- 1,168 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Faro, Portugal
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A500 Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/23/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 9/23/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 9/23/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10More
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 9/23/10
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 9/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quality Headphones at Decent Value Last post on 3/1/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Making the Final Purchase Decision - Need Help Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Creative's Sound Blaster E1 If you want to cover your bases with a do-all headphone accessory, the E1 is a good start. Affordable, well featured, inexpensive, the E1 is Creative's entry-level...
Firstly like to thank Chuck from 1964 Ears for organising the Pendulumic Stance S1+ headphones for this review. Pendulumic is a relatively new company in the headphone world, and...
Introduction: RHA is a fairly new audio company that has made quite a splash recently with their MA750 and T10 IEMs. RHA has recently announced their new T20 IEM which is due to be released...
I do not own this unit – I had this unit from @fnkcow With Impedance of 320ohm this earbuds need a good amp to show its worth. I use my phone during my first listen to the zen and it sounds...
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250 - Page 22
Poll Results: Which is the best gaming headphone ever?
8% of voters (21)Beyerdynamic DT990
15% of voters (37)Beyerdynamic DT880
8% of voters (20)Beyerdynamic DT770
8% of voters (19)Sennheiser HD650
4% of voters (10)Sennheiser HD595
6% of voters (15)Sennheiser HD555
2% of voters (7)Ultrasone 2500 Pro
2% of voters (7)Ultrasone HFI-750
8% of voters (21)Audio Technica ATH-AD900
2% of voters (5)Audio-Technica ATH-A500
25% of voters (60)Audio Technica Headphones ATH-AD700
5% of voters (12)Audio Technica ATH-M50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've just started getting into gaming with headphones in the last month. I was really liking the k240 Studio for gaming believe it or not. It has a good soundstage, no excessive bass and pretty good imaging. They're also quite comfortable.
It seems that most people seem to agree that the AD700 is one of the best cheap headphones for gaming. What is generally most accepted as the best closed headphone for gaming that's under $150?
Last night I started a new game of Bioshock 2 last night for the first time in over 6 months after having beaten it. This time I plugged in my k240 Studio and the sound was good, but when I plugged in my Koss Pro DJ 100 I was pretty "Wowed" by the sound quality. Everything was so much better. I ended up staying up until 4am I was so engrossed in the game again and a lot had to do with the sound.
I don't know why, but for games I like the in your face sound that some open headphones don't always provide. I'm not sure why, but when I use the DJ100 the sound feels like the same as putting an IEM in your ear. It feels like the sound is so close and so much easier to hear.
Felt like you could hear every trickle of water and every tiny detail. As you may know, you're in a giant metal suit in the game and you can really hear and feel the loud stomps when you're walking. This game really makes use of sound well. Sometimes you feel as if something is ready to jump around the corner at you every few minutes.
I was so impressed with these that I almost want to compare them to the AD700 now. Of course these probably wouldn't be as good for movies as for gaming.
The mids on the DJ100 are very forward and this helps out a lot. Unlike the AD700, they do have more than enough bass, but not enough so it drowns out the mids. Footsteps are so easy to spot and they're always there despite what else is going on in the game. Imaging is basically spot on. For music I felt these had the best imaging out of everything else I have under $200. I don't know why, but I always felt like closed headphones had better imaging then open headphones. I wonder why this is. The soundstage is still very good despite being closed.
I also need to try out my k601 with gaming. It's probably not as forward sounding, but maybe. The DJ100 has the most forward sounding mids i've found without ruining anything. I also kind of liked my HD-600 for gaming but I sold those. D2000 was just plain terrible to me for gaming, but I guess I could give it a second chance.
I bet the DT-880 is far better for gaming and I want to try it, but I guess I don't play enough games to justify buying one for gaming. DJ100 is a cheap idea for those that want a good gaming headphone ($80). Too bad it has a coiled cable and does need some amping. It works very well from my receiver. It has far more detail than the HD-555 and I'm willing to bet money that the soundstage and imaging is actually better!
I hope someone else can try this..
I think generally the DT 770 is considered the best closed can for gaming though it doesn't quite fit the under $150 category unless you get a used one. I know the closed AT series has been used a lot for gaming before the AD700's became so popular.
As for the DT 880, they are my favorite headphone, but I wouldn't get them unless you plan to use them for more than just gaming. It is definitely an improvement but the jump in price isn't justified in my view unless you will use them for movies, and especially music as well.
- Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 31 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD25 Aluminium 25th anniversary edition review 10 minutes ago
- › New Hifiman Flagship (together with Unique Melody): RE1000 11 minutes ago
- › Help planning my first sitting room hi-fi setup 11 minutes ago
- › FS: Stax "KGSS-A" aka Maxed out SRM-727A 12 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 13 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)