Well, I just bought me one of these... So now I'm even more interested in this thread and opamp rolling, especially when my Cube arrives!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- amp for hd 650 Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HT Claro Halo or DAC/AMP (Matrix M-Stage USB, DacMagic, etc.) combo? (Budget ~$300-350) CONTENT... Last post on 11/26/12 at 6:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Ok new to the forum ! Totally noob audiophile :) Last post on 10/13/12 at 12:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AHD2000 vs 5000 + Amp Recommendations? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Amps for HD600, DT880(250), SR325iS, K550 Last post on 8/27/12 at 10:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
- Headphone Impedance
REVIEW: Matrix Cube DAC - Page 9
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depends on the opamp and if its a single or dual chip. Single chips need the adaptor and a pair of the chip (one per channel). Some adaptors require soldering while others are plug and play. Which one you get depends on the version of the opamp you buy. Duals do not need anything and are a straight swap.
For example, the popular OPA627 and AD979 are singles so you'll need a set of them.
Ok, I know nothing about electronics and opamps, but the fact that opamp rolling gives the possibility to change the sound it produces, I very interesting. I might give this opamp rolling business a try, if it isn't too complicated to perform...
For those of you who rolled opamps on your Cube, can you tell which ones are your favourites and why (what do they change in the sound)? Oh, and if they're a straight swap or if they need adapter...
My Matrix Cube finally arrived, and I'm enjoying it!
Can anyone who has a Cube with socketed opamps tell if mine, with serial number 201105008, is supposed to have those as well (based on yours SN)? I don't want to open it up just yet, as mine has a warranty seal on one side, but I'm a bit curious and it would be nice to know...
Yes, I know that, but if somehow I could know if my Cube allows opamp rolling without breaking the seal, based on it's serial number, it'd be great, don't you think?
At least, this would prevent me from voiding it's warranty for no reason, if mine doesn't allow opamp rolling...
I bought mine over a year ago and it allows for opamp rolling so I'm sure yours does as well.
I really wouldn't worry about them voiding your warranty because of a broken seal, especially from matrix/tam audio.
Thanks for your answer, clams! BTW, what's your opinion about the following:
I am also interested. Can anyone share their experience with this?
I had a Cube a few months ago. I suggest starting with OPA627, LM4562NA, and AD797. A quick search will inform you whether you need an adapter - if the opamp is single you will need a dual adapter.
Thanks, Rictee. Ordered a LM4562NA and an OPA2227PA.
Edit: And a LME49722MA!
Edited by Kurios - 11/6/12 at 1:13pm
Now you got me curious about trying the OPA2227 in my Cube too! Where did you get your opamp from?
Thanks. The problem is that Digikey charges me 18 EURO of shipping for a 4 EURO opamp! I can find them on eBay from sellers in China, but I'm not sure if they're original or fake...
- REVIEW: Matrix Cube DAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 1 minute ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)