Due to the recent price drop of the v moda crossfades to $200 i'm wondering if it is worth the $100 more than the m50's. I listen mostly to techno/trance music and have tried the crossfades, and love their sound, but ive never listened the m50's. Any advise would be useful.
Related Forum Threads
- V-moda Crossfade - is there too much bass? Last post on 11/23/10 at 1:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Too much competition! What headphones should I get for $100-180? Last post on 4/1/13 at 4:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- XB 500's have Snapped and Looking for a Replacement Last post on 3/24/13 at 6:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best dubstep headphones for $100? Last post on 3/16/13 at 6:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from Crossfade lp's Last post on 12/24/12 at 8:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Edited on 5/13/13
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Crossfades or m50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i have the m50s, and i absolutely love them to death. The comfort is great. IMO the bass is extended with emphasis on the sub bass, the upper mids are a bit recessed, and the highs are nice and detailed without being sibilant or harsh. I haven't heard the Crossfades so i cant comment. But for a $100 the m50s are a steal imo. Hope this helps!
Am I currently making this decision as well. From what people say, the M50 has a overall better sound signature, while the crossfades are significantly worse in sound but better in the looks department. This comprehensive review should help :http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-76-portable-headphones-reviewed-pioneer-se-mj5-ultrasone-hfi-15g-added-04-07
- Crossfades or m50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) 20 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5 portable amplifier appreciation + discussion thread... 35 seconds ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 53 seconds ago
- › Excellent condition Shure 425 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Any headphones like Grados in style for under $300.00? 3 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions.... 6 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe