I recently bought a pair of Sony MDR NC-60s but am disappointed in the sound quality and feedback from the NC. I am considering buying a pair of Soundmagic PL50s instead - how might the isolation compare to the Sony's NC for taking the underground to and from work?
Related Forum Threads
- Help Deciding Between a Couple New IEMS Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for $300? Last post on 7/16/10 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Jessica Alba's IEMs Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure IEM installation shenanigans Last post on 7/29/12 at 5:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/ibasso-it03-review/ I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory and they...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/jomo-samba-pro-audio-ciem-review/ Jomo Audio is a Singapore local company that crafts in ear earphones that sound and...
Elephone Whisper Noise Cancelling Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review...
Disclaimer: These headphones were sent to me thanks to the Oppo loaner program. They have since been returned and sent to the next reviewer. Want a headphone that sounds excellent, is easy...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
IEM isolation vs. active noise cancelling?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was always a hi end home audio guy. I sort of fell into the IEM addiction on accident. I had Bose noise canceling headphones for years for long international flights I tend to take often. They worked wonders for fatigue. It may be just be, but when I landed I would be exhausted without them even if I slept.
I forgot them on a trip once and ended up buying Shure 310's. Oddly enough, while less sound made it to my eardrum, I don't feel as though they were as good an option as the Bose for fatigue, but still totally acceptable. I'm sure a lot of this is just my brain playing games with me, but just my opinion. However, they are still totally acceptable from a fatigue perspective. I've gone so far as to use both at the same time.
In any event, for noise isolation and extended use, I prefer foam tips. Id suggest either the Shure Olives, or the Monster SuperTips. I've tried everything and I'm a huge fan of the Monster Supertips now. Don't waste your time on the Comply Tips, they destroyed the sound quality for me, at least on my Sennheiser IE8s.
One other thing to consider is the size of your ear canal. I'm blessed, I have pretty large canals and can fit a small child in them. But, my girlfriend has tiny canals and I bought her a pair of monster coppers that didn't fit at all. Shure's have tiny tips and can fit in her ear just fine.
Edited by joesuburb - 9/27/10 at 9:11am
- IEM isolation vs. active noise cancelling?
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 10 minutes ago
- › New Koss UR42i! 10 minutes ago
- › Looking for advice on some closed headphones for the office 11 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 13 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 14 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...