I recently bought a pair of Sony MDR NC-60s but am disappointed in the sound quality and feedback from the NC. I am considering buying a pair of Soundmagic PL50s instead - how might the isolation compare to the Sony's NC for taking the underground to and from work?
Related Forum Threads
- Help Deciding Between a Couple New IEMS Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for $300? Last post on 7/16/10 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Jessica Alba's IEMs Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure IEM installation shenanigans Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM isolation vs. active noise cancelling?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was always a hi end home audio guy. I sort of fell into the IEM addiction on accident. I had Bose noise canceling headphones for years for long international flights I tend to take often. They worked wonders for fatigue. It may be just be, but when I landed I would be exhausted without them even if I slept.
I forgot them on a trip once and ended up buying Shure 310's. Oddly enough, while less sound made it to my eardrum, I don't feel as though they were as good an option as the Bose for fatigue, but still totally acceptable. I'm sure a lot of this is just my brain playing games with me, but just my opinion. However, they are still totally acceptable from a fatigue perspective. I've gone so far as to use both at the same time.
In any event, for noise isolation and extended use, I prefer foam tips. Id suggest either the Shure Olives, or the Monster SuperTips. I've tried everything and I'm a huge fan of the Monster Supertips now. Don't waste your time on the Comply Tips, they destroyed the sound quality for me, at least on my Sennheiser IE8s.
One other thing to consider is the size of your ear canal. I'm blessed, I have pretty large canals and can fit a small child in them. But, my girlfriend has tiny canals and I bought her a pair of monster coppers that didn't fit at all. Shure's have tiny tips and can fit in her ear just fine.
Edited by joesuburb - 9/27/10 at 9:11am
- IEM isolation vs. active noise cancelling?
- › Band Name Game II 9 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 13 seconds ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 16 seconds ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 28 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 1 minute ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Balancing Act 2 minutes ago
- › Lampizator Level 7 DAC with world class analog active volume control 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2