must be you because it is a nice design frankly.
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/5/10
Related Forum Threads
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- B&W P5 v Monster Beats Studio Last post on 11/11/11 at 12:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Saving Equalized Songs to iPod(Bump up mids/vocals on ATH-M50s) Last post on 12/28/11 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 4/14/15 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dre Beats Studio.....authentic and like new for $115. Take em or leave em Last post on 3/8/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Whats so bad about Studio Beats by Dr. Dre? - Page 2post #16 of 9310/5/10 at 4:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9310/5/10 at 4:52am
Having owned the XB700s and listened to the Beats at Best Buy I can say that the 700s sound better and are about 1/2 the price. I think the Beats did sound very good, albeit the bass got a little distorted for my taste; But they're not nearly worth what they're asking for.
Heck you can pick up a set of Ultrasone Pro 650s for less and still have money left over for an inexpensive portable amp.post #18 of 9310/5/10 at 4:57am
1) It's hard to wear any headphones without looking like a complete tit. They should be banned in public spaces.
2) Monster must be destroyed. It is evil.post #19 of 9310/5/10 at 5:23amQuote:
So, what are you doing in the "Portable Headphones" section of this forum then?post #20 of 9310/5/10 at 5:47am
Um, cos I love iems? Those things that go on your ears, on the other hand, are weird.
post #21 of 9310/5/10 at 5:55ampost #22 of 9310/5/10 at 6:44am
I personally love the look of them and commend Monster for doing something different. It's a very slick contemporary unisex design.
I was, however, disappointed with their sound quality. After having listened to some Klipsch S4 IEM's right before auditioning the Monster Beats Studios, the Studios came off considerably worse. The only thing that was a possible highlight was the average soundstage. Firstly the bass, from which I was expecting great things. On R&B tracks, it can be easily forgiven as it's warm and loose. But play anything that requires punch and it simply fails to deliver. The mids are so recessed, it can be difficult to pick out details in tracks, with singers almost taking too many steps back towards the band. The highs are sweet, but they lack clarity, especially for a pair of headphones labelled as "Studios" - you would expect studio monitor performance.
They perhaps require an update. I look forward to the Monster Beat Pros which hopefully address the Studio's SQ issues.
Edited by SpikedJuice - 10/5/10 at 7:15ampost #23 of 9310/5/10 at 6:49ampost #24 of 9310/5/10 at 2:55pmQuote:
Maybe like dating a hot, dumb blond who's in a comma.
Looks good but just lays there and doesn't do anything...post #25 of 9310/5/10 at 3:27pm
Unlike Hannibal Lector, who prefers his women to be in a colon.
post #26 of 9310/5/10 at 3:39pmpost #27 of 9310/5/10 at 5:27pmpost #28 of 9310/5/10 at 9:58pmpost #29 of 9310/6/10 at 6:40am
They are good for hip hop and the bass has some pretty good impact. I did an A/B test at my house against the XB700 and I say I like the beats studio better with hip hop. The ear pads and lightness of them makes them pretty comfortable also. The real bad thing I find about them is the price of them for how flimsy they are. The plastic they use are just plain cheap and cheap feeling. One thing the studio does that I wish all other headphone maker do is make them fold nicely like the studio and provide a good hard case. I'm not saying there aren't any out there that doesn't, but I think it's necessary to have a hard case when you purchase a higher price headphone. (the studio definitely need it)post #30 of 9312/14/10 at 5:12am
well see I have them, but I got mine for free so I'm good, I like em, first expensive headphoens I've had but since reading this forum I'm dying to get rid of them.
Lol how I got these are funny tho, Monster are probably the most retarded company I've ever seen, K i traded my bike for monster Solo's, I broke them 3 times in the SAME SPOT, they knew it too, so they actually said "Ok we'll upgrade you to studios for free!" K, but each time I used warranty on my solo's, they sent me one before I sent mine back, so I have 3 solos right now, and my studios and they havent called. I wonder if I can do it with these studios but they haven't broke and I haven't had a need to do it. This christmas I'm going to try and return all of these and see if I could get possibly like 1 grand in cash or gift cards. would be nice :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats so bad about Studio Beats by Dr. Dre?
- Headphone Impedance
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 12 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 55 seconds ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › What song drops the deepest bass? 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Wyrd with 2 PYST USB Cables 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear