I recently bought a pair of Sony MDR NC-60s but am disappointed in the sound quality and feedback from the NC. I am considering buying a pair of Soundmagic PL50s instead - how might the isolation compare to the Sony's NC for taking the underground to and from work?
Related Forum Threads
- Help Deciding Between a Couple New IEMS Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for $300? Last post on 7/16/10 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Jessica Alba's IEMs Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure IEM installation shenanigans Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I'd watched the growth of MEE Audio over the years, first as Meelectronics, and then more recently as...
At the time this review was written, the Edifier P220 was listed for sale on Amazon. Here is a link to their listing of the...
I loved these Bluetooth earphones,was pme of my best buys, I got them for a shade under $30 at https://www.chinavasion.com/. The earphones come with a bag of silicon clips and different size...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM isolation vs. active noise cancelling?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was always a hi end home audio guy. I sort of fell into the IEM addiction on accident. I had Bose noise canceling headphones for years for long international flights I tend to take often. They worked wonders for fatigue. It may be just be, but when I landed I would be exhausted without them even if I slept.
I forgot them on a trip once and ended up buying Shure 310's. Oddly enough, while less sound made it to my eardrum, I don't feel as though they were as good an option as the Bose for fatigue, but still totally acceptable. I'm sure a lot of this is just my brain playing games with me, but just my opinion. However, they are still totally acceptable from a fatigue perspective. I've gone so far as to use both at the same time.
In any event, for noise isolation and extended use, I prefer foam tips. Id suggest either the Shure Olives, or the Monster SuperTips. I've tried everything and I'm a huge fan of the Monster Supertips now. Don't waste your time on the Comply Tips, they destroyed the sound quality for me, at least on my Sennheiser IE8s.
One other thing to consider is the size of your ear canal. I'm blessed, I have pretty large canals and can fit a small child in them. But, my girlfriend has tiny canals and I bought her a pair of monster coppers that didn't fit at all. Shure's have tiny tips and can fit in her ear just fine.
Edited by joesuburb - 9/27/10 at 9:11am
- IEM isolation vs. active noise cancelling?
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 38 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 50 seconds ago
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 2 minutes ago
- › The Etymotics HF5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 Impressions Thread (August 13-14, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 8 minutes ago
- › Samsung Note 7 - just around the corner , audiophile phone? 8 minutes ago
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...