I use a piece of medical paper tape (very breathy one), tape over the hole. It cut down its harsh treble. You may need to try a few brand to find out the right one for you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Proper fit for IEM Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic HJE900 or Etymotic MC5? Last post on 2/2/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Re0 or Panasonic HJE900 Last post on 8/31/10 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones Last post on 8/22/10 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please suggest Bass Heavy Earbuds. $100-150 Last post on 8/11/10 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review] - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 12810/10/10 at 4:34pmThread Starter
Would that leave a sticky residue on the filter if you ever decide to take it off? I just put foam inside the housing and put the filters back on so it would still look nice and looks like it has not been tampered with. If someone who had no idea saw them they would not even know the filters have been taken out and foam stuffed inside them.
I think I've had enough with the stock cable however. Unless they magically grow around 6-7 inches overnight I'm getting the SA6 cable when they are back in stock at B&H. I won't be using them until then and it gives me time to do some reviews I'm working on anyway.post #78 of 12810/10/10 at 7:39pm
Those tapes are designed for skin, so sticky residue is not bad; more like silicone glue materials on sticky notes, but slimmer. I just took a look, a bit white residue was there, but it was easy to wipe off. Different brands sound different, you may have to try a few to find the one you like.
I like SA6 cable so much better; for some reasons, the original cable felt slightly weighty on my ears. I feel nothing when use SA6 cable.
Edited by david1978jp - 10/10/10 at 7:42pmpost #79 of 12810/10/10 at 7:43pm
question about tips.... from what ive heard the best are the m9 tips? is this true? i would order the balanced grays but they are out. should i just settle for the m9 set? or should i go with the m11 original 5 piece set? and are they even worth it? how much will they improve the SQ over the stocks?post #80 of 12810/10/10 at 7:51pmThread Starter
It's not for some reason. The stock cable is heavy because of the long metal piece connecting the cable to the housing. It's a combination of that as well as the length that is frustrating me. I can handle the cable weight or the length but not both as it just adds up.
You cannot purchase an individual balanced eartip afaik. You have to buy the entire set.post #81 of 12810/10/10 at 8:06pmQuote:
They are available separately : http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset2-balancedsound.htm. I've bought one before they went OOS.
post #82 of 12810/10/10 at 8:09pmThread Starterpost #83 of 12810/10/10 at 8:31pmpost #84 of 12810/10/10 at 8:49pm
Improve? don't know as I don't have the Panas. But, I have a M9 tip set and tried it with a few other IEMs. Tips will definitely change the sound. Just pull the trigger on a M9 / M11 / M11+ tips. MEE offers keep flowing through out the year, so do not worry about that. You can always pick something different next time .post #85 of 12810/10/10 at 8:54pmpost #86 of 12810/10/10 at 8:59pmThread Starter
Thanks for that link by the way. I took a look and they have the triple flange tips selling there. I emailed them about buying them separately and it was not available then. I might get a set of those when those balanced ones are in stock if I get around to it.post #87 of 12810/10/10 at 9:18pmpost #88 of 12810/11/10 at 1:57pmpost #89 of 12810/11/10 at 1:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 34 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 39 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 49 seconds ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 1 minute ago
- › The Woo Audio 2 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman He-400 vs Sennheiser hd600 vs Fidelio x1 1 minute ago
- › Iphone 5s (Verizon) 64gb White, includes 2 cases 3 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › I got a Denon AVR-2802 for free. Worth building a system around it? 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)