I know a seller on amazon has been selling refurb ie7 for awhile for $100. Has anyone purchased and can confirm they are real and arrives in good condition? Thanks
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/30/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 9/30/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 9/30/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ear tips for Ortofon E-Q7? Last post on 6/13/10 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 9/28/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are classic brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) losing their strength? Last post on 9/19/10 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which cheap earphones have the best wire? (Want to replace wire in X10) Last post on 9/6/10 at 2:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 advice please Last post on 8/5/10 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7post #1 of 149/25/10 at 7:06amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 149/25/10 at 9:55am
Find the refurb IE6 thread for people experiences. Those are from Adgtron also. They are authorized Senn refurbs so they should no different for the IE7. The price was $129 so it has dropped a bit.
EDIT: They dropped the IE8 price too. Not as much but $179 + $5 shipping is a good price!
Edited by jant71 - 9/25/10 at 9:59ampost #3 of 149/25/10 at 1:42pm
I bought a refurbished pair of IE6s and they are just fine for $60. Came in a few days after ordering so service was good. I'm not really excited about the sound signature of these - could use more defined mids and better treble - but bass is fine. But my main iems are the se535s so I can use the ie6s in situations where I don't want to use the 535s.post #4 of 1410/25/10 at 1:40pmpost #5 of 1410/25/10 at 2:04pm
i've heard a lot of people say he's legit but don't be so trusting. Personally, he never replied to any of my queries but that's not the point. Looking at a business point of view, he certainly could be involved in a more shady side. What is shocking to keep in mind is no matter how many positive feedback someone gets, he can still be a potential scammer.post #6 of 1411/23/10 at 1:57ampost #7 of 1412/18/10 at 8:28pmpost #8 of 1412/29/10 at 12:37pmQuote:
Did you ever take a chance with these? I've heard good reviews but I'd hate to have as much trouble as I've already been through with buying headphones online. Also, does anyone know what the return or repair system is for these in case they are broken when I receive them or later on?post #9 of 143/29/11 at 4:41am
I know this thread is old but note he is an authorized sennheiser Dealer so don't worry about ordering from him. He lists this in his sale lists. He would get into big trouble for falsifying that information. I ordered a pair of IE7's from him for about $94.00 before shipping $100.00 including shipping and they are genuine. They are like new as I had to burn them in took about 220 hours to burn them in. I know they are real as I own the IE8's and they are similar but different. The IE8's are more sparkly in the highs and more veiled in the mids while the IE7's are more mid centric with less bass and the highs are good but not as good at the IE8's. Good luck.post #10 of 145/21/11 at 10:19pmpost #11 of 145/22/11 at 5:18pmpost #12 of 145/22/11 at 5:21pmpost #13 of 146/21/11 at 1:13pm
I just received a pair of refurbished IE7's from Adgtron off Amazon a week ago and after 100 hrs of burn in noticed some distortion on 2 songs, one with guitar in the right channel and another a woman's voice in rt channel. I thought it was the IEM and sent an email to Adgtron about the problem and how to return. In the meantime I contacted Sennheiser and checked if Adgtron really was an authorized dealer. Two separate calls to Sennheiser confirmed he was not on their authorized list. I contacted Lee730 about it and he contacted Adgtron by email and Adgtron's response was that they buy directly from Dakmart and their rep is Michael Mandas(also a head-fi member). So I just now got off the phone with Michael and yes he is definately the rep and explained that Adgtron is the same as Dakmart, just that they use that name to sell on Amazon. Dakmart and of course Adgtron are authorized Sennheiser dealers. The refurbished Sennheiser's they sell are covered by warrantee. (With my particular problem he as well as Lee emphasized that the source was probably the cause of the distortion I was hearing which sounds just like a partically blown speaker. Whether it becomes a speaker issue or not, I feel very comfortable with the dealers and Sennheiser as to back their product and plan on buying refurbished IE8's from Dakmart soon.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 52 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Circumaural Headphones for Rock/Metal/Electronic and Gaming 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for some Quality Audiophile Headphones that will also fair... 4 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendations: Bluetooth Headphones, On-Ear/Over-Ear, Good sound... 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe