Hi, I just bought a pair of Shure SE535'S to use onstage as IEM. I'm a bass guitarist so in my mix I will hear drums, more prominent bass in the mix, guitar, keys and vocals. I got the 535's thinking they were the best and top of the line but now I read online in some places the SE425 is better for musician's IEM. Are the 425's REALLY better in that respect?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for good quality sweet sounding IEMs Last post on 6/11/12 at 12:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Phonak PFE-232 vs Shure SE535 Last post on 12/11/13 at 11:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sensaphonics package deal on custom sleeved SE425 and SE535 Last post on 9/21/10 at 7:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for in ear headphones, rock music, shure 425/535? Last post on 5/21/14 at 10:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
Shure SE535 or SE425 for musician?post #1 of 710/10/10 at 10:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 710/10/10 at 10:34pm
No. Even though I haven't heard the 425, the difference is the bass response and on stage the bottom is what gets lost in the ambient noise. The 535s should be much better in that environment and show more res at the higher volumes you may need. Looking at the graph, the 425 may be a bit more prominent in the presence range where the guitar harmonics are but the 535 looks fundamentally better and you still need to hear the mix.post #3 of 710/11/10 at 3:01ampost #4 of 710/11/10 at 4:15pmThread Starterpost #5 of 710/11/10 at 4:17pmpost #6 of 710/11/10 at 4:52pm
Has anyone actually listened to both the 425s and 535s? I have some IE8's I am comparing against the SE425's, I love the fit/cable and most of the sound from the 425's. But I do love the deeper boomier bass from the IE8s (with the knob all the way up), but I can't stand the fit/feel/cable on the IE8's.. and I'm wondering if the $200 price increase to 535's will make a noticeable/justifiable increase in the bass or not.post #7 of 710/12/10 at 2:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by halcy
Has anyone actually listened to both the 425s and 535s? I have some IE8's I am comparing against the SE425's, I love the fit/cable and most of the sound from the 425's. But I do love the deeper boomier bass from the IE8s (with the knob all the way up), but I can't stand the fit/feel/cable on the IE8's.. and I'm wondering if the $200 price increase to 535's will make a noticeable/justifiable increase in the bass or not.
I haven't listened to the 425s but I own the 535s and I had the IE8s for over a year. The bass on the two are different. The IE8 has very large bass quantity that can sometimes dominate the sound. The 535s bass goes deep, but its not as heavy in quantity. That's not to say the bass isn't there in the SE535, it really is, it just only shows when the music calls for it. Saying that the 535 does have a nice full sound so to me, it never feels like it is overly light.
That said don't by the SE535 expecting bass monsters, instead what you'll get is IMO a balanced iem with bass that goes deep when it needs to.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535 or SE425 for musician?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 15 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 50 seconds ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Upgrading my speakers 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner 4 minutes ago
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)