I am wondering whether any IEM combines the mid-centric, balanced sound signature of the RE-Zero with the awesome soundstage of the IE8. Is there anything that comes close?
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEM for Classical Under 100 Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacement eartips suggestions (3flange?) Last post on 11/10/12 at 1:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My wallet is tired of return fees. Please help advise me on an IEM under $100 Last post on 11/4/12 at 12:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This review is from earphonia.com Re-posted on headfi to share to impressions http://earphonia.com/earphone-cables/effect-audio-iem-cable-thor-silver-ii-lightning-strikes As a lot of...
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Is there any IEM that sounds like the RE-Zero but has a wider soundstage?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 79/29/10 at 2:52pm
Hmm, well, I would say that my SM-3 with modded filter comes close to my RE-252 balance, with added warmth (but way less than IE8) and a wide soundstage. But still, they are quite different.post #3 of 79/29/10 at 3:39pm
Hmm, the RE-ZERO isn't bad for sound stage, slightly forward maybe but good depth and size. I don't have a suggestion for you for something that sounds like the RE-ZERO with a wider sound stage. I'd suggest the Klipsch Custom 3 as an option with a better sound stage that also happens to be well balanced. The sound stage of the Custom 3 is quite good.post #4 of 79/30/10 at 6:32amThread Starterpost #5 of 79/30/10 at 6:34am
RE-Zero with a sound stage close to the IE8 does not exist. The best you can probably do is if you have a good EQ like BBE or rockbox you can change some settings to increase the stage.post #6 of 79/30/10 at 6:54ampost #7 of 710/14/10 at 11:00amThread Starter
I haven't had much success in increasing the soundstage of the RE-Zero by EQ-ing, so I've pumped up the mids on the IE8 instead. I'm still testing it out, but this is my favorite setup so far. Here is how I have it set:
Lowest bass adjustment setting;
Hz -- dB
32 -- 0
64 -- 0
125 -- 0
250 -- 0
500 -- +3
1k -- +8
2k -- +8
4k -- +3
8k -- 0
16k -- 0Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there any IEM that sounds like the RE-Zero but has a wider soundstage?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400 58 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of... 2 minutes ago
- › Why the Beats Hate? 3 minutes ago
- › Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 Reviews 7 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 7 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear