I know a seller on amazon has been selling refurb ie7 for awhile for $100. Has anyone purchased and can confirm they are real and arrives in good condition? Thanks
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 9/30/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 9/30/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 9/30/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 9/30/10
Related Forum Threads
- Ear tips for Ortofon E-Q7? Last post on 6/13/10 at 12:58pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 9/28/10 at 2:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are classic brands (Shure, Sennheiser, AKG) losing their strength? Last post on 9/19/10 at 10:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which cheap earphones have the best wire? (Want to replace wire in X10) Last post on 9/6/10 at 2:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE7 advice please Last post on 8/5/10 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7post #1 of 149/25/10 at 7:06amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 149/25/10 at 9:55am
Find the refurb IE6 thread for people experiences. Those are from Adgtron also. They are authorized Senn refurbs so they should no different for the IE7. The price was $129 so it has dropped a bit.
EDIT: They dropped the IE8 price too. Not as much but $179 + $5 shipping is a good price!
Edited by jant71 - 9/25/10 at 9:59ampost #3 of 149/25/10 at 1:42pm
I bought a refurbished pair of IE6s and they are just fine for $60. Came in a few days after ordering so service was good. I'm not really excited about the sound signature of these - could use more defined mids and better treble - but bass is fine. But my main iems are the se535s so I can use the ie6s in situations where I don't want to use the 535s.post #4 of 1410/25/10 at 1:40pmpost #5 of 1410/25/10 at 2:04pm
i've heard a lot of people say he's legit but don't be so trusting. Personally, he never replied to any of my queries but that's not the point. Looking at a business point of view, he certainly could be involved in a more shady side. What is shocking to keep in mind is no matter how many positive feedback someone gets, he can still be a potential scammer.post #6 of 1411/23/10 at 1:57ampost #7 of 1412/18/10 at 8:28pmpost #8 of 1412/29/10 at 12:37pmQuote:
Did you ever take a chance with these? I've heard good reviews but I'd hate to have as much trouble as I've already been through with buying headphones online. Also, does anyone know what the return or repair system is for these in case they are broken when I receive them or later on?post #9 of 143/29/11 at 4:41am
I know this thread is old but note he is an authorized sennheiser Dealer so don't worry about ordering from him. He lists this in his sale lists. He would get into big trouble for falsifying that information. I ordered a pair of IE7's from him for about $94.00 before shipping $100.00 including shipping and they are genuine. They are like new as I had to burn them in took about 220 hours to burn them in. I know they are real as I own the IE8's and they are similar but different. The IE8's are more sparkly in the highs and more veiled in the mids while the IE7's are more mid centric with less bass and the highs are good but not as good at the IE8's. Good luck.post #10 of 145/21/11 at 10:19pmpost #11 of 145/22/11 at 5:18pmpost #12 of 145/22/11 at 5:21pmpost #13 of 146/21/11 at 1:13pm
I just received a pair of refurbished IE7's from Adgtron off Amazon a week ago and after 100 hrs of burn in noticed some distortion on 2 songs, one with guitar in the right channel and another a woman's voice in rt channel. I thought it was the IEM and sent an email to Adgtron about the problem and how to return. In the meantime I contacted Sennheiser and checked if Adgtron really was an authorized dealer. Two separate calls to Sennheiser confirmed he was not on their authorized list. I contacted Lee730 about it and he contacted Adgtron by email and Adgtron's response was that they buy directly from Dakmart and their rep is Michael Mandas(also a head-fi member). So I just now got off the phone with Michael and yes he is definately the rep and explained that Adgtron is the same as Dakmart, just that they use that name to sell on Amazon. Dakmart and of course Adgtron are authorized Sennheiser dealers. The refurbished Sennheiser's they sell are covered by warrantee. (With my particular problem he as well as Lee emphasized that the source was probably the cause of the distortion I was hearing which sounds just like a partically blown speaker. Whether it becomes a speaker issue or not, I feel very comfortable with the dealers and Sennheiser as to back their product and plan on buying refurbished IE8's from Dakmart soon.
Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 40 seconds ago
- › The EU deals thread! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 6 minutes ago
- › Elemental Watson Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier... 6 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 8 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 10 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear