I recently bought a pair of Sony MDR NC-60s but am disappointed in the sound quality and feedback from the NC. I am considering buying a pair of Soundmagic PL50s instead - how might the isolation compare to the Sony's NC for taking the underground to and from work?
Related Forum Threads
- Help Deciding Between a Couple New IEMS Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for $300? Last post on 7/16/10 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Jessica Alba's IEMs Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure IEM installation shenanigans Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I’ll be honest. When I was offered a review unit of the Turbines, I was not really looking forward to reviewing them. The CGI render of the Turbines that Ghostek commonly uses for promotion...
Review: Cleer DU High Definition Dual-Driver Headphone Introduction It was a brisk day in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I attended AXPONA, which is the Audio Expo North...
The ED9 is overall a good and very funny iem from China. build + design: The metal housing shows confidence and it looks like it won't break for a long time. I did like the looks...
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM isolation vs. active noise cancelling?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was always a hi end home audio guy. I sort of fell into the IEM addiction on accident. I had Bose noise canceling headphones for years for long international flights I tend to take often. They worked wonders for fatigue. It may be just be, but when I landed I would be exhausted without them even if I slept.
I forgot them on a trip once and ended up buying Shure 310's. Oddly enough, while less sound made it to my eardrum, I don't feel as though they were as good an option as the Bose for fatigue, but still totally acceptable. I'm sure a lot of this is just my brain playing games with me, but just my opinion. However, they are still totally acceptable from a fatigue perspective. I've gone so far as to use both at the same time.
In any event, for noise isolation and extended use, I prefer foam tips. Id suggest either the Shure Olives, or the Monster SuperTips. I've tried everything and I'm a huge fan of the Monster Supertips now. Don't waste your time on the Comply Tips, they destroyed the sound quality for me, at least on my Sennheiser IE8s.
One other thing to consider is the size of your ear canal. I'm blessed, I have pretty large canals and can fit a small child in them. But, my girlfriend has tiny canals and I bought her a pair of monster coppers that didn't fit at all. Shure's have tiny tips and can fit in her ear just fine.
Edited by joesuburb - 9/27/10 at 9:11am
- IEM isolation vs. active noise cancelling?
- › LZ-A2s impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Digital Coax -> Digital XLR possible? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Has someone tried the LG HiFi Plus? 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Marshall's new cans, the Monitor headphones 6 minutes ago
- › will this work? Fiio X1 stacked with a Fiio e12 with this 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...