I use a piece of medical paper tape (very breathy one), tape over the hole. It cut down its harsh treble. You may need to try a few brand to find out the right one for you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Proper fit for IEM Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic HJE900 or Etymotic MC5? Last post on 2/2/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Re0 or Panasonic HJE900 Last post on 8/31/10 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones Last post on 8/22/10 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please suggest Bass Heavy Earbuds. $100-150 Last post on 8/11/10 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review] - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 12810/10/10 at 4:34pmThread Starter
Would that leave a sticky residue on the filter if you ever decide to take it off? I just put foam inside the housing and put the filters back on so it would still look nice and looks like it has not been tampered with. If someone who had no idea saw them they would not even know the filters have been taken out and foam stuffed inside them.
I think I've had enough with the stock cable however. Unless they magically grow around 6-7 inches overnight I'm getting the SA6 cable when they are back in stock at B&H. I won't be using them until then and it gives me time to do some reviews I'm working on anyway.post #78 of 12810/10/10 at 7:39pm
Those tapes are designed for skin, so sticky residue is not bad; more like silicone glue materials on sticky notes, but slimmer. I just took a look, a bit white residue was there, but it was easy to wipe off. Different brands sound different, you may have to try a few to find the one you like.
I like SA6 cable so much better; for some reasons, the original cable felt slightly weighty on my ears. I feel nothing when use SA6 cable.
Edited by david1978jp - 10/10/10 at 7:42pmpost #79 of 12810/10/10 at 7:43pm
question about tips.... from what ive heard the best are the m9 tips? is this true? i would order the balanced grays but they are out. should i just settle for the m9 set? or should i go with the m11 original 5 piece set? and are they even worth it? how much will they improve the SQ over the stocks?post #80 of 12810/10/10 at 7:51pmThread Starter
It's not for some reason. The stock cable is heavy because of the long metal piece connecting the cable to the housing. It's a combination of that as well as the length that is frustrating me. I can handle the cable weight or the length but not both as it just adds up.
You cannot purchase an individual balanced eartip afaik. You have to buy the entire set.post #81 of 12810/10/10 at 8:06pmQuote:
They are available separately : http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset2-balancedsound.htm. I've bought one before they went OOS.
post #82 of 12810/10/10 at 8:09pmThread Starterpost #83 of 12810/10/10 at 8:31pmpost #84 of 12810/10/10 at 8:49pm
Improve? don't know as I don't have the Panas. But, I have a M9 tip set and tried it with a few other IEMs. Tips will definitely change the sound. Just pull the trigger on a M9 / M11 / M11+ tips. MEE offers keep flowing through out the year, so do not worry about that. You can always pick something different next time .post #85 of 12810/10/10 at 8:54pmpost #86 of 12810/10/10 at 8:59pmThread Starter
Thanks for that link by the way. I took a look and they have the triple flange tips selling there. I emailed them about buying them separately and it was not available then. I might get a set of those when those balanced ones are in stock if I get around to it.post #87 of 12810/10/10 at 9:18pmpost #88 of 12810/11/10 at 1:57pmpost #89 of 12810/11/10 at 1:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FX1X (Xtreme Xplosive) (Impressions)(Hopefully Fan Thread) 13 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 14 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 39 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 46 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)