Hi, I just bought a pair of Shure SE535'S to use onstage as IEM. I'm a bass guitarist so in my mix I will hear drums, more prominent bass in the mix, guitar, keys and vocals. I got the 535's thinking they were the best and top of the line but now I read online in some places the SE425 is better for musician's IEM. Are the 425's REALLY better in that respect?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Phonak PFE-232 vs Shure SE535 Last post on 12/11/13 at 11:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sensaphonics package deal on custom sleeved SE425 and SE535 Last post on 9/21/10 at 7:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for in ear headphones, rock music, shure 425/535? Last post on 5/21/14 at 10:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 4/13/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
Shure SE535 or SE425 for musician?post #1 of 710/10/10 at 10:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/10/10 at 10:34pm
No. Even though I haven't heard the 425, the difference is the bass response and on stage the bottom is what gets lost in the ambient noise. The 535s should be much better in that environment and show more res at the higher volumes you may need. Looking at the graph, the 425 may be a bit more prominent in the presence range where the guitar harmonics are but the 535 looks fundamentally better and you still need to hear the mix.post #3 of 710/11/10 at 3:01ampost #4 of 710/11/10 at 4:15pmThread Starterpost #5 of 710/11/10 at 4:17pmpost #6 of 710/11/10 at 4:52pm
Has anyone actually listened to both the 425s and 535s? I have some IE8's I am comparing against the SE425's, I love the fit/cable and most of the sound from the 425's. But I do love the deeper boomier bass from the IE8s (with the knob all the way up), but I can't stand the fit/feel/cable on the IE8's.. and I'm wondering if the $200 price increase to 535's will make a noticeable/justifiable increase in the bass or not.post #7 of 710/12/10 at 2:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by halcy
Has anyone actually listened to both the 425s and 535s? I have some IE8's I am comparing against the SE425's, I love the fit/cable and most of the sound from the 425's. But I do love the deeper boomier bass from the IE8s (with the knob all the way up), but I can't stand the fit/feel/cable on the IE8's.. and I'm wondering if the $200 price increase to 535's will make a noticeable/justifiable increase in the bass or not.
I haven't listened to the 425s but I own the 535s and I had the IE8s for over a year. The bass on the two are different. The IE8 has very large bass quantity that can sometimes dominate the sound. The 535s bass goes deep, but its not as heavy in quantity. That's not to say the bass isn't there in the SE535, it really is, it just only shows when the music calls for it. Saying that the 535 does have a nice full sound so to me, it never feels like it is overly light.
That said don't by the SE535 expecting bass monsters, instead what you'll get is IMO a balanced iem with bass that goes deep when it needs to.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 or SE425 for musician?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 29 seconds ago
- › Best MUSIC SERVER: WEISS 301, Aurender, LUMIN.... ? HELP ! 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › $50 headphones 1 minute ago
- › When can we have next Calgary Canada Head-fi meet 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 2 minutes ago
- › fiio e12 excellent condition free ship and paypal 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2