I will be primarily listening to chiptunes, indie rock, and classical music. Who wants to stop me?
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/1/10
Related Forum Threads
- HD 25-1 ll Vocals slightly to the right? Last post on 3/4/14 at 4:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V Moda m80 vs Sennheiser HD25- 1 II ? For rock and rap Last post on 2/21/14 at 1:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 II vs. V-Moda M-80 Last post on 2/18/14 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Sennheiser HD25-1 II vs Sennheiser Amperior: Comparison Review Last post on 2/8/14 at 7:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best on-ear basshead phones! Which 2 get? HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! Last post on 2/4/14 at 5:22am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
About to purchase some HD25s
Poll Results: Should I drop the cash?
16 Total Votespost #1 of 1610/1/10 at 5:32pmThread Starter
12% (2)No way man! You are making the worst decision of your life!
87% (14)Eh, go for it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1610/1/10 at 5:38pmpost #3 of 1610/1/10 at 7:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1610/2/10 at 1:00am
I voted against. I bought some of those things, thinking they'd be great. But then they arrived and I put them on my head.
Talk about looking like a right basket case.
If you're listening at home, go for it.
If you're going out in public, don't.post #5 of 1610/2/10 at 1:29am
they last a stupidly long time, you get spares instead of replacing the whole thing. only negative i can think of is that the price of [genuine] spares has gone through the roof for some reason (i'm seeing £45 for a new cable when i used to pay £15), but provided you don't abuse the cable they will last you, i know of people who have had them over a decade. so despite the cost of senny spares it still works out most economical.
have to disagree with bennyboy71 - these are ideal for outdoor / portable use as they're closed, & who cares about what they look like? they're not meant to be fashion phones. they don't look THAT bad, more like serious equipment.
you might want a set of open cans also, as these can get a little tiring after long usage (the bass from the closed cups, the clamping of the headband...). it's just nice to change / compare closed / open (& open cans are better for at home imo).post #6 of 1610/2/10 at 1:59am
bennyboy71, you did not deserve those HD25-1. If you looked like a basket case, it was not the fault of the heaphones... And I see these on TV all the time when I am watching sports. All the commentators have them on. They are famous!post #7 of 1610/2/10 at 2:09ampost #8 of 1610/2/10 at 7:43amThread Starterpost #9 of 1610/2/10 at 7:44amThread Starterpost #10 of 1610/2/10 at 8:30am
It fluctuates. I paid $120 for my HD25-1 I, but that was 6 years ago. You can get the HD25-1 II from Ebay for $155. With the HD25-1, you are paying for a very well built headphone that will last a lifetime. The drivers can handle a lot of power and they can go very loud. But very loud or very quiet, these headphones do not distort and sound excellent throught. The isolation is another thing you are paying. I am using my HD25-1 more than any IEM these days.
post #11 of 1610/2/10 at 12:31pm
I just got mine today, what has been stopping me before was because I already had a pair of HD 25 SP. I was listening to a CD at the HMV shop today with a pair of HD 25 there and decided I really should just get them, and I did.
Edited by Danz03 - 10/2/10 at 12:33pmpost #12 of 1610/2/10 at 2:31pm
They are truly awesome cans. I use mine every day on the bus and feel like they would last forever. Best build quality I've seen.
Sound quality wise, they easily hang with my HD600. I wonder how they sound out of a nice amp. I've heard they scale very well.
Edited by Aizura - 10/2/10 at 2:36pmpost #13 of 1610/2/10 at 2:47pmpost #14 of 1610/2/10 at 3:52pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- About to purchase some HD25s
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Astell & Kern AK10 portable DAC and amp 43 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › Darth Beyer Extra Deep V3XD w/ Royal Mahogany Cups (Price Reduction) 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by gelocks
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude