in your bass you might want to look at clip-ons or headphones instead.
- Bass IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Destiny 17 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 26 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 32 seconds ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 37 seconds ago
- › Soundstage Width and Cross-feed: Some Observations 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › New post window only displays raw HTML 4 minutes ago
- › Absolutely floored by my new amp - RSA Raptor w/ Tube Rolling... 5 minutes ago
- › WTS Alo Audio International new/mint condition. 7 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)