Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cowon D3 - We have contact...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cowon D3 - We have contact... - Page 3

post #31 of 380
Thread Starter 

Just to pass some time -> here is a D3 FAKE photo:

 

cdpkorea-1292299437-2.jpg

post #32 of 380

J3-ish..

post #33 of 380

I don't see anything...

post #34 of 380

Yeah, I've been checking quite a lot in the past day, haven't seen any signs of the D3 anywhere. I really want to see what it brings to the table. Hope its a nice upgrade from the D2/D2+.

post #35 of 380

Unless, Cowon released the 3D in place of the D3...

post #36 of 380
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by violinvirtuoso View Post

Unless, Cowon released the 3D in place of the D3...



Could be :(

post #37 of 380

thanks for the info. I am a cowon fan also,had i7 D2,D2+, and now i am enjoying the I9.

the D2 is in my opinion the best player so far because it has it all..great battery life,great sound and an expandable memory,and it is also small and portable.   

I can't wait for the D3 to come..waiting for it for a long time.  I wish that it will have a line out for using with an external amp,i think it wil be a big selling point for cowon.  (digital out is even better..or both :)   )

post #38 of 380
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plonter View Post

thanks for the info. I am a cowon fan also,had i7 D2,D2+, and now i am enjoying the I9.

the D2 is in my opinion the best player so far because it has it all..great battery life,great sound and an expandable memory,and it is also small and portable.   

I can't wait for the D3 to come..waiting for it for a long time.  I wish that it will have a line out for using with an external amp,i think it wil be a big selling point for cowon.  (digital out is even better..or both :)   )



Can't wait too, but do not be too optimistic on the LO and the digital-out, because we already expected this for the X7, since the X5 had a LO... well the X7 has no LO. While reading through some Korean forums, which I do not understand, but somehow google does... There were some rumors about hdmi and 1080p. The V5 has HDMI too and if they use the same tec on the D3, we might get SPDIF on the D3. At this point, this still seems kind of unrealistic.

 

What actually is PLENUE: http://www.plenue.com/intro_plenue.html

 

EDIT:

 

PLENUE is a new line of Android based Cowon products. It should start in december with a premium mp3/pmp, which I think is the D3. link: http://translate.google.at/translate?hl=de&sl=ko&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkr.engadget.com%2F2010%2F12%2F21%2Fplenue%2F%3Futm_source%3Dtwitterfeed%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter


Edited by RAFA - 12/22/10 at 3:04am
post #39 of 380

Just read the following news brief on Advanced MP3 Players.
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/info/AMP3NEWS.151.html

Quote:

Cowon D3 – Finally!

The long rumoured successor to the ever popular D2 & D2+ players has finally been announced by Cowon!

While some of Cowon's past players have used Linux (such as the O2) and Windows CE (Q5 and V5), the D3 represents the first player from Cowon to adopt the Google Android operation system that has revolutionised the mobile phone and tablet market.

Initially shipping with Android 2.1, the Cowon D3 will also feature built in Wifi and Bluetooth support and it will sport a 3.7" AMOLED high resolution 800x480 pixerl display with a capacitive touch screen which makes a great improvement from the low-res 2.5" LCD display and resistive touch screen in its predecessor.

With the sound quality you would expect from a Cowon player the D3 will also play most video media you care to throw at it. The players are expected to be available in 8, 16 and 32GB memory sizes with a microSD card slot to expand the memory further.

Keep an eye out on our website for more information as soon as we receive it and for preordering.

 

Android 2.1 | 3.7" AMOLED 800x480 Capacitive | Wifi | Bluetooth | 8GB / 16GB / 32GB | microSD

post #40 of 380
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpintps View Post

Just read the following news brief on Advanced MP3 Players.
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/info/AMP3NEWS.151.html

Quote:

Cowon D3 – Finally!

The long rumoured successor to the ever popular D2 & D2+ players has finally been announced by Cowon!

While some of Cowon's past players have used Linux (such as the O2) and Windows CE (Q5 and V5), the D3 represents the first player from Cowon to adopt the Google Android operation system that has revolutionised the mobile phone and tablet market.

Initially shipping with Android 2.1, the Cowon D3 will also feature built in Wifi and Bluetooth support and it will sport a 3.7" AMOLED high resolution 800x480 pixerl display with a capacitive touch screen which makes a great improvement from the low-res 2.5" LCD display and resistive touch screen in its predecessor.

With the sound quality you would expect from a Cowon player the D3 will also play most video media you care to throw at it. The players are expected to be available in 8, 16 and 32GB memory sizes with a microSD card slot to expand the memory further.

Keep an eye out on our website for more information as soon as we receive it and for preordering.

 

Android 2.1 | 3.7" AMOLED 800x480 Capacitive | Wifi | Bluetooth | 8GB / 16GB / 32GB | microSD


Good news :)

post #41 of 380

Yeah, those look like some pretty decent specs. It's interesting to see if and how Cowon will modify the Android installation and how they would integrate their technologies like JetEffect and BBE with the OS. Plus, the screen using AMOLED at that resolution, should be a sight to behold.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA View Post


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpintps View Post

Just read the following news brief on Advanced MP3 Players.
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/info/AMP3NEWS.151.html

Quote:

Cowon D3 – Finally!

The long rumoured successor to the ever popular D2 & D2+ players has finally been announced by Cowon!

While some of Cowon's past players have used Linux (such as the O2) and Windows CE (Q5 and V5), the D3 represents the first player from Cowon to adopt the Google Android operation system that has revolutionised the mobile phone and tablet market.

Initially shipping with Android 2.1, the Cowon D3 will also feature built in Wifi and Bluetooth support and it will sport a 3.7" AMOLED high resolution 800x480 pixerl display with a capacitive touch screen which makes a great improvement from the low-res 2.5" LCD display and resistive touch screen in its predecessor.

With the sound quality you would expect from a Cowon player the D3 will also play most video media you care to throw at it. The players are expected to be available in 8, 16 and 32GB memory sizes with a microSD card slot to expand the memory further.

Keep an eye out on our website for more information as soon as we receive it and for preordering.

 

Android 2.1 | 3.7" AMOLED 800x480 Capacitive | Wifi | Bluetooth | 8GB / 16GB / 32GB | microSD


Good news :)

post #42 of 380

Hopefully  this launch when I have money to buy the 16GB or the 32GB version to replace the old and discontinued up brick. This will work in tandem with my Galaxy Vibrant as my daily music/media drivers.

post #43 of 380

As long as Cowon makes a UI as good as the J3 (hopefully better), this should replace my iTouch 2G. 

post #44 of 380

Looking forward to see what this actually looks like.

post #45 of 380

Things seem to be actually moving. Will hopefully be a interesting player.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Cowon D3 - We have contact...