Hi, I just bought a pair of Shure SE535'S to use onstage as IEM. I'm a bass guitarist so in my mix I will hear drums, more prominent bass in the mix, guitar, keys and vocals. I got the 535's thinking they were the best and top of the line but now I read online in some places the SE425 is better for musician's IEM. Are the 425's REALLY better in that respect?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Phonak PFE-232 vs Shure SE535 Last post on 12/11/13 at 11:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sensaphonics package deal on custom sleeved SE425 and SE535 Last post on 9/21/10 at 7:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for in ear headphones, rock music, shure 425/535? Last post on 5/21/14 at 10:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 4/13/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Shure SE535 or SE425 for musician?post #1 of 710/10/10 at 10:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/10/10 at 10:34pm
No. Even though I haven't heard the 425, the difference is the bass response and on stage the bottom is what gets lost in the ambient noise. The 535s should be much better in that environment and show more res at the higher volumes you may need. Looking at the graph, the 425 may be a bit more prominent in the presence range where the guitar harmonics are but the 535 looks fundamentally better and you still need to hear the mix.post #3 of 710/11/10 at 3:01ampost #4 of 710/11/10 at 4:15pmThread Starterpost #5 of 710/11/10 at 4:17pmpost #6 of 710/11/10 at 4:52pm
Has anyone actually listened to both the 425s and 535s? I have some IE8's I am comparing against the SE425's, I love the fit/cable and most of the sound from the 425's. But I do love the deeper boomier bass from the IE8s (with the knob all the way up), but I can't stand the fit/feel/cable on the IE8's.. and I'm wondering if the $200 price increase to 535's will make a noticeable/justifiable increase in the bass or not.post #7 of 710/12/10 at 2:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by halcy
Has anyone actually listened to both the 425s and 535s? I have some IE8's I am comparing against the SE425's, I love the fit/cable and most of the sound from the 425's. But I do love the deeper boomier bass from the IE8s (with the knob all the way up), but I can't stand the fit/feel/cable on the IE8's.. and I'm wondering if the $200 price increase to 535's will make a noticeable/justifiable increase in the bass or not.
I haven't listened to the 425s but I own the 535s and I had the IE8s for over a year. The bass on the two are different. The IE8 has very large bass quantity that can sometimes dominate the sound. The 535s bass goes deep, but its not as heavy in quantity. That's not to say the bass isn't there in the SE535, it really is, it just only shows when the music calls for it. Saying that the 535 does have a nice full sound so to me, it never feels like it is overly light.
That said don't by the SE535 expecting bass monsters, instead what you'll get is IMO a balanced iem with bass that goes deep when it needs to.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 or SE425 for musician?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › OK use of RCA Y adapters? just now
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity -... 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › Welcome & Introduction for DC/VA/MD Head-Fiers 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology. 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2