I am wondering whether any IEM combines the mid-centric, balanced sound signature of the RE-Zero with the awesome soundstage of the IE8. Is there anything that comes close?
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEM for Classical Under 100 Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacement eartips suggestions (3flange?) Last post on 11/10/12 at 1:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My wallet is tired of return fees. Please help advise me on an IEM under $100 Last post on 11/4/12 at 12:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Is there any IEM that sounds like the RE-Zero but has a wider soundstage?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hmm, well, I would say that my SM-3 with modded filter comes close to my RE-252 balance, with added warmth (but way less than IE8) and a wide soundstage. But still, they are quite different.
Hmm, the RE-ZERO isn't bad for sound stage, slightly forward maybe but good depth and size. I don't have a suggestion for you for something that sounds like the RE-ZERO with a wider sound stage. I'd suggest the Klipsch Custom 3 as an option with a better sound stage that also happens to be well balanced. The sound stage of the Custom 3 is quite good.
RE-Zero with a sound stage close to the IE8 does not exist. The best you can probably do is if you have a good EQ like BBE or rockbox you can change some settings to increase the stage.
I haven't had much success in increasing the soundstage of the RE-Zero by EQ-ing, so I've pumped up the mids on the IE8 instead. I'm still testing it out, but this is my favorite setup so far. Here is how I have it set:
Lowest bass adjustment setting;
Hz -- dB
32 -- 0
64 -- 0
125 -- 0
250 -- 0
500 -- +3
1k -- +8
2k -- +8
4k -- +3
8k -- 0
16k -- 0
- Is there any IEM that sounds like the RE-Zero but has a wider soundstage?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Classical musician and music lover trying to decide between... 24 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic t70 dual entry modded PICS ADDED IN THREAD 34 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 40 seconds ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 52 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 1 minute ago
- › Looking for new Full Sized headphones 1 minute ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 1 minute ago
- › New Ultrasone Edition 5 hinted in the Fujiya Avice Autumn Festival... 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 2 minutes ago
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe