Hi, I just bought a pair of Shure SE535'S to use onstage as IEM. I'm a bass guitarist so in my mix I will hear drums, more prominent bass in the mix, guitar, keys and vocals. I got the 535's thinking they were the best and top of the line but now I read online in some places the SE425 is better for musician's IEM. Are the 425's REALLY better in that respect?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Phonak PFE-232 vs Shure SE535 Last post on 12/11/13 at 11:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sensaphonics package deal on custom sleeved SE425 and SE535 Last post on 9/21/10 at 7:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for in ear headphones, rock music, shure 425/535? Last post on 5/21/14 at 10:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
Shure SE535 or SE425 for musician?post #1 of 710/10/10 at 10:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/10/10 at 10:34pm
No. Even though I haven't heard the 425, the difference is the bass response and on stage the bottom is what gets lost in the ambient noise. The 535s should be much better in that environment and show more res at the higher volumes you may need. Looking at the graph, the 425 may be a bit more prominent in the presence range where the guitar harmonics are but the 535 looks fundamentally better and you still need to hear the mix.post #3 of 710/11/10 at 3:01ampost #4 of 710/11/10 at 4:15pmThread Starterpost #5 of 710/11/10 at 4:17pmpost #6 of 710/11/10 at 4:52pm
Has anyone actually listened to both the 425s and 535s? I have some IE8's I am comparing against the SE425's, I love the fit/cable and most of the sound from the 425's. But I do love the deeper boomier bass from the IE8s (with the knob all the way up), but I can't stand the fit/feel/cable on the IE8's.. and I'm wondering if the $200 price increase to 535's will make a noticeable/justifiable increase in the bass or not.post #7 of 710/12/10 at 2:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by halcy
Has anyone actually listened to both the 425s and 535s? I have some IE8's I am comparing against the SE425's, I love the fit/cable and most of the sound from the 425's. But I do love the deeper boomier bass from the IE8s (with the knob all the way up), but I can't stand the fit/feel/cable on the IE8's.. and I'm wondering if the $200 price increase to 535's will make a noticeable/justifiable increase in the bass or not.
I haven't listened to the 425s but I own the 535s and I had the IE8s for over a year. The bass on the two are different. The IE8 has very large bass quantity that can sometimes dominate the sound. The 535s bass goes deep, but its not as heavy in quantity. That's not to say the bass isn't there in the SE535, it really is, it just only shows when the music calls for it. Saying that the 535 does have a nice full sound so to me, it never feels like it is overly light.
That said don't by the SE535 expecting bass monsters, instead what you'll get is IMO a balanced iem with bass that goes deep when it needs to.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 or SE425 for musician?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › FS: Schitt Mjolnir 230v located in Aus 20 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 38 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 54 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Please help choosing between 3 amps+dac for my DT 990 pro 250 ohm 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)