I've been looking at the brainwavz M2, the Hippo VB, the punch plugs, the fischer eterna, and the senheisser IE6. I'm looking for the the one that produces the best bass/sound quality for listening to electronic and rap. Which one of these is the best for my requirements, or which other suggestions do you have?
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/11
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 5/26/11
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/26/11
- productHippo VBtagged by System, 10/12/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/12/10
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 10/12/10
- productPhiaton PS 210 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with 4 Silicone Sizing Buds and Carry Casetagged by System, 5/26/11
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 10/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best built IEM/ear buds under $150, suited to working out Last post on 9/26/11 at 8:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Narrowed the field. Had Ety ER-6i which finally broke. Using w/ ipod: RE0, Brainwavz M2,... Last post on 5/25/11 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earbud suggestions please! Last post on 4/25/11 at 6:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Neverending Quest for a Gym Headphone for Hip Hop, Any ideas? Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEM's to go with my new Droid Last post on 3/2/11 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i like electronic on my M2's. nice fast bass with just the perfect quantity. the real winner with the M2's is the mid-range. they have amazing sounding mid-range. never heard the rest of your choices.
I just got a set of Fischer Audio Eterna's from a trusted eBay seller after reading a review of them on headfonia. I am using it with my ipod and Fiio e7 on the bass setting 1 (of 3) and it's very punchy and the subs rattle the back of my eyeballs at times. Setting 3 is actually too much bass for me and sounds a bit uncontrolled. But even without the Fiio amp the bass is quite good.
I also listen to electronic music and artists like Tipper and edIT who love using lots of bass sound fantastic. I'd also like to try the Hippos, but according to the review the Eterna's were slightly more recommended and I'm really happy with them. Amazing price/performance ratio.
the REO's are known for having very little bass quantity. i'd take them off the list if you like strong bass.
should be a huge help.
well i'd say get the M2's, but i'm biased as that's all i have heard out of your choices. i bet the only person that has heard all of your choices is that one guy that wrote those 114 reviews. so i think that really is the best way to decide.
Silver Bullet or Panasonic (Technics) HJE900.
Silver Bullet for spacey sound, Panasonic for upfront.
Edit: I noticed you added the ATH CKS70, I demoed it briefly and I didn't find the bass to be high quality, just muddy power.
Edited by kiteki - 10/12/10 at 11:15am
i'd say the M2's are upfront as well. at least in the mid-range. in a good way though i think.
I haven't heard the M2's, I think they're bundled with the S:Flo2 or something right? In that case I might hear them later =p
you should also consider the A-Jays Two, really good bass for hip-hop and electronica, if you like a foot-tapping kind of bass.
If you prefer a clear, immersive bass I'd suggest sony earbuds+bass boost.
If you listen at high volumes and really want a thump or kick in your bass you might want to look at clip-ons or headphones instead.
- Bass IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 42 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Confused on which headphones to choose for a portable device. 5 minutes ago
- › HD 598 or Momentum? 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)