mmmm.... i don't hear any hiss from my ksc75s and stock apple earbuds?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Proper fit for IEM Last post on 9/13/10 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic HJE900 or Etymotic MC5? Last post on 2/2/11 at 3:59pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Re0 or Panasonic HJE900 Last post on 8/31/10 at 7:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New earphones Last post on 8/22/10 at 5:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please suggest Bass Heavy Earbuds. $100-150 Last post on 8/11/10 at 6:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might know JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review] - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 12810/7/10 at 2:26pmpost #48 of 12810/7/10 at 2:29pmpost #49 of 12810/7/10 at 2:32pm
yeah it's just the synergy between your source and the iem. You could try another source just to make sure. But that background "white noise" like hum is just typical hiss, not a defect.post #50 of 12810/7/10 at 2:42pmpost #51 of 12810/7/10 at 2:42pmThread Starter
I'm not sure what the technical reasoning behind it is but it's nothing to be worried about. A lot of very sensitive earphones with some bad sources have hiss. My old Sony hissed quite a bit. Usually you can't hear it when music is on or you can add an amp in between.post #52 of 12810/7/10 at 2:46pm
He he , did'nt realize this was your thread @rarwster I just clicked on the last post before .
Nice review ,they are getting more detailed and proffesional with each one you do ,you will be writing for What hi fi magazine before long if you keep this up .
So your not keen on the cable ,its really not that bad and does not hold that much memory .post #53 of 12810/7/10 at 3:27pmThread Starter
When you are used to cables such as the one on your W3 it definitely is pretty bad. Mine has a good amount of memory but not as much as my R02 but that's a much cheaper product. The length is also an issue since it is not long enough. It's just not a very good cable imo.post #54 of 12810/7/10 at 4:46pmpost #55 of 12810/7/10 at 4:52pmpost #56 of 12810/7/10 at 4:57pmThread Starter
netbooks and desktops assuming stock as in no upgraded sound cards are a hit or miss. My netbook output is garbage and sucks. I would only use it to watch videos online and that is the only time I use my headphone out on my netbook. The best way to reduce it is to get an amp although that is costly. You can get an impedance adapter since I do find that they tend to do well on dynamic drivers but you will need to be able to provide them enough power which usually means an amp of some kind. I did try an impedance adapter with the J3 as source and while it wasn't bad there's not much headroom really.post #57 of 12810/7/10 at 4:59pmpost #58 of 12810/7/10 at 5:07pmThread Starterpost #59 of 12810/7/10 at 5:11pm
right but turning up my ipod halfway up you can still hear some of the hiss. I just want to make sure that its not the headphones. What sources have you guys used that don't produce hiss? without amp that is
Edited by yearsofwisdom - 10/7/10 at 5:17pmpost #60 of 12810/7/10 at 5:39pm
Inks , has already given you the key to your issue.
When I had the chance to test the 'phones I too noticed that
the level of hiss was above average to me, but that's in regard
to my pretty sensitive hearing.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 4 seconds ago
- › Need a badge? 10 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 11 seconds ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 30 seconds ago
- › What is the best device that decodes multichannel SACD/DSD like the... 33 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 37 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Speaker Owners 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM650 Portable Music Player Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2