I have Zalman 5.1 headphones. Advertised as 5.1 but they are actually 5.0 as you all know who has them. I have opened them up and I do see that the bass channel wire is just not connected, just hanging loose. Thats dissapointing. Has anyone connected to bass channel to all 6 speakers so the bass channel can be heard from all 6 speakers? I am thinking about doing that but I need some guidlines or links to manual where someone have done it already.
Related Forum Threads
- WORST headphone you ever heard? Last post on 4/12/14 at 7:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What MIC to add on to the AD700's now for gaming and skype? Last post on 7/12/11 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Gaming/Music Headphones Under $150 Last post on 3/5/11 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new gaming headset. AD700? Last post on 2/8/11 at 12:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
Zalman surround headphones 5.0 to 5.1
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/6/10 at 10:40am
Here is my concerns:
1 The LFE channel might be over powering and you have no control if you just hardwire it up.
2 If you wire it up directly I'm pretty sure you make it a completely mono pair of headphones.
You'd probably have to make a super simple mixer to avoid problems 1 and 2. (Somebody please double check my line of thought).
Is it worth the time and effort? That's up to you, personally I would not waste my time with it.
- Zalman surround headphones 5.0 to 5.1
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 53 seconds ago
- › Question regarding IEM Types 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Used Burson Audio HA-160DS headphone amp/dac 3 minutes ago
- › meet in AZ 4 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 6 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)