I use a piece of medical paper tape (very breathy one), tape over the hole. It cut down its harsh treble. You may need to try a few brand to find out the right one for you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Proper fit for IEM Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic HJE900 or Etymotic MC5? Last post on 2/2/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Re0 or Panasonic HJE900 Last post on 8/31/10 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones Last post on 8/22/10 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please suggest Bass Heavy Earbuds. $100-150 Last post on 8/11/10 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review] - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 12810/10/10 at 4:34pmThread Starter
Would that leave a sticky residue on the filter if you ever decide to take it off? I just put foam inside the housing and put the filters back on so it would still look nice and looks like it has not been tampered with. If someone who had no idea saw them they would not even know the filters have been taken out and foam stuffed inside them.
I think I've had enough with the stock cable however. Unless they magically grow around 6-7 inches overnight I'm getting the SA6 cable when they are back in stock at B&H. I won't be using them until then and it gives me time to do some reviews I'm working on anyway.post #78 of 12810/10/10 at 7:39pm
Those tapes are designed for skin, so sticky residue is not bad; more like silicone glue materials on sticky notes, but slimmer. I just took a look, a bit white residue was there, but it was easy to wipe off. Different brands sound different, you may have to try a few to find the one you like.
I like SA6 cable so much better; for some reasons, the original cable felt slightly weighty on my ears. I feel nothing when use SA6 cable.
Edited by david1978jp - 10/10/10 at 7:42pmpost #79 of 12810/10/10 at 7:43pm
question about tips.... from what ive heard the best are the m9 tips? is this true? i would order the balanced grays but they are out. should i just settle for the m9 set? or should i go with the m11 original 5 piece set? and are they even worth it? how much will they improve the SQ over the stocks?post #80 of 12810/10/10 at 7:51pmThread Starter
It's not for some reason. The stock cable is heavy because of the long metal piece connecting the cable to the housing. It's a combination of that as well as the length that is frustrating me. I can handle the cable weight or the length but not both as it just adds up.
You cannot purchase an individual balanced eartip afaik. You have to buy the entire set.post #81 of 12810/10/10 at 8:06pmQuote:
They are available separately : http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset2-balancedsound.htm. I've bought one before they went OOS.
post #82 of 12810/10/10 at 8:09pmThread Starterpost #83 of 12810/10/10 at 8:31pmpost #84 of 12810/10/10 at 8:49pm
Improve? don't know as I don't have the Panas. But, I have a M9 tip set and tried it with a few other IEMs. Tips will definitely change the sound. Just pull the trigger on a M9 / M11 / M11+ tips. MEE offers keep flowing through out the year, so do not worry about that. You can always pick something different next time .post #85 of 12810/10/10 at 8:54pmpost #86 of 12810/10/10 at 8:59pmThread Starter
Thanks for that link by the way. I took a look and they have the triple flange tips selling there. I emailed them about buying them separately and it was not available then. I might get a set of those when those balanced ones are in stock if I get around to it.post #87 of 12810/10/10 at 9:18pmpost #88 of 12810/11/10 at 1:57pmpost #89 of 12810/11/10 at 1:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › "The Lab" 46 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Help me find an in-ear under $250 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Classic vs Beyerdynamic dt880 vs JVC FX850 3 minutes ago
- › Subway etiquette 7 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD439 review 8 minutes ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 9 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2