Well, I just bought me one of these... So now I'm even more interested in this thread and opamp rolling, especially when my Cube arrives!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- amp for hd 650 Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HT Claro Halo or DAC/AMP (Matrix M-Stage USB, DacMagic, etc.) combo? (Budget ~$300-350) CONTENT... Last post on 11/26/12 at 6:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ok new to the forum ! Totally noob audiophile :) Last post on 10/13/12 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AHD2000 vs 5000 + Amp Recommendations? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Headphone Impedance
REVIEW: Matrix Cube DAC - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depends on the opamp and if its a single or dual chip. Single chips need the adaptor and a pair of the chip (one per channel). Some adaptors require soldering while others are plug and play. Which one you get depends on the version of the opamp you buy. Duals do not need anything and are a straight swap.
For example, the popular OPA627 and AD979 are singles so you'll need a set of them.
Ok, I know nothing about electronics and opamps, but the fact that opamp rolling gives the possibility to change the sound it produces, I very interesting. I might give this opamp rolling business a try, if it isn't too complicated to perform...
For those of you who rolled opamps on your Cube, can you tell which ones are your favourites and why (what do they change in the sound)? Oh, and if they're a straight swap or if they need adapter...
My Matrix Cube finally arrived, and I'm enjoying it!
Can anyone who has a Cube with socketed opamps tell if mine, with serial number 201105008, is supposed to have those as well (based on yours SN)? I don't want to open it up just yet, as mine has a warranty seal on one side, but I'm a bit curious and it would be nice to know...
Yes, I know that, but if somehow I could know if my Cube allows opamp rolling without breaking the seal, based on it's serial number, it'd be great, don't you think?
At least, this would prevent me from voiding it's warranty for no reason, if mine doesn't allow opamp rolling...
I bought mine over a year ago and it allows for opamp rolling so I'm sure yours does as well.
I really wouldn't worry about them voiding your warranty because of a broken seal, especially from matrix/tam audio.
Thanks for your answer, clams! BTW, what's your opinion about the following:
I am also interested. Can anyone share their experience with this?
I had a Cube a few months ago. I suggest starting with OPA627, LM4562NA, and AD797. A quick search will inform you whether you need an adapter - if the opamp is single you will need a dual adapter.
Thanks, Rictee. Ordered a LM4562NA and an OPA2227PA.
Edit: And a LME49722MA!
Edited by Kurios - 11/6/12 at 1:13pm
Now you got me curious about trying the OPA2227 in my Cube too! Where did you get your opamp from?
Thanks. The problem is that Digikey charges me 18 EURO of shipping for a 4 EURO opamp! I can find them on eBay from sellers in China, but I'm not sure if they're original or fake...
- REVIEW: Matrix Cube DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I'm currently looking for new In ear buds... 8 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 49 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › Amarra 3.0 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 3 minutes ago
- › 50's SMS audio: street by 50 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › IMPROVING THE COMFORT OF THE DT1350 WITH TWO NEW EARPADS FROM... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)