two year late thank you, now that's some appreciation.
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by System, 10/11/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/11/10
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 MKII vs. BD DT770 Pro 80ohms Last post on 7/5/11 at 2:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Headphones for Guitar Practice Last post on 5/13/12 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Dubstep Heaphones for $200? Last post on 8/6/12 at 11:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for Closed Headphoness Last post on 6/18/12 at 10:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi everyone, Before I start the review, I would like to thank Campfire Audio for making this awesome IEM, and also to d marc0 for inviting me in the tour. INTRODUCTION I'm an Indonesian...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION This is going to be a long review – I'll get that out up front. My time with the U6 has been a...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Just on sound quality, meh. It's very quiet, and detailed, but on my main headphones, AKG K712, the mid-treble balance is just too bright. The bass is nice and deep and honest, and midrange is OK,...
Review under construction.
Starter Headphones: K240 vs Q40 vs DT 770 vs HD 25-1 II - Page 2post #16 of 182/26/12 at 1:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 184/19/12 at 5:13pmpost #18 of 184/19/12 at 5:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by bendodge
I got the K240 Studio and I love them! I've listened for hundreds of hours to different music and devices, and I discovered a few things:
-My PC's sound card (Realtek HD something or other) is actually pretty good. The K77's were lying.
-The MyTouch 3G had a terrible sound card. The K77's were lying again.
-The FiiO E5 sounds like mud.
-The K240s sounded awesome at the start, and now they sound normal. All the other students just happened to get a bad pair of whatever. :P
-Owl City's music is actually very, very complex. You just can't hear half the tracks on most consumer cans.
-Some of my favorite classical recordings keep making this page-turning sound right behind my head. It can be a bit eerie sometimes.
-I even enjoy wearing the K240s without playing anything through them, as a sort of ear-warmer/ear-hug thing. Is that weird? I just sort of automatically put them on at my desk.
-Semi-open is actually very nice. It takes the edge off the background noise, but I can still hear the phone ring.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to say "thank you."
Cool, IMO they were the best choice for your purposes.
(I also would have recommended at least a listen to the HD25 1 II)
The DT770's and M Audio Q40's both have too much bass for my taste.
- Starter Headphones: K240 vs Q40 vs DT 770 vs HD 25-1 II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 42 seconds ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HE60 +HEV70 (Read the description!) 3 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 9 minutes ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse