I am wondering whether any IEM combines the mid-centric, balanced sound signature of the RE-Zero with the awesome soundstage of the IE8. Is there anything that comes close?
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEM for Classical Under 100 Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacement eartips suggestions (3flange?) Last post on 11/10/12 at 1:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My wallet is tired of return fees. Please help advise me on an IEM under $100 Last post on 11/4/12 at 12:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Is there any IEM that sounds like the RE-Zero but has a wider soundstage?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hmm, well, I would say that my SM-3 with modded filter comes close to my RE-252 balance, with added warmth (but way less than IE8) and a wide soundstage. But still, they are quite different.
Hmm, the RE-ZERO isn't bad for sound stage, slightly forward maybe but good depth and size. I don't have a suggestion for you for something that sounds like the RE-ZERO with a wider sound stage. I'd suggest the Klipsch Custom 3 as an option with a better sound stage that also happens to be well balanced. The sound stage of the Custom 3 is quite good.
RE-Zero with a sound stage close to the IE8 does not exist. The best you can probably do is if you have a good EQ like BBE or rockbox you can change some settings to increase the stage.
I haven't had much success in increasing the soundstage of the RE-Zero by EQ-ing, so I've pumped up the mids on the IE8 instead. I'm still testing it out, but this is my favorite setup so far. Here is how I have it set:
Lowest bass adjustment setting;
Hz -- dB
32 -- 0
64 -- 0
125 -- 0
250 -- 0
500 -- +3
1k -- +8
2k -- +8
4k -- +3
8k -- 0
16k -- 0
- Is there any IEM that sounds like the RE-Zero but has a wider soundstage?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › "The Lab" just now
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 1 minute ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 1 minute ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › In the market for new IEMs under $200 5 minutes ago
- › Suitable Over ear cans for using on an airplane - NON NC 5 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2