Hello DIY'ers - 2 requests.
I am hoping to spend about $50-$60 total for these two requests - feel free to tell me to go suck eggs if i am low balling, given what i am requesting.
1.Can someone make me an Ipod touch (3rd gen) LOD for around $40
Here is what I have in mind
- total CORD length - twenty four inches (2 feet)
- copper or black cable color - copper color preferred
- cable doesnt need to be a super cryo pure silver, dipped in holy water blah blah blah.. just something sturdy that wont break and isnt crap.
- braided like the ibasso or the super slim lod shown below would be nice but not necessary
- quality copper or silver plated copper wire is fine.
- i dont want the cord to be stiff.. it should be able to wrap it around my hand. strength and durability are important though
- this ibasso (right photo) has a nice cord..if that braided style could be done flexibly and still be braided, that would be perfect
- overall durability is a must.
- black low profile ipod plug if possible - similar or the same as the fiio or super slim lod shown below. i dont want the cord coming out the side though. i would want it coming out the back like the fiio
- the 1/8" plug should be as short as possible.. the super slim (middle photo) is great..that length without the angle would be even better. angled would be ok but not preferred
- the overall idea is to use this with an ipod touch/JH3A - to make both plugs as low profile and slim as possible so they dont stick out much at all, and to have an overall good quality, durable LOD that will last.
- as far as slimness, this one looks good, but i wouldnt want the cord coming out of the side, or the angled plug.
so to summarize - transplant the fiio's ipod pin adaptor, the super slim's 1/8" adaptor (or straight plug with super small size), the ibasso's cord type and style but longer, and thats what i want.
another way to put this is take the ibasso, make both adaptor ends about half their lengths, and lengthen the cord.
2. headphone cord fix
i have a pair of sennheiser px100 and the 1/8" plug has broken. I have chopped it off so the end is just the wire. I need someone to put a new 1/8 plug on it. something slim similar to the original would be ideal. an angled plug, as long as its not bulky, would be best.
I will pay shipping both ways.
Edited by Br777 - 10/2/10 at 11:59am