Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review] - Page 8

post #106 of 128

Pardon my newbieness, but can someone tell me in more details on the foam mod thingy? How is it achieved? Some pics would help. I do not like silicon tip as I can never get them to snug as I wanted, will this foam mod help in any way? Thanks,

post #107 of 128
Thread Starter 

There may be pics somewhere but not necessary. I just took some foam from the sansa earbuds I had and cut small pieces and then I took off the filter. I put the foam inside and put the filter back on and did the same for both housings. I don't understand how you think adding foam inside the housing will help fit..they have nothing to do with each other.

post #108 of 128

im gonna give lucozade the benefit of doubt and assume he is being as objective as possible and will try the hj900, i still find hard to believe they have better sq than the higher tier ie7 thought, we'll see =)

post #109 of 128

would the fluff from q tips work or just foam?

post #110 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4tr4tr4t View Post

im gonna give lucozade the benefit of doubt and assume he is being as objective as possible and will try the hj900, i still find hard to believe they have better sq than the higher tier ie7 thought, we'll see =)



If it helps, I agree with Luco regarding the two of them.  While the IE7's are quite good, they weren't as fun as the Panny's to me.  If you're looking for a fun V shaped sound, I don't think you'll be disappointed.  If you're looking for something a little warmer and flatter go with the Senn's.  Either one will satisfy depending on what you're looking for.  For what it's worth, the IE7 didn't have enough bass for me, I stepped up to the IE8 from there.  The bass on the 900's isn't in the same league, but It's more satisfying for me than the IE7. Your mileage may vary

post #111 of 128

I just bought these from jr.com and I'm not sure if I'm truly impressed. I used to have the Sennheiser CX300 until I decided to upgrade...

 

What should I be listening for in these new headphones? Since everyone is raving about them, I would also like to fully enjoy them!

 

Thanks!

post #112 of 128

What is your source and music genre?  Synergy with your DAP and getting a good seal (by trying different tips) in your ear are important factors.

post #113 of 128

Great review!

 

I was thinking about getting myself one. Your review might just have pushed me over the edge....

post #114 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

What is your source and music genre?  Synergy with your DAP and getting a good seal (by trying different tips) in your ear are important factors.


I usually like to listen to hip hop/pop. I use my iPod and Macbook Pro. As for the tips, I've just experimented with the stock ones so far.

post #115 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyjonesrocks View Post

I usually like to listen to hip hop/pop. I use my iPod and Macbook Pro. As for the tips, I've just experimented with the stock ones so far.


That's sort of weird to me cause I think these are great for hip-hip.  I have been running these amped (t3d) with meelec m6 tips, but I just tried stock tips and unamped from my ipod touch and I don't think there really is much difference, nothing drastic at least.(I might even just start running these unamped from now on.) Maybe it's source material. I've read in some of the reviews that these aren't good for low bitrate mp3's but all my music is 320 or lossless, so I really don't know.  Or maybe they're just not to your liking, which is perfectly fine, they're not for everyone but at least now you know for yourself.  Such is the risk of anything that hits FOTM status.  


Edited by deadhead12 - 10/16/10 at 10:23am
post #116 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhead12 View Post




That's sort of weird to me cause I think these are great for hip-hip.  I have been running these amped (t3d) with meelec m6 tips, but I just tried stock tips and unamped from my ipod touch and I don't think there really is much difference, nothing drastic at least.(I might even just start running these unamped from now on.) Maybe it's source material. I've read in some of the reviews that these aren't good for low bitrate mp3's but all my music is 320 or lossless, so I really don't know.  Or maybe they're just not to your liking, which is perfectly fine, they're not for everyone but at least now you know for yourself.  Such is the risk of anything that hits FOTM status.  


Thanks for the feedback. Most of music is around 320 also. Maybe I'm just not used to using quality IEM's. smily_headphones1.gif

 

I've considering selling these and getting the Monster Turbines or the Klipsch S4's. Does anybody have an opinion about this? Thanks again!

post #117 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyjonesrocks View Post




Thanks for the feedback. Most of music is around 320 also. Maybe I'm just not used to using quality IEM's. smily_headphones1.gif

 

I've considering selling these and getting the Monster Turbines or the Klipsch S4's. Does anybody have an opinion about this? Thanks again!



Well, The S4's are very close to the 900's in presentation.  They are both v shaped, with sparkly (for some, sibliant) highs and deep thumping bass.  The 900's are definitely more detailed throughout, but there was a special magic in the Klipsch that I haven't found in the 900's yet.  Tips make all the difference.  For the better build quality alone, I'd keep the 900's over the Klipsch.  The Klipsch can also give some ears issues with their fit.  They are in-canal phones, not just in ear.  If not inserted properly, you'll lose all of the bass and hear nothing but harsh aggressive highs.  The Klipsch hold a special place as my first step up, but it's not special enough for me to give up the Panny's for. 

post #118 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

Great job rawrster. x2 on the impressions. The foam mod bringing mids up and helping the treble balance seems a nice touch. That would make them quite the purchase for anyone needing a bang per buck phone that can challenge the big dogs costing 2-4xs as much.

x2 on the M9 balanced tip. It is a softer silicone which attenuates some of that bass reflex I surmise. I used the same tips for the 900s when I had them.




Thanks for your instruction! This is what I'm looking for, I understand this part.
post #119 of 128

Just bought the Panas and out of the box they have less bass then the Sen CX500 that I have... Also I found the highs a bit arsh... But they are more detail than the CX500...

 

They have absolutely no burning time so sound might change a bit...

 

And the stock tips sucks... I'm using the ones i use whit the CX500

 

What tips are everyone using whit them? i would like to tame a litle bit of the treble and enace de bass...

 

Cheers

post #120 of 128
Thread Starter 

The HJE900 will never have as much bass as a CX500 if it is anything like a CX300. Those have a very long decay and all you really hear is bass and not much else. There's a big difference between bass quantity and the quality that you get from the HJE900 and the HJE900 are not bass light.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zircona In Ear Headphones [Review]