two year late thank you, now that's some appreciation.
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by System, 10/11/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/11/10
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 MKII vs. BD DT770 Pro 80ohms Last post on 7/5/11 at 2:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Headphones for Guitar Practice Last post on 5/13/12 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Dubstep Heaphones for $200? Last post on 8/6/12 at 11:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for Closed Headphoness Last post on 6/18/12 at 10:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Starter Headphones: K240 vs Q40 vs DT 770 vs HD 25-1 II - Page 2post #16 of 182/26/12 at 1:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 184/19/12 at 5:13pmpost #18 of 184/19/12 at 5:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by bendodge
I got the K240 Studio and I love them! I've listened for hundreds of hours to different music and devices, and I discovered a few things:
-My PC's sound card (Realtek HD something or other) is actually pretty good. The K77's were lying.
-The MyTouch 3G had a terrible sound card. The K77's were lying again.
-The FiiO E5 sounds like mud.
-The K240s sounded awesome at the start, and now they sound normal. All the other students just happened to get a bad pair of whatever. :P
-Owl City's music is actually very, very complex. You just can't hear half the tracks on most consumer cans.
-Some of my favorite classical recordings keep making this page-turning sound right behind my head. It can be a bit eerie sometimes.
-I even enjoy wearing the K240s without playing anything through them, as a sort of ear-warmer/ear-hug thing. Is that weird? I just sort of automatically put them on at my desk.
-Semi-open is actually very nice. It takes the edge off the background noise, but I can still hear the phone ring.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to say "thank you."
Cool, IMO they were the best choice for your purposes.
(I also would have recommended at least a listen to the HD25 1 II)
The DT770's and M Audio Q40's both have too much bass for my taste.
- Starter Headphones: K240 vs Q40 vs DT 770 vs HD 25-1 II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 6 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO Factory Tour 2016 9 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...