mmmm.... i don't hear any hiss from my ksc75s and stock apple earbuds?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Proper fit for IEM Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic HJE900 or Etymotic MC5? Last post on 2/2/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Re0 or Panasonic HJE900 Last post on 8/31/10 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones Last post on 8/22/10 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please suggest Bass Heavy Earbuds. $100-150 Last post on 8/11/10 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
HiFiMAN RE-300a and RE-300h Quick Review Thanks to HiFiMAN for the samples. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/752969/hifiman-re-300a-and-re-300h-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review] - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 12810/7/10 at 2:26pmpost #48 of 12810/7/10 at 2:29pmpost #49 of 12810/7/10 at 2:32pm
yeah it's just the synergy between your source and the iem. You could try another source just to make sure. But that background "white noise" like hum is just typical hiss, not a defect.post #50 of 12810/7/10 at 2:42pmpost #51 of 12810/7/10 at 2:42pmThread Starter
I'm not sure what the technical reasoning behind it is but it's nothing to be worried about. A lot of very sensitive earphones with some bad sources have hiss. My old Sony hissed quite a bit. Usually you can't hear it when music is on or you can add an amp in between.post #52 of 12810/7/10 at 2:46pm
He he , did'nt realize this was your thread @rarwster I just clicked on the last post before .
Nice review ,they are getting more detailed and proffesional with each one you do ,you will be writing for What hi fi magazine before long if you keep this up .
So your not keen on the cable ,its really not that bad and does not hold that much memory .post #53 of 12810/7/10 at 3:27pmThread Starter
When you are used to cables such as the one on your W3 it definitely is pretty bad. Mine has a good amount of memory but not as much as my R02 but that's a much cheaper product. The length is also an issue since it is not long enough. It's just not a very good cable imo.post #54 of 12810/7/10 at 4:46pmpost #55 of 12810/7/10 at 4:52pmpost #56 of 12810/7/10 at 4:57pmThread Starter
netbooks and desktops assuming stock as in no upgraded sound cards are a hit or miss. My netbook output is garbage and sucks. I would only use it to watch videos online and that is the only time I use my headphone out on my netbook. The best way to reduce it is to get an amp although that is costly. You can get an impedance adapter since I do find that they tend to do well on dynamic drivers but you will need to be able to provide them enough power which usually means an amp of some kind. I did try an impedance adapter with the J3 as source and while it wasn't bad there's not much headroom really.post #57 of 12810/7/10 at 4:59pmpost #58 of 12810/7/10 at 5:07pmThread Starterpost #59 of 12810/7/10 at 5:11pm
right but turning up my ipod halfway up you can still hear some of the hiss. I just want to make sure that its not the headphones. What sources have you guys used that don't produce hiss? without amp that is
Edited by yearsofwisdom - 10/7/10 at 5:17pmpost #60 of 12810/7/10 at 5:39pm
Inks , has already given you the key to your issue.
When I had the chance to test the 'phones I too noticed that
the level of hiss was above average to me, but that's in regard
to my pretty sensitive hearing.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › $500 desktop setup? 9 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 18 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Looking for this setup 46 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › Balanced cable : what is it and why would i want it? 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › IHIFI 760 + 770 (pg 13) + 800 (pg 25) : From makers of the 812V2 /... 4 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3