Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch Image S4 vs Maximo's imetal 590
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Klipsch Image S4 vs Maximo's imetal 590

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

I'm sure these earphones need no introduction as they are pretty popular as it. Does anyone know what set of earphones sound better and are built to last?


Or if anyone has another recommendation for earphones under $80 im up for it.


Thank you in advanced.

post #2 of 10
Thread Starter 

bump

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

No help? frown.gif

post #4 of 10

Heey you can look at my thread for info on the Image S4 smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/515644/klipsch-image-s4-vs-sennheiser-ie6

post #5 of 10

I tried the Klipsch S4 v. the Maximo imtetal IP-HS5 and thought the Maximo walked all over the Klipsch in sound quality. Different strokes for different folks, however I definitely preferred the Maximo's audio quality vs. the thin sound of the Klipsch. I was shocked that I had read so many positive reviews of the S4.

post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by digihead View Post

... I definitely preferred the Maximo's audio quality vs. the thin sound of the Klipsch. I was shocked that I had read so many positive reviews of the S4.


Weird!  I had the S4 for about a month and was overwhelmed (not in a good way) by it's over-reaching bass -- too boomy and strong for me.  Haven't heard the iM-590, but it seems I have read more favorable reviews of it over the S4.

post #7 of 10


Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead View Post

I tried the Klipsch S4 v. the Maximo imtetal IP-HS5 and thought the Maximo walked all over the Klipsch in sound quality. Different strokes for different folks, however I definitely preferred the Maximo's audio quality vs. the thin sound of the Klipsch. I was shocked that I had read so many positive reviews of the S4.



I prefer the iM-590 over the S4 as well, and by a margin at that. I can see why people like the S4 though - it has that bass-heavy, aggressive, slightly distorted, colored sound that many from the Skullcandy generation consider ideal. Different strokes indeed...

 

As for build quality, the iM-590 has recently been updated with a stronger cord and better 3.5mm plug. Before the update I'd have definitely picked the S4 for build but now the Maximos should at least keep up. The Klipsch does have a thin cord but at least there's  no reports of the cord hardening or splitting.

post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 

Wow thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I will stick with the im-590. How can I ensure I am getting the latest generation with the "new wire quality"?

post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow82x View Post

Wow thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I will stick with the im-590. How can I ensure I am getting the latest generation with the "new wire quality"?


The new ones have a (black or white) molded plastic housing for the 3.5mm plug. On the old ones, it's silver metal.

 

Resellers should mostly have only the new ones by now. But if you get (or already have) an old one, it can be replaced for a new one at the first signs of any problems (no matter it's still working fine).


Edited by Andrew H - 10/6/10 at 9:46am
post #10 of 10

HI. just returned my Klipsch s4s to Aamazon after using Maximo iM 490s for a few years. The sound quality dosnt compare. As soon as I put them in for the first time i was really suprised, especially after reading all the reviews on the klipsches. As per material quality, the klipsches are better, but Maximo has a liftime warranty so who cares.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Klipsch Image S4 vs Maximo's imetal 590