I use a piece of medical paper tape (very breathy one), tape over the hole. It cut down its harsh treble. You may need to try a few brand to find out the right one for you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Proper fit for IEM Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic HJE900 or Etymotic MC5? Last post on 2/2/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Re0 or Panasonic HJE900 Last post on 8/31/10 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones Last post on 8/22/10 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please suggest Bass Heavy Earbuds. $100-150 Last post on 8/11/10 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review] - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 12810/10/10 at 4:34pmThread Starter
Would that leave a sticky residue on the filter if you ever decide to take it off? I just put foam inside the housing and put the filters back on so it would still look nice and looks like it has not been tampered with. If someone who had no idea saw them they would not even know the filters have been taken out and foam stuffed inside them.
I think I've had enough with the stock cable however. Unless they magically grow around 6-7 inches overnight I'm getting the SA6 cable when they are back in stock at B&H. I won't be using them until then and it gives me time to do some reviews I'm working on anyway.post #78 of 12810/10/10 at 7:39pm
Those tapes are designed for skin, so sticky residue is not bad; more like silicone glue materials on sticky notes, but slimmer. I just took a look, a bit white residue was there, but it was easy to wipe off. Different brands sound different, you may have to try a few to find the one you like.
I like SA6 cable so much better; for some reasons, the original cable felt slightly weighty on my ears. I feel nothing when use SA6 cable.
Edited by david1978jp - 10/10/10 at 7:42pmpost #79 of 12810/10/10 at 7:43pm
question about tips.... from what ive heard the best are the m9 tips? is this true? i would order the balanced grays but they are out. should i just settle for the m9 set? or should i go with the m11 original 5 piece set? and are they even worth it? how much will they improve the SQ over the stocks?post #80 of 12810/10/10 at 7:51pmThread Starter
It's not for some reason. The stock cable is heavy because of the long metal piece connecting the cable to the housing. It's a combination of that as well as the length that is frustrating me. I can handle the cable weight or the length but not both as it just adds up.
You cannot purchase an individual balanced eartip afaik. You have to buy the entire set.post #81 of 12810/10/10 at 8:06pmQuote:
They are available separately : http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset2-balancedsound.htm. I've bought one before they went OOS.
post #82 of 12810/10/10 at 8:09pmThread Starterpost #83 of 12810/10/10 at 8:31pmpost #84 of 12810/10/10 at 8:49pm
Improve? don't know as I don't have the Panas. But, I have a M9 tip set and tried it with a few other IEMs. Tips will definitely change the sound. Just pull the trigger on a M9 / M11 / M11+ tips. MEE offers keep flowing through out the year, so do not worry about that. You can always pick something different next time .post #85 of 12810/10/10 at 8:54pmpost #86 of 12810/10/10 at 8:59pmThread Starter
Thanks for that link by the way. I took a look and they have the triple flange tips selling there. I emailed them about buying them separately and it was not available then. I might get a set of those when those balanced ones are in stock if I get around to it.post #87 of 12810/10/10 at 9:18pmpost #88 of 12810/11/10 at 1:57pmpost #89 of 12810/11/10 at 1:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED 5 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 47 seconds ago
- › Suggestions in the $500 for mostly-neutral headphones. 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 1 minute ago
- › Hello & Sennheiser/Schiit Question 3 minutes ago
- › Mystery of missing people 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2