I've been looking at the brainwavz M2, the Hippo VB, the punch plugs, the fischer eterna, and the senheisser IE6. I'm looking for the the one that produces the best bass/sound quality for listening to electronic and rap. Which one of these is the best for my requirements, or which other suggestions do you have?
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/11
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 5/26/11
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/26/11
- productHippo VBtagged by System, 10/12/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/12/10
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 10/12/10
- productPhiaton PS 210 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with 4 Silicone Sizing Buds and Carry Casetagged by System, 5/26/11
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 10/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best built IEM/ear buds under $150, suited to working out Last post on 9/26/11 at 8:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Narrowed the field. Had Ety ER-6i which finally broke. Using w/ ipod: RE0, Brainwavz M2,... Last post on 5/25/11 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earbud suggestions please! Last post on 4/25/11 at 6:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Neverending Quest for a Gym Headphone for Hip Hop, Any ideas? Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEM's to go with my new Droid Last post on 3/2/11 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i like electronic on my M2's. nice fast bass with just the perfect quantity. the real winner with the M2's is the mid-range. they have amazing sounding mid-range. never heard the rest of your choices.
I just got a set of Fischer Audio Eterna's from a trusted eBay seller after reading a review of them on headfonia. I am using it with my ipod and Fiio e7 on the bass setting 1 (of 3) and it's very punchy and the subs rattle the back of my eyeballs at times. Setting 3 is actually too much bass for me and sounds a bit uncontrolled. But even without the Fiio amp the bass is quite good.
I also listen to electronic music and artists like Tipper and edIT who love using lots of bass sound fantastic. I'd also like to try the Hippos, but according to the review the Eterna's were slightly more recommended and I'm really happy with them. Amazing price/performance ratio.
the REO's are known for having very little bass quantity. i'd take them off the list if you like strong bass.
should be a huge help.
well i'd say get the M2's, but i'm biased as that's all i have heard out of your choices. i bet the only person that has heard all of your choices is that one guy that wrote those 114 reviews. so i think that really is the best way to decide.
Silver Bullet or Panasonic (Technics) HJE900.
Silver Bullet for spacey sound, Panasonic for upfront.
Edit: I noticed you added the ATH CKS70, I demoed it briefly and I didn't find the bass to be high quality, just muddy power.
Edited by kiteki - 10/12/10 at 11:15am
i'd say the M2's are upfront as well. at least in the mid-range. in a good way though i think.
I haven't heard the M2's, I think they're bundled with the S:Flo2 or something right? In that case I might hear them later =p
you should also consider the A-Jays Two, really good bass for hip-hop and electronica, if you like a foot-tapping kind of bass.
If you prefer a clear, immersive bass I'd suggest sony earbuds+bass boost.
If you listen at high volumes and really want a thump or kick in your bass you might want to look at clip-ons or headphones instead.
- Bass IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1 preview world tour--also keep an eye out for the local... 1 minute ago
- › Still Upgrade Time for the 940s, $1000 Budget 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 9 minutes ago
- › Etymotic ER4S Red & Blue Version New (See Description) 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)