I know a seller on amazon has been selling refurb ie7 for awhile for $100. Has anyone purchased and can confirm they are real and arrives in good condition? Thanks
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/30/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 9/30/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 9/30/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ear tips for Ortofon E-Q7? Last post on 6/13/10 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 9/28/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are classic brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) losing their strength? Last post on 9/19/10 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which cheap earphones have the best wire? (Want to replace wire in X10) Last post on 9/6/10 at 2:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 advice please Last post on 8/5/10 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
BEYERDYNAMIC iDX 160 iE INTRO If you're reading this you must be a Head-Fi member or just looking at reviews for a new pair of headphones or iem’s. Let me introduce myself, my name is Adam...
Table of Contents Introduction Features and Ergonomics Sound Quality With IEMS With full-size headphones Comparisons to other audio gear For whom is this player good...
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7post #1 of 149/25/10 at 7:06amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 149/25/10 at 9:55am
Find the refurb IE6 thread for people experiences. Those are from Adgtron also. They are authorized Senn refurbs so they should no different for the IE7. The price was $129 so it has dropped a bit.
EDIT: They dropped the IE8 price too. Not as much but $179 + $5 shipping is a good price!
Edited by jant71 - 9/25/10 at 9:59ampost #3 of 149/25/10 at 1:42pm
I bought a refurbished pair of IE6s and they are just fine for $60. Came in a few days after ordering so service was good. I'm not really excited about the sound signature of these - could use more defined mids and better treble - but bass is fine. But my main iems are the se535s so I can use the ie6s in situations where I don't want to use the 535s.post #4 of 1410/25/10 at 1:40pmpost #5 of 1410/25/10 at 2:04pm
i've heard a lot of people say he's legit but don't be so trusting. Personally, he never replied to any of my queries but that's not the point. Looking at a business point of view, he certainly could be involved in a more shady side. What is shocking to keep in mind is no matter how many positive feedback someone gets, he can still be a potential scammer.post #6 of 1411/23/10 at 1:57ampost #7 of 1412/18/10 at 8:28pmpost #8 of 1412/29/10 at 12:37pmQuote:
Did you ever take a chance with these? I've heard good reviews but I'd hate to have as much trouble as I've already been through with buying headphones online. Also, does anyone know what the return or repair system is for these in case they are broken when I receive them or later on?post #9 of 143/29/11 at 4:41am
I know this thread is old but note he is an authorized sennheiser Dealer so don't worry about ordering from him. He lists this in his sale lists. He would get into big trouble for falsifying that information. I ordered a pair of IE7's from him for about $94.00 before shipping $100.00 including shipping and they are genuine. They are like new as I had to burn them in took about 220 hours to burn them in. I know they are real as I own the IE8's and they are similar but different. The IE8's are more sparkly in the highs and more veiled in the mids while the IE7's are more mid centric with less bass and the highs are good but not as good at the IE8's. Good luck.post #10 of 145/21/11 at 10:19pmpost #11 of 145/22/11 at 5:18pmpost #12 of 145/22/11 at 5:21pmpost #13 of 146/21/11 at 1:13pm
I just received a pair of refurbished IE7's from Adgtron off Amazon a week ago and after 100 hrs of burn in noticed some distortion on 2 songs, one with guitar in the right channel and another a woman's voice in rt channel. I thought it was the IEM and sent an email to Adgtron about the problem and how to return. In the meantime I contacted Sennheiser and checked if Adgtron really was an authorized dealer. Two separate calls to Sennheiser confirmed he was not on their authorized list. I contacted Lee730 about it and he contacted Adgtron by email and Adgtron's response was that they buy directly from Dakmart and their rep is Michael Mandas(also a head-fi member). So I just now got off the phone with Michael and yes he is definately the rep and explained that Adgtron is the same as Dakmart, just that they use that name to sell on Amazon. Dakmart and of course Adgtron are authorized Sennheiser dealers. The refurbished Sennheiser's they sell are covered by warrantee. (With my particular problem he as well as Lee emphasized that the source was probably the cause of the distortion I was hearing which sounds just like a partically blown speaker. Whether it becomes a speaker issue or not, I feel very comfortable with the dealers and Sennheiser as to back their product and plan on buying refurbished IE8's from Dakmart soon.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Looking For Sound Advice 47 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 51 seconds ago
- › Looking for closed back headphones and DAP for music listening and... 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › How to choose considering sound fatigue? 2 minutes ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor universal for sale amazing condition looks new... 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Boston Meet? 8 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2