two year late thank you, now that's some appreciation.
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by System, 10/11/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/11/10
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 MKII vs. BD DT770 Pro 80ohms Last post on 7/5/11 at 2:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Headphones for Guitar Practice Last post on 5/13/12 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Dubstep Heaphones for $200? Last post on 8/6/12 at 11:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for Closed Headphoness Last post on 6/18/12 at 10:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
Starter Headphones: K240 vs Q40 vs DT 770 vs HD 25-1 II - Page 2post #16 of 182/26/12 at 1:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 184/19/12 at 5:13pmpost #18 of 184/19/12 at 5:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by bendodge
I got the K240 Studio and I love them! I've listened for hundreds of hours to different music and devices, and I discovered a few things:
-My PC's sound card (Realtek HD something or other) is actually pretty good. The K77's were lying.
-The MyTouch 3G had a terrible sound card. The K77's were lying again.
-The FiiO E5 sounds like mud.
-The K240s sounded awesome at the start, and now they sound normal. All the other students just happened to get a bad pair of whatever. :P
-Owl City's music is actually very, very complex. You just can't hear half the tracks on most consumer cans.
-Some of my favorite classical recordings keep making this page-turning sound right behind my head. It can be a bit eerie sometimes.
-I even enjoy wearing the K240s without playing anything through them, as a sort of ear-warmer/ear-hug thing. Is that weird? I just sort of automatically put them on at my desk.
-Semi-open is actually very nice. It takes the edge off the background noise, but I can still hear the phone ring.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to say "thank you."
Cool, IMO they were the best choice for your purposes.
(I also would have recommended at least a listen to the HD25 1 II)
The DT770's and M Audio Q40's both have too much bass for my taste.
- Starter Headphones: K240 vs Q40 vs DT 770 vs HD 25-1 II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+ 26 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 42 seconds ago
- › 【BLUE~Magic】=91-9958802839 bLaCK mAGIc sPeCIAlIsT bABA ji Sydney 45 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › 【BLUE~Magic】=91-9958802839 bLaCK mAGIc sPeCIAlIsT bABA ji England 2 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › 【RED~Magic】=91-9958802839 bLaCK mAGIc sPeCIAlIsT bABA ji NOida 4 minutes ago
- › Gearbest Headphone Coupon Deal Flash-Sale Released 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear