Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › IC: NY Area Meet, White Plains, NY Nov 20, 2010
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

IC: NY Area Meet, White Plains, NY Nov 20, 2010 - Page 5  

post #61 of 122
Thread Starter 

This is not a warm up for a possible Can Jam in NY.  This is a traditional meet that we've been having in the fall for a number of years.  Due to the large number of Head-Fiers in the area it actually merits 2 regular meets per year.  This meet would have gone on no matter what.

 

That is not to say there won't be a Can Jam in NY.  There may be and there may not be.  All I'm saying is one has nothing to do with the other. 

post #62 of 122

Im getting my tubes warmed up now :)

post #63 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikzen View Post

This is not a warm up for a possible Can Jam in NY.  This is a traditional meet that we've been having in the fall for a number of years.  Due to the large number of Head-Fiers in the area it actually merits 2 regular meets per year.  This meet would have gone on no matter what.

 

That is not to say there won't be a Can Jam in NY.  There may be and there may not be.  All I'm saying is one has nothing to do with the other. 


Well, I don't know about the other person, but I was just kidding after all. The more the merrier!

post #64 of 122
Thread Starter 

I'm just saying

post #65 of 122


i plan on attending. hell, i hate to miss these events, especially when they're practically in my back yard! thanks for organizing Erik!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post

yeah i figured the easiest way is to drive and since i have a gps i would probably just do that.  its a shame though.  i cant make it.  if anyone near lancaster, pa would like to come along i would love to go.  my mom said i was nuts for going to NY to try out headphones.  i was like there is people flying in to make it.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschristian44 View Post

my bday was september 21st and no one wished me a happy birthday.  i guess when your 26 you feel too old.


that's sad. here ya go - happy b'day.

btw, if yer mom didn't even wish you a happy bday then she has no business telling you not to go to a meet. make it a bday present to yourself!   

 


Edited by daveDerek - 9/26/10 at 9:36pm
post #66 of 122


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp11801 View Post

Great timing this is a day after my B-day so I am in!


J#s, happy bday, pal!  i didn't realize that you were back east.  when did you return? missed the ny crew, eh? 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongod View Post

I'm getting my tubes warmed up now  " class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="smily_headphones1.gif" width="" />


does Devo know about this? 


Edited by daveDerek - 9/28/10 at 4:36pm
post #67 of 122

ive been in PA my whole life.

post #68 of 122



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveDerek View Post


 


J#s, happy bday, pal!  i didn't realize that you were back east.  when did you return? missed the ny crew, eh? 

 

 


 



Dave, moved back with my job in the begining of the year, it will be great to see the Tri-State guys again. I missed the NJ meet due to bad timing but I should be solid for this one.

post #69 of 122
Thread Starter 

I count 14 so far.  I'm pretty confident we'll get a good turn out but I did want to have 20 people at least tentatively say they will come.  PM your buddies and get them to post.

 

I didn't speak to the sales manager about the parking today but I'm pretty sure that you can park for the $10 fee and if not there is parking across the street that will probably be about the same for 8 hours.  They have a whole catering/meeting business so I can't imagine that they wouldn't provide parking for those events without a guest room.  I will get confirmation tomorrow.

 

There is also a free shuttle from the White Plains train station to the hotel.  I'll see if I can get a schedule.


Edited by erikzen - 9/27/10 at 10:18pm
post #70 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikzen View Post

 

I didn't speak to the sales manager about the parking today but I'm pretty sure that you can park for the $10 fee and if not there is parking across the street that will probably be about the same for 8 hours.  They have a whole catering/meeting business so I can't imagine that they wouldn't provide parking for those events without a guest room.  I will get confirmation tomorrow.


No free parking close by?

post #71 of 122

I'll be there along with my dad who posts under rbarth.

 

We'll be bringing the following:

 

Stax 404LE

Stax 003

Sennheiser 580

 

diy KGSS

Hybrid eXStatA

SS eXStata

Millet MiniMax

 

Audio-gd Ref 1

Havana Dac

Nuforce HDP

 

Marantz CD5003

Laptop w/ hiFace

post #72 of 122
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towert7 View Post




No free parking close by?


No, unfortunately White Plains is a city that doesn't have any free parking.  It's like NYC in that respect. vcoheda can chime in as he may have some insight since he lives there but for the most part it's meters and surface lots.
 

post #73 of 122

free parking on side roads but that is only for 2 hours (generally). lot parking is metered but reasonable.

 

the hotel doesn't have free parking for guests?

 

either way, i cannot imagine 8 hours exceeding $10.

post #74 of 122
Thread Starter 

No they have $10 parking for guests.  I'm wondering if the lot across the street would be any cheaper for 8 hours.

post #75 of 122

If we are renting a conference room for the meet are we considered "guests" of the hotel?

 

But seriously, $10 for a day's worth of parking anywhere in NY state is a true bargain no matter how you slice it. You can't stand still on the sidewalk for more than a few minutes in NY without someone charging you!  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › IC: NY Area Meet, White Plains, NY Nov 20, 2010