- 1,169 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Faro, Portugal
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-A500 Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 9/23/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 9/23/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 9/23/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productSennheiser HD 595 Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 9/23/10More
- productUltrasone PRO 2500tagged by System, 9/23/10
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 9/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Quality Headphones at Decent Value Last post on 3/1/11 at 6:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Making the Final Purchase Decision - Need Help Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:39am in Headphones (full-size)
About Me: I'm just your average guy making his way through college with a passing interest in audio fidelity. I'm NOT an audiophile, but I've got a little experience ranging from lower-end...
Preamble:Pai Audio (http://www.paiaudio.com/indexEn.asp) is a relatively new audio company and based in Shenzhen, China. Established in 2014, they have specialised in manufacturing in-ears....
At the time this review was written, the Echobox Finder X1 was listed for sale on their website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
At the time this review was written, the Alpha & Delta was listed for sale on Lendmeurears website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
It’s not often I have the absolute pleasure of listening to headphones such as the MA750i. It’s been more than a year since I’ve gotten my Macaw GT100s, and several months since I’ve lost...
Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250 - Page 22
Poll Results: Which is the best gaming headphone ever?
8% of voters (21)Beyerdynamic DT990
15% of voters (37)Beyerdynamic DT880
8% of voters (20)Beyerdynamic DT770
8% of voters (19)Sennheiser HD650
4% of voters (10)Sennheiser HD595
6% of voters (15)Sennheiser HD555
2% of voters (7)Ultrasone 2500 Pro
2% of voters (7)Ultrasone HFI-750
8% of voters (21)Audio Technica ATH-AD900
2% of voters (5)Audio-Technica ATH-A500
25% of voters (60)Audio Technica Headphones ATH-AD700
5% of voters (12)Audio Technica ATH-M50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've just started getting into gaming with headphones in the last month. I was really liking the k240 Studio for gaming believe it or not. It has a good soundstage, no excessive bass and pretty good imaging. They're also quite comfortable.
It seems that most people seem to agree that the AD700 is one of the best cheap headphones for gaming. What is generally most accepted as the best closed headphone for gaming that's under $150?
Last night I started a new game of Bioshock 2 last night for the first time in over 6 months after having beaten it. This time I plugged in my k240 Studio and the sound was good, but when I plugged in my Koss Pro DJ 100 I was pretty "Wowed" by the sound quality. Everything was so much better. I ended up staying up until 4am I was so engrossed in the game again and a lot had to do with the sound.
I don't know why, but for games I like the in your face sound that some open headphones don't always provide. I'm not sure why, but when I use the DJ100 the sound feels like the same as putting an IEM in your ear. It feels like the sound is so close and so much easier to hear.
Felt like you could hear every trickle of water and every tiny detail. As you may know, you're in a giant metal suit in the game and you can really hear and feel the loud stomps when you're walking. This game really makes use of sound well. Sometimes you feel as if something is ready to jump around the corner at you every few minutes.
I was so impressed with these that I almost want to compare them to the AD700 now. Of course these probably wouldn't be as good for movies as for gaming.
The mids on the DJ100 are very forward and this helps out a lot. Unlike the AD700, they do have more than enough bass, but not enough so it drowns out the mids. Footsteps are so easy to spot and they're always there despite what else is going on in the game. Imaging is basically spot on. For music I felt these had the best imaging out of everything else I have under $200. I don't know why, but I always felt like closed headphones had better imaging then open headphones. I wonder why this is. The soundstage is still very good despite being closed.
I also need to try out my k601 with gaming. It's probably not as forward sounding, but maybe. The DJ100 has the most forward sounding mids i've found without ruining anything. I also kind of liked my HD-600 for gaming but I sold those. D2000 was just plain terrible to me for gaming, but I guess I could give it a second chance.
I bet the DT-880 is far better for gaming and I want to try it, but I guess I don't play enough games to justify buying one for gaming. DJ100 is a cheap idea for those that want a good gaming headphone ($80). Too bad it has a coiled cable and does need some amping. It works very well from my receiver. It has far more detail than the HD-555 and I'm willing to bet money that the soundstage and imaging is actually better!
I hope someone else can try this..
I think generally the DT 770 is considered the best closed can for gaming though it doesn't quite fit the under $150 category unless you get a used one. I know the closed AT series has been used a lot for gaming before the AD700's became so popular.
As for the DT 880, they are my favorite headphone, but I wouldn't get them unless you plan to use them for more than just gaming. It is definitely an improvement but the jump in price isn't justified in my view unless you will use them for movies, and especially music as well.
- Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 28 seconds ago
- › Audio GD New NOS 7 2016 Edition Impression Thread 36 seconds ago
- › $1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus... 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 4 minutes ago
- › Rose Mojito Earbuds 4 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...