Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250 - Page 21

Poll Results: Which is the best gaming headphone ever?

Poll expired: Jan 1, 2011 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 8% (21)
    Beyerdynamic DT990
  • 15% (37)
    Beyerdynamic DT880
  • 8% (20)
    Beyerdynamic DT770
  • 8% (19)
    Sennheiser HD650
  • 4% (10)
    Sennheiser HD595
  • 6% (15)
    Sennheiser HD555
  • 2% (7)
    Ultrasone 2500 Pro
  • 2% (7)
    Ultrasone HFI-750
  • 8% (21)
    Audio Technica ATH-AD900
  • 2% (5)
    Audio-Technica ATH-A500
  • 25% (60)
    Audio Technica Headphones ATH-AD700
  • 5% (12)
    Audio Technica ATH-M50
234 Total Votes  
post #301 of 319

Out of curiosity, why no psyko audio?  I'd think that directional waveguide headphones would fit the bill precisely where gaming is concerned.

post #302 of 319

Have you tried any of the above in the poll with the Astro Mixamp? That's why.

post #303 of 319

Because it is not on the polls and because lots of people have a crazy phobia against multiple drivers headset.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annirak View Post

Out of curiosity, why no psyko audio?  I'd think that directional waveguide headphones would fit the bill precisely where gaming is concerned.

post #304 of 319

Probably because the cons outweigh the pros. They sound like **** compared to a great stereo headphone with virtual surround. But I'm not gonna start debating it with you AGAIN.

post #305 of 319


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Probably because the cons outweigh the pros. They sound like **** compared to a great stereo headphone with virtual surround. But I'm not gonna start debating it with you AGAIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc View Post

Because it is not on the polls and because lots of people have a crazy phobia against multiple drivers headset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku540 View Post

Have you tried any of the above in the poll with the Astro Mixamp? That's why.


Whoa! Okay! Okay!  I had read generally positive reviews about them when they came out, admittedly on gaming websites.  I didn't realize that they sounded that bad.

post #306 of 319

Don't say they sound bad before you try it yourself.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annirak View Post


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Probably because the cons outweigh the pros. They sound like **** compared to a great stereo headphone with virtual surround. But I'm not gonna start debating it with you AGAIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc View Post

Because it is not on the polls and because lots of people have a crazy phobia against multiple drivers headset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku540 View Post

Have you tried any of the above in the poll with the Astro Mixamp? That's why.


Whoa! Okay! Okay!  I had read generally positive reviews about them when they came out, admittedly on gaming websites.  I didn't realize that they sounded that bad.

post #307 of 319

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc View Post

Don't say they sound bad before you try it yourself.


At $299, I'm not going to try them with an endorsement like this:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484372/psyko-5-1-headphones#post_6574472

post #308 of 319

Neither I.

 

I thought you were talking about 5.1 multi drivers generaly.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annirak View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc View Post

Don't say they sound bad before you try it yourself.


At $299, I'm not going to try them with an endorsement like this:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484372/psyko-5-1-headphones#post_6574472

post #309 of 319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc View Post

Neither I.

 

I thought you were talking about 5.1 multi drivers generaly.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annirak View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnoiserdc View Post

Don't say they sound bad before you try it yourself.


At $299, I'm not going to try them with an endorsement like this:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484372/psyko-5-1-headphones#post_6574472


 


Dont think there rubbish untill you have tried them yourself : Thats like judging a book by its cover.

 

But the majority of people like stero sound rather than 5.1 headsets.


Edited by maltar7 - 11/18/10 at 7:59am
post #310 of 319
Well, for gaming I would go with the Razer megalodon or baracuda - I have both of them and they sound pretty decent for that money, especially with a good audio card. I know most people don't like multiple driver headphones but none of your suggestions for stereo speakers or virtual 5.1 can beat the positioning of multiple drivers. I really like shooters and positioning is what is important in games - not how detailed and crisp are the sounds during a gunfight or how controlled and punchy is the bass of the exploding granades. I just reaaly like the accuracy the Razer ones have and the soundstage is awesome
post #311 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Well, for gaming I would go with the Razer megalodon or baracuda - I have both of them and they sound pretty decent for that money, especially with a good audio card. I know most people don't like multiple driver headphones but none of your suggestions for stereo speakers or virtual 5.1 can beat the positioning of multiple drivers. I really like shooters and positioning is what is important in games - not how detailed and crisp are the sounds during a gunfight or how controlled and punchy is the bass of the exploding granades. I just reaaly like the accuracy the Razer ones have and the soundstage is awesome

 

Have you read this thread at all? Your multiple drivers opinion is a minority here; have you tried the Mixamp/DSS/etc at all?

 

EDIT: Actually... You realize Razer's headsets are stereo with virtual surround and not actual 5.1/7.1 with multiple drivers? What was that you said again?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

I know most people don't like multiple driver headphones but none of your suggestions for stereo speakers or virtual 5.1 can beat the positioning of multiple drivers.


Sorry, but you just got owned... by yourself.


Edited by Riku540 - 11/19/10 at 12:38pm
post #312 of 319

I'm sorry but you are wrong again...

Razer megalodon has virtual surround, but razer barracuda is a multiple drivers headset.

IT is really close to turtle beach hpa2. Some peolple believe it is sourced from same OEM.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku540 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Well, for gaming I would go with the Razer megalodon or baracuda - I have both of them and they sound pretty decent for that money, especially with a good audio card. I know most people don't like multiple driver headphones but none of your suggestions for stereo speakers or virtual 5.1 can beat the positioning of multiple drivers. I really like shooters and positioning is what is important in games - not how detailed and crisp are the sounds during a gunfight or how controlled and punchy is the bass of the exploding granades. I just reaaly like the accuracy the Razer ones have and the soundstage is awesome

 

Have you read this thread at all? Your multiple drivers opinion is a minority here; have you tried the Mixamp/DSS/etc at all?

 

EDIT: Actually... You realize Razer's headsets are stereo with virtual surround and not actual 5.1/7.1 with multiple drivers? What was that you said again?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

I know most people don't like multiple driver headphones but none of your suggestions for stereo speakers or virtual 5.1 can beat the positioning of multiple drivers.


Sorry, but you just got owned... by yourself.

post #313 of 319

Except that the Barracuda's been discontinued...

post #314 of 319

lol, what a change in the subject. You could say: "I am sorry, I was wrong, you are right!". lol
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku540 View Post

Except that the Barracuda's been discontinued...

post #315 of 319

All you care about is "being right" and getting the last word.

 

I am trying to contribute and help the community. I'm done with you, on the ignore list you go.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250