I will be primarily listening to chiptunes, indie rock, and classical music. Who wants to stop me?
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/1/10
Related Forum Threads
- Have an on-the-ear set, looking for a over-the-ear set Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- choose my next headphones, bassy (not too much) Last post on 1/31/15 at 2:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 25 1 II Last post on 4/29/15 at 5:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- If I like the sound of Senn HD 25-1ii, which iem? Last post on 11/21/14 at 11:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from a Sennheiser HD25-1 II to the Shure SRH1540. Worth it? Last post on 11/18/14 at 6:33am in Headphones (full-size)
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
About to purchase some HD25s
Poll Results: Should I drop the cash?
12% (2)No way man! You are making the worst decision of your life!
87% (14)Eh, go for it.
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I voted against. I bought some of those things, thinking they'd be great. But then they arrived and I put them on my head.
Talk about looking like a right basket case.
If you're listening at home, go for it.
If you're going out in public, don't.
they last a stupidly long time, you get spares instead of replacing the whole thing. only negative i can think of is that the price of [genuine] spares has gone through the roof for some reason (i'm seeing £45 for a new cable when i used to pay £15), but provided you don't abuse the cable they will last you, i know of people who have had them over a decade. so despite the cost of senny spares it still works out most economical.
have to disagree with bennyboy71 - these are ideal for outdoor / portable use as they're closed, & who cares about what they look like? they're not meant to be fashion phones. they don't look THAT bad, more like serious equipment.
you might want a set of open cans also, as these can get a little tiring after long usage (the bass from the closed cups, the clamping of the headband...). it's just nice to change / compare closed / open (& open cans are better for at home imo).
bennyboy71, you did not deserve those HD25-1. If you looked like a basket case, it was not the fault of the heaphones... And I see these on TV all the time when I am watching sports. All the commentators have them on. They are famous!
It fluctuates. I paid $120 for my HD25-1 I, but that was 6 years ago. You can get the HD25-1 II from Ebay for $155. With the HD25-1, you are paying for a very well built headphone that will last a lifetime. The drivers can handle a lot of power and they can go very loud. But very loud or very quiet, these headphones do not distort and sound excellent throught. The isolation is another thing you are paying. I am using my HD25-1 more than any IEM these days.
I just got mine today, what has been stopping me before was because I already had a pair of HD 25 SP. I was listening to a CD at the HMV shop today with a pair of HD 25 there and decided I really should just get them, and I did.
Edited by Danz03 - 10/2/10 at 12:33pm
They are truly awesome cans. I use mine every day on the bus and feel like they would last forever. Best build quality I've seen.
Sound quality wise, they easily hang with my HD600. I wonder how they sound out of a nice amp. I've heard they scale very well.
Edited by Aizura - 10/2/10 at 2:36pm
- About to purchase some HD25s
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (#8, #7, #6 reviewed, 5... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 4 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Portable Amp/DAC 8 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 8 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 13 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)