I've been looking at the brainwavz M2, the Hippo VB, the punch plugs, the fischer eterna, and the senheisser IE6. I'm looking for the the one that produces the best bass/sound quality for listening to electronic and rap. Which one of these is the best for my requirements, or which other suggestions do you have?
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 5/26/11
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 5/26/11
- productFischer Audio Silver Bulletstagged by System, 5/26/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/26/11
- productHippo VBtagged by System, 10/12/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/12/10
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 10/12/10
- productPhiaton PS 210 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with 4 Silicone Sizing Buds and Carry Casetagged by System, 5/26/11
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 10/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best built IEM/ear buds under $150, suited to working out Last post on 9/26/11 at 8:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Narrowed the field. Had Ety ER-6i which finally broke. Using w/ ipod: RE0, Brainwavz M2,... Last post on 5/25/11 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earbud suggestions please! Last post on 4/25/11 at 6:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Neverending Quest for a Gym Headphone for Hip Hop, Any ideas? Last post on 4/26/11 at 12:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEM's to go with my new Droid Last post on 3/2/11 at 8:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i like electronic on my M2's. nice fast bass with just the perfect quantity. the real winner with the M2's is the mid-range. they have amazing sounding mid-range. never heard the rest of your choices.
I just got a set of Fischer Audio Eterna's from a trusted eBay seller after reading a review of them on headfonia. I am using it with my ipod and Fiio e7 on the bass setting 1 (of 3) and it's very punchy and the subs rattle the back of my eyeballs at times. Setting 3 is actually too much bass for me and sounds a bit uncontrolled. But even without the Fiio amp the bass is quite good.
I also listen to electronic music and artists like Tipper and edIT who love using lots of bass sound fantastic. I'd also like to try the Hippos, but according to the review the Eterna's were slightly more recommended and I'm really happy with them. Amazing price/performance ratio.
the REO's are known for having very little bass quantity. i'd take them off the list if you like strong bass.
should be a huge help.
well i'd say get the M2's, but i'm biased as that's all i have heard out of your choices. i bet the only person that has heard all of your choices is that one guy that wrote those 114 reviews. so i think that really is the best way to decide.
Silver Bullet or Panasonic (Technics) HJE900.
Silver Bullet for spacey sound, Panasonic for upfront.
Edit: I noticed you added the ATH CKS70, I demoed it briefly and I didn't find the bass to be high quality, just muddy power.
Edited by kiteki - 10/12/10 at 11:15am
i'd say the M2's are upfront as well. at least in the mid-range. in a good way though i think.
I haven't heard the M2's, I think they're bundled with the S:Flo2 or something right? In that case I might hear them later =p
you should also consider the A-Jays Two, really good bass for hip-hop and electronica, if you like a foot-tapping kind of bass.
If you prefer a clear, immersive bass I'd suggest sony earbuds+bass boost.
If you listen at high volumes and really want a thump or kick in your bass you might want to look at clip-ons or headphones instead.
- Bass IEM
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best HiFi iPhone Earbuds - Audiophile 5 seconds ago
- › Having issue with DAC+Amp - Asus STU 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HD800 vs HE1000/MHP1000 impressions. Suprises all around! 4 minutes ago
- › NOBLE Savant Appreciation Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 4 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)