I am wondering whether any IEM combines the mid-centric, balanced sound signature of the RE-Zero with the awesome soundstage of the IE8. Is there anything that comes close?
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for under $100? Last post on 7/30/13 at 5:52am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEM for Classical Under 100 Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacement eartips suggestions (3flange?) Last post on 11/10/12 at 1:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My wallet is tired of return fees. Please help advise me on an IEM under $100 Last post on 11/4/12 at 12:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
-Audio The Nucleus Headphone Amplifier/Preamp “Great Sound for the Masses” By Cesar Gutierrez - Audiophile December 2014 It is always exiting to discover and learn about new companies in...
Background So the technology behind the ear cups are quite interesting. This headphone is marketed towards teenagers for the "Bass Sensation". The headphone has a slider on thhe left ear cup, and...
Introduction and Design I picked up the Woodphones 10 months ago, so I've had quite a bit of experience with them in my collection. Despite me having sold off most of my closed headphone...
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Is there any IEM that sounds like the RE-Zero but has a wider soundstage?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hmm, well, I would say that my SM-3 with modded filter comes close to my RE-252 balance, with added warmth (but way less than IE8) and a wide soundstage. But still, they are quite different.
Hmm, the RE-ZERO isn't bad for sound stage, slightly forward maybe but good depth and size. I don't have a suggestion for you for something that sounds like the RE-ZERO with a wider sound stage. I'd suggest the Klipsch Custom 3 as an option with a better sound stage that also happens to be well balanced. The sound stage of the Custom 3 is quite good.
RE-Zero with a sound stage close to the IE8 does not exist. The best you can probably do is if you have a good EQ like BBE or rockbox you can change some settings to increase the stage.
I haven't had much success in increasing the soundstage of the RE-Zero by EQ-ing, so I've pumped up the mids on the IE8 instead. I'm still testing it out, but this is my favorite setup so far. Here is how I have it set:
Lowest bass adjustment setting;
Hz -- dB
32 -- 0
64 -- 0
125 -- 0
250 -- 0
500 -- +3
1k -- +8
2k -- +8
4k -- +3
8k -- 0
16k -- 0
- Is there any IEM that sounds like the RE-Zero but has a wider soundstage?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Music Game IX 18 seconds ago
- › M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 57 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Etymotic ER6i 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › "The Nucleus" by che15
- › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size by DigitalGrounder
- › Woodphones - by Blake Graham by SanjiWatsuki
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)