Well, I just bought me one of these... So now I'm even more interested in this thread and opamp rolling, especially when my Cube arrives!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- amp for hd 650 Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HT Claro Halo or DAC/AMP (Matrix M-Stage USB, DacMagic, etc.) combo? (Budget ~$300-350) CONTENT... Last post on 11/26/12 at 6:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ok new to the forum ! Totally noob audiophile :) Last post on 10/13/12 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AHD2000 vs 5000 + Amp Recommendations? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again, small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
- Headphone Impedance
REVIEW: Matrix Cube DAC - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depends on the opamp and if its a single or dual chip. Single chips need the adaptor and a pair of the chip (one per channel). Some adaptors require soldering while others are plug and play. Which one you get depends on the version of the opamp you buy. Duals do not need anything and are a straight swap.
For example, the popular OPA627 and AD979 are singles so you'll need a set of them.
Ok, I know nothing about electronics and opamps, but the fact that opamp rolling gives the possibility to change the sound it produces, I very interesting. I might give this opamp rolling business a try, if it isn't too complicated to perform...
For those of you who rolled opamps on your Cube, can you tell which ones are your favourites and why (what do they change in the sound)? Oh, and if they're a straight swap or if they need adapter...
My Matrix Cube finally arrived, and I'm enjoying it!
Can anyone who has a Cube with socketed opamps tell if mine, with serial number 201105008, is supposed to have those as well (based on yours SN)? I don't want to open it up just yet, as mine has a warranty seal on one side, but I'm a bit curious and it would be nice to know...
Yes, I know that, but if somehow I could know if my Cube allows opamp rolling without breaking the seal, based on it's serial number, it'd be great, don't you think?
At least, this would prevent me from voiding it's warranty for no reason, if mine doesn't allow opamp rolling...
I bought mine over a year ago and it allows for opamp rolling so I'm sure yours does as well.
I really wouldn't worry about them voiding your warranty because of a broken seal, especially from matrix/tam audio.
Thanks for your answer, clams! BTW, what's your opinion about the following:
I am also interested. Can anyone share their experience with this?
I had a Cube a few months ago. I suggest starting with OPA627, LM4562NA, and AD797. A quick search will inform you whether you need an adapter - if the opamp is single you will need a dual adapter.
Thanks, Rictee. Ordered a LM4562NA and an OPA2227PA.
Edit: And a LME49722MA!
Edited by Kurios - 11/6/12 at 1:13pm
Now you got me curious about trying the OPA2227 in my Cube too! Where did you get your opamp from?
Thanks. The problem is that Digikey charges me 18 EURO of shipping for a 4 EURO opamp! I can find them on eBay from sellers in China, but I'm not sure if they're original or fake...
- REVIEW: Matrix Cube DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser 6.3mm to 3.5mm jack adapter 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 2 minutes ago
- › Which Headset Should I Get: DXL1 or Fatal1ty 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 5 minutes ago
- › Adelaide meet 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › NHT will introduce superbuds 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)