Well, I just bought me one of these... So now I'm even more interested in this thread and opamp rolling, especially when my Cube arrives!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- amp for hd 650 Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HT Claro Halo or DAC/AMP (Matrix M-Stage USB, DacMagic, etc.) combo? (Budget ~$300-350) CONTENT... Last post on 11/26/12 at 6:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ok new to the forum ! Totally noob audiophile :) Last post on 10/13/12 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AHD2000 vs 5000 + Amp Recommendations? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
- Headphone Impedance
REVIEW: Matrix Cube DAC - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depends on the opamp and if its a single or dual chip. Single chips need the adaptor and a pair of the chip (one per channel). Some adaptors require soldering while others are plug and play. Which one you get depends on the version of the opamp you buy. Duals do not need anything and are a straight swap.
For example, the popular OPA627 and AD979 are singles so you'll need a set of them.
Ok, I know nothing about electronics and opamps, but the fact that opamp rolling gives the possibility to change the sound it produces, I very interesting. I might give this opamp rolling business a try, if it isn't too complicated to perform...
For those of you who rolled opamps on your Cube, can you tell which ones are your favourites and why (what do they change in the sound)? Oh, and if they're a straight swap or if they need adapter...
My Matrix Cube finally arrived, and I'm enjoying it!
Can anyone who has a Cube with socketed opamps tell if mine, with serial number 201105008, is supposed to have those as well (based on yours SN)? I don't want to open it up just yet, as mine has a warranty seal on one side, but I'm a bit curious and it would be nice to know...
Yes, I know that, but if somehow I could know if my Cube allows opamp rolling without breaking the seal, based on it's serial number, it'd be great, don't you think?
At least, this would prevent me from voiding it's warranty for no reason, if mine doesn't allow opamp rolling...
I bought mine over a year ago and it allows for opamp rolling so I'm sure yours does as well.
I really wouldn't worry about them voiding your warranty because of a broken seal, especially from matrix/tam audio.
Thanks for your answer, clams! BTW, what's your opinion about the following:
I am also interested. Can anyone share their experience with this?
I had a Cube a few months ago. I suggest starting with OPA627, LM4562NA, and AD797. A quick search will inform you whether you need an adapter - if the opamp is single you will need a dual adapter.
Thanks, Rictee. Ordered a LM4562NA and an OPA2227PA.
Edit: And a LME49722MA!
Edited by Kurios - 11/6/12 at 1:13pm
Now you got me curious about trying the OPA2227 in my Cube too! Where did you get your opamp from?
Thanks. The problem is that Digikey charges me 18 EURO of shipping for a 4 EURO opamp! I can find them on eBay from sellers in China, but I'm not sure if they're original or fake...
- REVIEW: Matrix Cube DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking for some help! Can't figure it out myself. 28 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › California Headphones Silverado impressions 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 5 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 5 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 8 minutes ago
- › I need help tracking down the hum in my set up 8 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)