I use a piece of medical paper tape (very breathy one), tape over the hole. It cut down its harsh treble. You may need to try a few brand to find out the right one for you.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Proper fit for IEM Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic HJE900 or Etymotic MC5? Last post on 2/2/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Re0 or Panasonic HJE900 Last post on 8/31/10 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones Last post on 8/22/10 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please suggest Bass Heavy Earbuds. $100-150 Last post on 8/11/10 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble: Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing...
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review] - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 12810/10/10 at 4:34pmThread Starter
Would that leave a sticky residue on the filter if you ever decide to take it off? I just put foam inside the housing and put the filters back on so it would still look nice and looks like it has not been tampered with. If someone who had no idea saw them they would not even know the filters have been taken out and foam stuffed inside them.
I think I've had enough with the stock cable however. Unless they magically grow around 6-7 inches overnight I'm getting the SA6 cable when they are back in stock at B&H. I won't be using them until then and it gives me time to do some reviews I'm working on anyway.post #78 of 12810/10/10 at 7:39pm
Those tapes are designed for skin, so sticky residue is not bad; more like silicone glue materials on sticky notes, but slimmer. I just took a look, a bit white residue was there, but it was easy to wipe off. Different brands sound different, you may have to try a few to find the one you like.
I like SA6 cable so much better; for some reasons, the original cable felt slightly weighty on my ears. I feel nothing when use SA6 cable.
Edited by david1978jp - 10/10/10 at 7:42pmpost #79 of 12810/10/10 at 7:43pm
question about tips.... from what ive heard the best are the m9 tips? is this true? i would order the balanced grays but they are out. should i just settle for the m9 set? or should i go with the m11 original 5 piece set? and are they even worth it? how much will they improve the SQ over the stocks?post #80 of 12810/10/10 at 7:51pmThread Starter
It's not for some reason. The stock cable is heavy because of the long metal piece connecting the cable to the housing. It's a combination of that as well as the length that is frustrating me. I can handle the cable weight or the length but not both as it just adds up.
You cannot purchase an individual balanced eartip afaik. You have to buy the entire set.post #81 of 12810/10/10 at 8:06pmQuote:
They are available separately : http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Eartips_for_M11_Earphones_p/tipset2-balancedsound.htm. I've bought one before they went OOS.
post #82 of 12810/10/10 at 8:09pmThread Starterpost #83 of 12810/10/10 at 8:31pmpost #84 of 12810/10/10 at 8:49pm
Improve? don't know as I don't have the Panas. But, I have a M9 tip set and tried it with a few other IEMs. Tips will definitely change the sound. Just pull the trigger on a M9 / M11 / M11+ tips. MEE offers keep flowing through out the year, so do not worry about that. You can always pick something different next time .post #85 of 12810/10/10 at 8:54pmpost #86 of 12810/10/10 at 8:59pmThread Starter
Thanks for that link by the way. I took a look and they have the triple flange tips selling there. I emailed them about buying them separately and it was not available then. I might get a set of those when those balanced ones are in stock if I get around to it.post #87 of 12810/10/10 at 9:18pmpost #88 of 12810/11/10 at 1:57pmpost #89 of 12810/11/10 at 1:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › GRADO PS500 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Nuforce HA-200 - affordable class-A monoblocks 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for advice on headphone purchase 6 minutes ago
- › Arcam rHead Class-A Analogue Headphone Amp - July 2016 7 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 10 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...