I will be primarily listening to chiptunes, indie rock, and classical music. Who wants to stop me?
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 10/1/10
Related Forum Threads
- Buying advice: ESW9 or HFI-780 (after I disliked the MDR1's) Last post on 12/5/13 at 5:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Been out of the loop for awhile, need recommendations on PHA... Presently own RSA Last post on 12/2/13 at 11:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Should I return the Galaxy S4? Last post on 12/7/13 at 8:37am in Portable Source Gear
- RSA "The Intruder" or ALO "The International" or "Other" ??? Last post on 12/7/13 at 8:08am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Searching a new MP3 player Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
About to purchase some HD25s
Poll Results: Should I drop the cash?
16 Total Votespost #1 of 1610/1/10 at 5:32pmThread Starter
12% (2)No way man! You are making the worst decision of your life!
87% (14)Eh, go for it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1610/1/10 at 5:38pmpost #3 of 1610/1/10 at 7:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 1610/2/10 at 1:00am
I voted against. I bought some of those things, thinking they'd be great. But then they arrived and I put them on my head.
Talk about looking like a right basket case.
If you're listening at home, go for it.
If you're going out in public, don't.post #5 of 1610/2/10 at 1:29am
they last a stupidly long time, you get spares instead of replacing the whole thing. only negative i can think of is that the price of [genuine] spares has gone through the roof for some reason (i'm seeing £45 for a new cable when i used to pay £15), but provided you don't abuse the cable they will last you, i know of people who have had them over a decade. so despite the cost of senny spares it still works out most economical.
have to disagree with bennyboy71 - these are ideal for outdoor / portable use as they're closed, & who cares about what they look like? they're not meant to be fashion phones. they don't look THAT bad, more like serious equipment.
you might want a set of open cans also, as these can get a little tiring after long usage (the bass from the closed cups, the clamping of the headband...). it's just nice to change / compare closed / open (& open cans are better for at home imo).post #6 of 1610/2/10 at 1:59am
bennyboy71, you did not deserve those HD25-1. If you looked like a basket case, it was not the fault of the heaphones... And I see these on TV all the time when I am watching sports. All the commentators have them on. They are famous!post #7 of 1610/2/10 at 2:09ampost #8 of 1610/2/10 at 7:43amThread Starterpost #9 of 1610/2/10 at 7:44amThread Starterpost #10 of 1610/2/10 at 8:30am
It fluctuates. I paid $120 for my HD25-1 I, but that was 6 years ago. You can get the HD25-1 II from Ebay for $155. With the HD25-1, you are paying for a very well built headphone that will last a lifetime. The drivers can handle a lot of power and they can go very loud. But very loud or very quiet, these headphones do not distort and sound excellent throught. The isolation is another thing you are paying. I am using my HD25-1 more than any IEM these days.
post #11 of 1610/2/10 at 12:31pm
I just got mine today, what has been stopping me before was because I already had a pair of HD 25 SP. I was listening to a CD at the HMV shop today with a pair of HD 25 there and decided I really should just get them, and I did.
Edited by Danz03 - 10/2/10 at 12:33pmpost #12 of 1610/2/10 at 2:31pm
They are truly awesome cans. I use mine every day on the bus and feel like they would last forever. Best build quality I've seen.
Sound quality wise, they easily hang with my HD600. I wonder how they sound out of a nice amp. I've heard they scale very well.
Edited by Aizura - 10/2/10 at 2:36pmpost #13 of 1610/2/10 at 2:47pmpost #14 of 1610/2/10 at 3:52pmThread StarterReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- About to purchase some HD25s
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Gigabyte P34G good gaming laptop???? 24 seconds ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 28 seconds ago
- › Looking for recommendations for a new headphone 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Review (and comparison with HD600 and K701) 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Lehmann Audio's Linear USB 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi & Sennheiser USA Holiday Giveaway 1 minute ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for new Full Sized headphones 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe