two year late thank you, now that's some appreciation.
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by System, 10/11/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/11/10
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 MKII vs. BD DT770 Pro 80ohms Last post on 7/5/11 at 2:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Headphones for Guitar Practice Last post on 5/13/12 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Dubstep Heaphones for $200? Last post on 8/6/12 at 11:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for Closed Headphoness Last post on 6/18/12 at 10:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
Introduction: I love music and I love good quality sound and this is my hobby. I prefer to find the best portable setups available as I do not like to be stationary. I do not want to be...
INTRO:- When Brainwavz decides to Launch earphones they don’t release one at a time, they like to launch 2-5 earphones in a short period of time. First the M100, first of its kind or say...
Starter Headphones: K240 vs Q40 vs DT 770 vs HD 25-1 II - Page 2post #16 of 182/26/12 at 1:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 184/19/12 at 5:13pmpost #18 of 184/19/12 at 5:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by bendodge
I got the K240 Studio and I love them! I've listened for hundreds of hours to different music and devices, and I discovered a few things:
-My PC's sound card (Realtek HD something or other) is actually pretty good. The K77's were lying.
-The MyTouch 3G had a terrible sound card. The K77's were lying again.
-The FiiO E5 sounds like mud.
-The K240s sounded awesome at the start, and now they sound normal. All the other students just happened to get a bad pair of whatever. :P
-Owl City's music is actually very, very complex. You just can't hear half the tracks on most consumer cans.
-Some of my favorite classical recordings keep making this page-turning sound right behind my head. It can be a bit eerie sometimes.
-I even enjoy wearing the K240s without playing anything through them, as a sort of ear-warmer/ear-hug thing. Is that weird? I just sort of automatically put them on at my desk.
-Semi-open is actually very nice. It takes the edge off the background noise, but I can still hear the phone ring.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to say "thank you."
Cool, IMO they were the best choice for your purposes.
(I also would have recommended at least a listen to the HD25 1 II)
The DT770's and M Audio Q40's both have too much bass for my taste.
- Starter Headphones: K240 vs Q40 vs DT 770 vs HD 25-1 II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 19 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 24 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 28 seconds ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 50 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Best *Bass* headphone for working out 2 minutes ago
- › New Jecklin Float QA !!! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear