The Fischer Audio DBA-02 seem like the most popular IEM's on this forum. How is it then that there is hardly any mention of it anywhere else on the internet. I know this question might sound blasphemous to most of the users on this forum but I was just curious?
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comparison -- Russia-China Showdown: DBA-02 vs. GR07 Last post on 2/28/13 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Stateside Last post on 11/19/10 at 10:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Lost my Fischer Audio's DBA-02, do i get IE8 Last post on 9/10/10 at 10:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good clear IEM without amp. Last post on 9/9/10 at 8:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Curious observation about the DBA-02
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's simple really. They are marketed towards a niche market outside of Russia. I believe in Russia they have some stores that have Fischer Audio products but I do not know what the market in Russia is like so I may be wrong. You don't hear DBA-02 or many Fischer Audio products outside of forums such as this is because they are not widely available since FA is a very small company with limited resources and can't provide as much stock as some large companies may be able to provide. Outside of forums like this I can't imagine there being any information on them.
Well there is information out on them in other forums especially the Russian ones if you can read that. One thing you have to understand is that head-fi is probably the largest headphone and earphone forum on the internet. There's more information on many earphones here than other earphone related forums.
yep, rawrster basically got it right. The two main reasons are (1) they are harder to come by outside of Russia (but you can easily pick them up in many big superstore in the Russian cities). I mean, there are only like 5~6 dealers in the whole world, and out of them the one that do international shipping are mostly 1~5 persons based companies that have another day job of their own. (2) FA is itself a small, regional-oriented company. They never thought of selling outside of Russia before they approached Head-fi less than a year ago. In fact, all they wanted to do is to get some review done in order to promote the brand in Russia. It is the interest we generated here that make them decide to sell their products internationally. For a company that has less than a year experience on international market, I'll say they are doing alright. They would have been better if they can manufacture faster, but they probably don't want to risk too much money in one hand of poker.
Edited by ClieOS - 9/26/10 at 10:30pm
No advertising on the US airwaves = wont be purchased by 99.99% of the others who are interested in buying headphones. Fischer Audio does not advertise at all on TV or Radio like Bose and Monster do.
Its a good thing, because if they did and had a sudden massive influx of pre orders or buyers interested in the DBA02 for example, you'd have to wait months perhaps years longer just to get yours
The reseller in scandinavia don't have them on their website and didn't even bother to answer my mail when I wanted to purchase the DBA-02 2 months ago. With this kind of attitude it won't be any easier.
The DBA-02 is popular because it is new. Every new product gets its couple months of fame before it settles down into its place in the mix.
What's unique to Fischer being a small company is that they have little overhead and little added cost to their products. Pricing is automatically competitive even at their retail versus other companies street pricing. This makes Fischer's products very attractive. It certainly helps that they have a few good products in their lineup as well. The Eterna and Silver Bullet are great budget level products and the DBA-02 is a very competitive dual BA driver IEM. A good sound at a good price is always a hit.
I may or may not call the DBA-02 the most popular, but there is certainly a lot of interest in the earphone. I think the HJE900 is the more popular one these days. The DBA-02 is the most intriguing though. People won't really have a good understanding of what it offers until there is a sizable level of group information on the product. Right now there are only a small group of people who own one and only a small portion of that group writing any reviews. It's hard for a person to understand how it sounds until enough people provide enough information. For example, it took quite some time to amass enough info from enough people for me to even get an understanding of what the SM3 had to offer and if it was or was not what I might be intersted in trying. It'll be the same with the DBA-02.
First off, I'm not sure the DBAs are really THAT popular. Considering the short supply and relatively few owners I think a lot of discussion is about ordering, supply stock and tip selection since they are finicky. The other consideration is that the DBAs really are that good for those that are able to hear them as such. When an IEM is able to convert so many dynamic driver fans and so many whatever driver fans, that's worth considering. This is the only BA IEM left in my inventory for a reason.
Where did you get this information? I can safely say (as an FA dealer) that nobody involved with FA has ever sent money to anyone involved with administrating this forum.
Samples have been sent to some forum members not affiliated with Head-Fi's management or with the forum at all. That's the extent of any incentives that have been given. I'll also add that there's never been any pressure from myself or FA on the reviewers to provide good reviews.
If you're asking for my personal opinion, I'm actually one who does not believe in buying your way out on this forum - I've experienced first hand what 'corruption' occurs from it and I want no part in it whatsoever.
As for Monster hatred - I beg to differ. The Turbine Pro series has been very well regarded here, even by Jude, who would be the first person affected by any paychecks from companies (which I suppose would include Monster). It's just some of their other work some people don't find too hot. And the whole HDMI cable thing - readers of this forum are generally more tech savvy and know to go to the dollar store for their HDMI cables.
Their website is a disaster...
64 headphones in 10 categories with NO DESCRIPTIONS
I can only imagine how many customers they are losing because the product listing is so unintelligible
Edited by jarrett - 10/11/10 at 9:47pm
They do have the descriptions on the Russian site, and seeing as Russia is their primary market, probably not a huge number.
- Curious observation about the DBA-02
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Why do certain audio tracks sound "jarring" even at low volumes... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 5 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 6 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5,... 7 minutes ago
- › Naps feel great 10 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 12 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3