Hi, I just bought a pair of Shure SE535'S to use onstage as IEM. I'm a bass guitarist so in my mix I will hear drums, more prominent bass in the mix, guitar, keys and vocals. I got the 535's thinking they were the best and top of the line but now I read online in some places the SE425 is better for musician's IEM. Are the 425's REALLY better in that respect?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Phonak PFE-232 vs Shure SE535 Last post on 12/11/13 at 11:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sensaphonics package deal on custom sleeved SE425 and SE535 Last post on 9/21/10 at 7:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for in ear headphones, rock music, shure 425/535? Last post on 5/21/14 at 10:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
Shure SE535 or SE425 for musician?post #1 of 710/10/10 at 10:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/10/10 at 10:34pm
No. Even though I haven't heard the 425, the difference is the bass response and on stage the bottom is what gets lost in the ambient noise. The 535s should be much better in that environment and show more res at the higher volumes you may need. Looking at the graph, the 425 may be a bit more prominent in the presence range where the guitar harmonics are but the 535 looks fundamentally better and you still need to hear the mix.post #3 of 710/11/10 at 3:01ampost #4 of 710/11/10 at 4:15pmThread Starterpost #5 of 710/11/10 at 4:17pmpost #6 of 710/11/10 at 4:52pm
Has anyone actually listened to both the 425s and 535s? I have some IE8's I am comparing against the SE425's, I love the fit/cable and most of the sound from the 425's. But I do love the deeper boomier bass from the IE8s (with the knob all the way up), but I can't stand the fit/feel/cable on the IE8's.. and I'm wondering if the $200 price increase to 535's will make a noticeable/justifiable increase in the bass or not.post #7 of 710/12/10 at 2:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by halcy
Has anyone actually listened to both the 425s and 535s? I have some IE8's I am comparing against the SE425's, I love the fit/cable and most of the sound from the 425's. But I do love the deeper boomier bass from the IE8s (with the knob all the way up), but I can't stand the fit/feel/cable on the IE8's.. and I'm wondering if the $200 price increase to 535's will make a noticeable/justifiable increase in the bass or not.
I haven't listened to the 425s but I own the 535s and I had the IE8s for over a year. The bass on the two are different. The IE8 has very large bass quantity that can sometimes dominate the sound. The 535s bass goes deep, but its not as heavy in quantity. That's not to say the bass isn't there in the SE535, it really is, it just only shows when the music calls for it. Saying that the 535 does have a nice full sound so to me, it never feels like it is overly light.
That said don't by the SE535 expecting bass monsters, instead what you'll get is IMO a balanced iem with bass that goes deep when it needs to.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 or SE425 for musician?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 46 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › K5, FiiO's new docking desktop amp. How do you like it? Update... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 6 minutes ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...