must be you because it is a nice design frankly.
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/5/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/5/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/5/10
Related Forum Threads
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- B&W P5 v Monster Beats Studio Last post on 11/11/11 at 12:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Saving Equalized Songs to iPod(Bump up mids/vocals on ATH-M50s) Last post on 12/28/11 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 4/14/15 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dre Beats Studio.....authentic and like new for $115. Take em or leave em Last post on 3/8/12 at 9:16am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Whats so bad about Studio Beats by Dr. Dre? - Page 2post #16 of 9310/5/10 at 4:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 9310/5/10 at 4:52am
Having owned the XB700s and listened to the Beats at Best Buy I can say that the 700s sound better and are about 1/2 the price. I think the Beats did sound very good, albeit the bass got a little distorted for my taste; But they're not nearly worth what they're asking for.
Heck you can pick up a set of Ultrasone Pro 650s for less and still have money left over for an inexpensive portable amp.post #18 of 9310/5/10 at 4:57am
1) It's hard to wear any headphones without looking like a complete tit. They should be banned in public spaces.
2) Monster must be destroyed. It is evil.post #19 of 9310/5/10 at 5:23amQuote:
So, what are you doing in the "Portable Headphones" section of this forum then?post #20 of 9310/5/10 at 5:47am
Um, cos I love iems? Those things that go on your ears, on the other hand, are weird.
post #21 of 9310/5/10 at 5:55ampost #22 of 9310/5/10 at 6:44am
I personally love the look of them and commend Monster for doing something different. It's a very slick contemporary unisex design.
I was, however, disappointed with their sound quality. After having listened to some Klipsch S4 IEM's right before auditioning the Monster Beats Studios, the Studios came off considerably worse. The only thing that was a possible highlight was the average soundstage. Firstly the bass, from which I was expecting great things. On R&B tracks, it can be easily forgiven as it's warm and loose. But play anything that requires punch and it simply fails to deliver. The mids are so recessed, it can be difficult to pick out details in tracks, with singers almost taking too many steps back towards the band. The highs are sweet, but they lack clarity, especially for a pair of headphones labelled as "Studios" - you would expect studio monitor performance.
They perhaps require an update. I look forward to the Monster Beat Pros which hopefully address the Studio's SQ issues.
Edited by SpikedJuice - 10/5/10 at 7:15ampost #23 of 9310/5/10 at 6:49ampost #24 of 9310/5/10 at 2:55pmQuote:
Maybe like dating a hot, dumb blond who's in a comma.
Looks good but just lays there and doesn't do anything...post #25 of 9310/5/10 at 3:27pm
Unlike Hannibal Lector, who prefers his women to be in a colon.
post #26 of 9310/5/10 at 3:39pmpost #27 of 9310/5/10 at 5:27pmpost #28 of 9310/5/10 at 9:58pmpost #29 of 9310/6/10 at 6:40am
They are good for hip hop and the bass has some pretty good impact. I did an A/B test at my house against the XB700 and I say I like the beats studio better with hip hop. The ear pads and lightness of them makes them pretty comfortable also. The real bad thing I find about them is the price of them for how flimsy they are. The plastic they use are just plain cheap and cheap feeling. One thing the studio does that I wish all other headphone maker do is make them fold nicely like the studio and provide a good hard case. I'm not saying there aren't any out there that doesn't, but I think it's necessary to have a hard case when you purchase a higher price headphone. (the studio definitely need it)post #30 of 9312/14/10 at 5:12am
well see I have them, but I got mine for free so I'm good, I like em, first expensive headphoens I've had but since reading this forum I'm dying to get rid of them.
Lol how I got these are funny tho, Monster are probably the most retarded company I've ever seen, K i traded my bike for monster Solo's, I broke them 3 times in the SAME SPOT, they knew it too, so they actually said "Ok we'll upgrade you to studios for free!" K, but each time I used warranty on my solo's, they sent me one before I sent mine back, so I have 3 solos right now, and my studios and they havent called. I wonder if I can do it with these studios but they haven't broke and I haven't had a need to do it. This christmas I'm going to try and return all of these and see if I could get possibly like 1 grand in cash or gift cards. would be nice :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats so bad about Studio Beats by Dr. Dre?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 21 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 53 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser introduces the GSP 350 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 7 minutes ago
- › Wtb: idsd micro/alo dual mono or other transportable dac/amp for... 12 minutes ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 13 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 14 minutes ago
- › Ie800 14 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...