thought it was a decent purchase, but now that i plugged my headphones into my source card, the headphones don't respond to any guitar strings or have the clarity like they used to. did i blow them already by putting them into the amp? please help. ad700 headphones.
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 10/7/10
- productBehringer MicroAmp HA400 Ultra-Compact 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/7/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help with this amplifier Last post on 10/6/10 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for bose qc 2 ? (under U$ 80,00) Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- iPhone + ??? + AD700: Help an audioneophile! Last post on 7/17/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
- Headphone Impedance
stay away from HA400 from Behringer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well that sucks....I was thinking of purchasing the HA400 to eliminate the need of constantly plugging/unplugging my different headphones all the time.
So how bad does it degrade the quality? (from a scale from 1-10)
i wouldn't say it degrades the quality, i would say it ruins your headphones. i had my ad700's hooked up for just a few days and i found out the one day that the highs and mids were almost completely gone. it could have been that i accidentally put the volume all the way up a few times by accident, but i would say if you want something like this get the Rolls Pro Amp. its about double the price but its better quality and you get 1/4 and 3.5mm jacks to plug into. this behringer only had 1/4 jacks which was a pain. you also need a 2x male rca plugs and on the other end a 3.5mm or 1/4 jack to plug into your source for the rolls pro amp. i bought teh ha400 for almost teh same reason as you but i would stay away. if you still want it, i will sell you mine for really cheap.
Edited by jschristian44 - 10/11/10 at 9:29am
YOU blew up your headphones because you misused some associated equipment. Accept responsibility for this rather than dragging someone else into it.
dudes.. it does hurt your headphones and sp[eakers it fricking buckled every one of my headphone driver when plugging in headphones jack or connecting ha400 to power.
I have no idea about the design of such amps, but it is not when i connect the sound source that it make such dangerous buckling and boom popping sound that can hurt my ear enough no matter what volumn from 0-10 it';s the same level of pop noise if not louder at 10(with no music of course)
there is not even a costumer support line from behringer
someone from behringer better stand out and explain this to me or else,,
Sorry, Behringer equipment is hit or miss and good costumer support from a budget manufacturer? Do not expect too much and check the manual, reviews and forum feedback...
- stay away from HA400 from Behringer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 11 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 20 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Grado HF2 5 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › a replacement for my vsonic gr07 be 6 minutes ago
- › Good external 7.1 or maybe 5.1 sound card? 7 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 8 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)