thought it was a decent purchase, but now that i plugged my headphones into my source card, the headphones don't respond to any guitar strings or have the clarity like they used to. did i blow them already by putting them into the amp? please help. ad700 headphones.
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 10/7/10
- productBehringer MicroAmp HA400 Ultra-Compact 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 10/7/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help with this amplifier Last post on 10/6/10 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amp for bose qc 2 ? (under U$ 80,00) Last post on 9/17/12 at 9:07am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice on down-sizing Last post on 9/19/12 at 7:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need a little help with a pair of new bass cans. Last post on 8/1/12 at 8:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- iPhone + ??? + AD700: Help an audioneophile! Last post on 7/17/12 at 7:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
stay away from HA400 from Behringer
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well that sucks....I was thinking of purchasing the HA400 to eliminate the need of constantly plugging/unplugging my different headphones all the time.
So how bad does it degrade the quality? (from a scale from 1-10)
i wouldn't say it degrades the quality, i would say it ruins your headphones. i had my ad700's hooked up for just a few days and i found out the one day that the highs and mids were almost completely gone. it could have been that i accidentally put the volume all the way up a few times by accident, but i would say if you want something like this get the Rolls Pro Amp. its about double the price but its better quality and you get 1/4 and 3.5mm jacks to plug into. this behringer only had 1/4 jacks which was a pain. you also need a 2x male rca plugs and on the other end a 3.5mm or 1/4 jack to plug into your source for the rolls pro amp. i bought teh ha400 for almost teh same reason as you but i would stay away. if you still want it, i will sell you mine for really cheap.
Edited by jschristian44 - 10/11/10 at 9:29am
YOU blew up your headphones because you misused some associated equipment. Accept responsibility for this rather than dragging someone else into it.
dudes.. it does hurt your headphones and sp[eakers it fricking buckled every one of my headphone driver when plugging in headphones jack or connecting ha400 to power.
I have no idea about the design of such amps, but it is not when i connect the sound source that it make such dangerous buckling and boom popping sound that can hurt my ear enough no matter what volumn from 0-10 it';s the same level of pop noise if not louder at 10(with no music of course)
there is not even a costumer support line from behringer
someone from behringer better stand out and explain this to me or else,,
Sorry, Behringer equipment is hit or miss and good costumer support from a budget manufacturer? Do not expect too much and check the manual, reviews and forum feedback...
- stay away from HA400 from Behringer
- › Vape-Fi 42 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › The danger of bears 4 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 5 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 8 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...