two year late thank you, now that's some appreciation.
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productAKG K240 'Sextett'tagged by System, 10/11/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 10/11/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/11/10
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K240 MKII vs. BD DT770 Pro 80ohms Last post on 7/5/11 at 2:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend Headphones for Guitar Practice Last post on 5/13/12 at 9:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Dubstep Heaphones for $200? Last post on 8/6/12 at 11:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for Closed Headphoness Last post on 6/18/12 at 10:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Being a proud yet protective grandpa I was very interested when Brainwavz offered to let me review a pair of sound level attenuated headphones for kids. I would love to pass on my...
To start this off, i did not pay for my pair of 315. If i had payed for them the disappointment would be vast. I have a pair of SE215 and while they are not my favourite iem, they have their...
Disclaimer Firstly I just wanted to thank Simon and Adam at Pro-Ject for the review sample of the Head Box S USB. I am not affiliated with Pro-Ject in any way, all impressions are written as...
First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it. After...
First off, let me say now that I am not an audiophile. I am a fan of audiophiles though and I learn a lot from you guys. I'm more of a budget-audio-enthusiast and I'd like to keep it that way. Some...
Starter Headphones: K240 vs Q40 vs DT 770 vs HD 25-1 II - Page 2post #16 of 182/26/12 at 1:02am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 184/19/12 at 5:13pmpost #18 of 184/19/12 at 5:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by bendodge
I got the K240 Studio and I love them! I've listened for hundreds of hours to different music and devices, and I discovered a few things:
-My PC's sound card (Realtek HD something or other) is actually pretty good. The K77's were lying.
-The MyTouch 3G had a terrible sound card. The K77's were lying again.
-The FiiO E5 sounds like mud.
-The K240s sounded awesome at the start, and now they sound normal. All the other students just happened to get a bad pair of whatever. :P
-Owl City's music is actually very, very complex. You just can't hear half the tracks on most consumer cans.
-Some of my favorite classical recordings keep making this page-turning sound right behind my head. It can be a bit eerie sometimes.
-I even enjoy wearing the K240s without playing anything through them, as a sort of ear-warmer/ear-hug thing. Is that weird? I just sort of automatically put them on at my desk.
-Semi-open is actually very nice. It takes the edge off the background noise, but I can still hear the phone ring.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just wanted to say "thank you."
Cool, IMO they were the best choice for your purposes.
(I also would have recommended at least a listen to the HD25 1 II)
The DT770's and M Audio Q40's both have too much bass for my taste.
- Starter Headphones: K240 vs Q40 vs DT 770 vs HD 25-1 II
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Stax Thread III 31 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › FiiO M3, Ultra-Portable|8G+64G|2.0" 320*240... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vienna/Austria Meet October 2015? 4 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 6 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! 6 minutes ago
- › UK Head-Fi'ers - Do you want to see a new, mystery SoundMAGIC product? 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Noble Audio Savant by Loquah
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by Arturs Travkins
- › Nouske NH-14 Hybrid 2-Way Balanced Armature + Dynamic Driver In-Ear... by Cotnijoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2