mmmm.... i don't hear any hiss from my ksc75s and stock apple earbuds?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Proper fit for IEM Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic HJE900 or Etymotic MC5? Last post on 2/2/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Re0 or Panasonic HJE900 Last post on 8/31/10 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones Last post on 8/22/10 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please suggest Bass Heavy Earbuds. $100-150 Last post on 8/11/10 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review] - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 12810/7/10 at 2:26pmpost #48 of 12810/7/10 at 2:29pmpost #49 of 12810/7/10 at 2:32pm
yeah it's just the synergy between your source and the iem. You could try another source just to make sure. But that background "white noise" like hum is just typical hiss, not a defect.post #50 of 12810/7/10 at 2:42pmpost #51 of 12810/7/10 at 2:42pmThread Starter
I'm not sure what the technical reasoning behind it is but it's nothing to be worried about. A lot of very sensitive earphones with some bad sources have hiss. My old Sony hissed quite a bit. Usually you can't hear it when music is on or you can add an amp in between.post #52 of 12810/7/10 at 2:46pm
He he , did'nt realize this was your thread @rarwster I just clicked on the last post before .
Nice review ,they are getting more detailed and proffesional with each one you do ,you will be writing for What hi fi magazine before long if you keep this up .
So your not keen on the cable ,its really not that bad and does not hold that much memory .post #53 of 12810/7/10 at 3:27pmThread Starter
When you are used to cables such as the one on your W3 it definitely is pretty bad. Mine has a good amount of memory but not as much as my R02 but that's a much cheaper product. The length is also an issue since it is not long enough. It's just not a very good cable imo.post #54 of 12810/7/10 at 4:46pmpost #55 of 12810/7/10 at 4:52pmpost #56 of 12810/7/10 at 4:57pmThread Starter
netbooks and desktops assuming stock as in no upgraded sound cards are a hit or miss. My netbook output is garbage and sucks. I would only use it to watch videos online and that is the only time I use my headphone out on my netbook. The best way to reduce it is to get an amp although that is costly. You can get an impedance adapter since I do find that they tend to do well on dynamic drivers but you will need to be able to provide them enough power which usually means an amp of some kind. I did try an impedance adapter with the J3 as source and while it wasn't bad there's not much headroom really.post #57 of 12810/7/10 at 4:59pmpost #58 of 12810/7/10 at 5:07pmThread Starterpost #59 of 12810/7/10 at 5:11pm
right but turning up my ipod halfway up you can still hear some of the hiss. I just want to make sure that its not the headphones. What sources have you guys used that don't produce hiss? without amp that is
Edited by yearsofwisdom - 10/7/10 at 5:17pmpost #60 of 12810/7/10 at 5:39pm
Inks , has already given you the key to your issue.
When I had the chance to test the 'phones I too noticed that
the level of hiss was above average to me, but that's in regard
to my pretty sensitive hearing.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Ear Pads Thread 15 seconds ago
- › The never-advertised, always coveted headphones built and sold in... 1 minute ago
- › Comparison / Review : Beyerdynamic’s Siblings – The Classic DT880... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › FS: Geek Out 450 Silver MINT condition USB DAC Amp 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! ... 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Left Earpiece 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p.... 4 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)