I have Zalman 5.1 headphones. Advertised as 5.1 but they are actually 5.0 as you all know who has them. I have opened them up and I do see that the bass channel wire is just not connected, just hanging loose. Thats dissapointing. Has anyone connected to bass channel to all 6 speakers so the bass channel can be heard from all 6 speakers? I am thinking about doing that but I need some guidlines or links to manual where someone have done it already.
Related Forum Threads
- WORST headphone you ever heard? Last post on 4/12/14 at 7:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What MIC to add on to the AD700's now for gaming and skype? Last post on 7/12/11 at 11:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New Gaming/Music Headphones Under $150 Last post on 3/5/11 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new gaming headset. AD700? Last post on 2/8/11 at 12:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
Zalman surround headphones 5.0 to 5.1
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 210/6/10 at 10:40am
Here is my concerns:
1 The LFE channel might be over powering and you have no control if you just hardwire it up.
2 If you wire it up directly I'm pretty sure you make it a completely mono pair of headphones.
You'd probably have to make a super simple mixer to avoid problems 1 and 2. (Somebody please double check my line of thought).
Is it worth the time and effort? That's up to you, personally I would not waste my time with it.
- Zalman surround headphones 5.0 to 5.1
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression... 11 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 27 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 preview world tour--also keep an eye out for the local... 46 seconds ago
- › Fit Ear Master piece MH 335 DW Studio Reference First Prototype In... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Metrum NOS Hex Flagship DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)