thought it was a decent purchase, but now that i plugged my headphones into my source card, the headphones don't respond to any guitar strings or have the clarity like they used to. did i blow them already by putting them into the amp? please help. ad700 headphones.
Related Forum Threads
- Help with this amplifier Last post on 10/6/10 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for bose qc 2 ? (under U$ 80,00) Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- iPhone + ??? + AD700: Help an audioneophile! Last post on 7/17/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
- Headphone Impedance
stay away from HA400 from Behringer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well that sucks....I was thinking of purchasing the HA400 to eliminate the need of constantly plugging/unplugging my different headphones all the time.
So how bad does it degrade the quality? (from a scale from 1-10)
i wouldn't say it degrades the quality, i would say it ruins your headphones. i had my ad700's hooked up for just a few days and i found out the one day that the highs and mids were almost completely gone. it could have been that i accidentally put the volume all the way up a few times by accident, but i would say if you want something like this get the Rolls Pro Amp. its about double the price but its better quality and you get 1/4 and 3.5mm jacks to plug into. this behringer only had 1/4 jacks which was a pain. you also need a 2x male rca plugs and on the other end a 3.5mm or 1/4 jack to plug into your source for the rolls pro amp. i bought teh ha400 for almost teh same reason as you but i would stay away. if you still want it, i will sell you mine for really cheap.
Edited by jschristian44 - 10/11/10 at 9:29am
YOU blew up your headphones because you misused some associated equipment. Accept responsibility for this rather than dragging someone else into it.
dudes.. it does hurt your headphones and sp[eakers it fricking buckled every one of my headphone driver when plugging in headphones jack or connecting ha400 to power.
I have no idea about the design of such amps, but it is not when i connect the sound source that it make such dangerous buckling and boom popping sound that can hurt my ear enough no matter what volumn from 0-10 it';s the same level of pop noise if not louder at 10(with no music of course)
there is not even a costumer support line from behringer
someone from behringer better stand out and explain this to me or else,,
Sorry, Behringer equipment is hit or miss and good costumer support from a budget manufacturer? Do not expect too much and check the manual, reviews and forum feedback...
- stay away from HA400 from Behringer
- › IC: Melbourne Meet Probably 2/6/13 3 seconds ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 18 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › What next from SRH440? Require more bass and possible amp in the... 1 minute ago
- › My iem just broke and need a replacement... 2 minutes ago
- › Squeezebox Touch Equivalent 3 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 3 minutes ago
- › Is there an audible difference between HD and CD quality? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech ue 6000, Monster Inspiration or V-Moda crossfade Lp2? 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe