I am wondering whether any IEM combines the mid-centric, balanced sound signature of the RE-Zero with the awesome soundstage of the IE8. Is there anything that comes close?
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEM for Classical Under 100 Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacement eartips suggestions (3flange?) Last post on 11/10/12 at 1:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My wallet is tired of return fees. Please help advise me on an IEM under $100 Last post on 11/4/12 at 12:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Is there any IEM that sounds like the RE-Zero but has a wider soundstage?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hmm, well, I would say that my SM-3 with modded filter comes close to my RE-252 balance, with added warmth (but way less than IE8) and a wide soundstage. But still, they are quite different.
Hmm, the RE-ZERO isn't bad for sound stage, slightly forward maybe but good depth and size. I don't have a suggestion for you for something that sounds like the RE-ZERO with a wider sound stage. I'd suggest the Klipsch Custom 3 as an option with a better sound stage that also happens to be well balanced. The sound stage of the Custom 3 is quite good.
RE-Zero with a sound stage close to the IE8 does not exist. The best you can probably do is if you have a good EQ like BBE or rockbox you can change some settings to increase the stage.
I haven't had much success in increasing the soundstage of the RE-Zero by EQ-ing, so I've pumped up the mids on the IE8 instead. I'm still testing it out, but this is my favorite setup so far. Here is how I have it set:
Lowest bass adjustment setting;
Hz -- dB
32 -- 0
64 -- 0
125 -- 0
250 -- 0
500 -- +3
1k -- +8
2k -- +8
4k -- +3
8k -- 0
16k -- 0
- Is there any IEM that sounds like the RE-Zero but has a wider soundstage?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 13 seconds ago
- › Help me choose headphones for under $300! 40 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 49 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 2 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for Progressive Metal/Djent? 2 minutes ago
- › How can my computer make a better quality sound? 4 minutes ago
- › Grado wood makers & sellers thread 5 minutes ago
- › Suggest me a headphone under 150 $ 5 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)