Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250 - Page 14

Poll Results: Which is the best gaming headphone ever?

Poll expired: Jan 1, 2011 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 8% (21)
    Beyerdynamic DT990
  • 15% (37)
    Beyerdynamic DT880
  • 8% (20)
    Beyerdynamic DT770
  • 8% (19)
    Sennheiser HD650
  • 4% (10)
    Sennheiser HD595
  • 6% (15)
    Sennheiser HD555
  • 2% (7)
    Ultrasone 2500 Pro
  • 2% (7)
    Ultrasone HFI-750
  • 8% (21)
    Audio Technica ATH-AD900
  • 2% (5)
    Audio-Technica ATH-A500
  • 25% (60)
    Audio Technica Headphones ATH-AD700
  • 5% (12)
    Audio Technica ATH-M50
234 Total Votes  
post #196 of 319


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post

AD-700s is a no brainer vs the F1 Half the price with 90%+ the performance.  If you can grab some used AD-700s it's even more so.

 

The coloring is a little odd, but you can easily spray paint them



^ This.

 

That's why I said if you can find the F1's for $160 or less, get them over the AD700...They are worth the $60 or so extra.....not $200 extra.


Edited by SJB610 - 10/7/10 at 10:55am
post #197 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJB610 View Post


 



^ This.

 

That's why I said if you can find the F1's for $160 or less, get them over the AD700...They are worth the $60 or so extra.....not $200 extra.


Basically the same can be said about the AD900's and the K701's.

post #198 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSpecial View Post




Basically the same can be said about the AD900's and the K701's.



Yea, but I don't have either of those phones, so I couldn't recommend them. What I do know, is the F1's are BEASTLY, more than the AD700 and DT880. I have used all 3 of them, and have tested them all with many hours of gameplay. The way you can locate sound on the F1's is AMAZING. The AD700 does it good too....it's just not as effortless as the F1.

post #199 of 319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJB610 View Post


 



^ This.

 

That's why I said if you can find the F1's for $160 or less, get them over the AD700...They are worth the $60 or so extra.....not $200 extra.



Sadly i cant find a F1 for $160 or less at the moment...

 

So I`ll guess i go with the Ad700....

 

Thanks all your help guys....

 

You have been great....

post #200 of 319


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltar7 View Post





Sadly i cant find a F1 for $160 or less at the moment...

 

So I`ll guess i go with the Ad700....

 

Thanks all your help guys....

 

You have been great....



You're going to love them....make sure you check back after you use them to let us know what you think.

post #201 of 319

I followed some of the advises on Dt770pro-80 and ordered them on amazon.fr, sometimes when I buy something  I lack  patience to study all options  and choose the logically best option ( i dont have knowledge about this anyways so... )  , I hope I did the right thing i cant wait for them to arrive wink.gif. thx for this thread  its been interesting so far

post #202 of 319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJB610 View Post


 



You're going to love them....make sure you check back after you use them to let us know what you think.


Sure, Will do...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pares View Post

I followed some of the advises on Dt770pro-80 and ordered them on amazon.fr, sometimes when I buy something  I lack  patience to study all options  and choose the logically best option ( i dont have knowledge about this anyways so... )  , I hope I did the right thing i cant wait for them to arrive wink.gif. thx for this thread  its been interesting so far


No problem....

 

I`m sure you made the right decision...

 

After you have recived them... 

 

Post your thoughts on them hear....

 

Good luck with your new headphone....

post #203 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pares View Post

I followed some of the advises on Dt770pro-80 and ordered them on amazon.fr, sometimes when I buy something  I lack  patience to study all options  and choose the logically best option ( i dont have knowledge about this anyways so... )  , I hope I did the right thing i cant wait for them to arrive wink.gif. thx for this thread  its been interesting so far



I used to have the DT770 pro80. I hope you like bass, haha. Are you going to use them for gaming?

post #204 of 319

Yes they are mainly for gamming, usually I play on low volume with open headphones and then fan noises gets in ( i use low noise fans on cpu and tower but graphics card is noisier too and haven't moded it), i don't wanna play till late on speakers on loud and disturb my familiy. so closed ones was a must when considering a upgrade, i was nealry for the sn360game cause of good mic but open air made me wonder i found this forum and started reading and i finally decided on 770s. about bass I'm not really sure i will find out when i try them, I think yes

 

The games i play are mostly FPS like CoD4 on HC mode so its not forgiving fewer shots gets you dead faster than other FPS so positioning is important, TCE (ET mod CS like),  sometimes MW2 , sometimes UT3, CMcR dirt2, Stcrft2.

post #205 of 319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pares View Post

Yes they are mainly for gamming, usually I play on low volume with open headphones and then fan noises gets in ( i use low noise fans on cpu and tower but graphics card is noisier too and haven't moded it), i don't wanna play till late on speakers on loud and disturb my familiy. so closed ones was a must when considering a upgrade, i was nealry for the sn360game cause of good mic but open air made me wonder i found this forum and started reading and i finally decided on 770s. about bass I'm not really sure i will find out when i try them, I think yes

 

The games i play are mostly FPS like CoD4 on HC mode so its not forgiving fewer shots gets you dead faster than other FPS so positioning is important, TCE (ET mod CS like),  sometimes MW2 , sometimes UT3, CMcR dirt2, Stcrft2.

If i mic is important to you...

 

You could mod the dt770 you wished....

 


 

post #206 of 319

Please do post a review of your brand new DT770-80 ohms once you get your hand on it. I'm interested in purchasing one of those, as an all-arounder (gaming, music, movies), especialy due to the isolation it provides. Please evaluate the bass levels as well, since I don't want to end with a headache after a gaming session.

post #207 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganirado View Post

Please do post a review of your brand new DT770-80 ohms once you get your hand on it. I'm interested in purchasing one of those, as an all-arounder (gaming, music, movies), especialy due to the isolation it provides. Please evaluate the bass levels as well, since I don't want to end with a headache after a gaming session.



I can say that the bass of the 770pro80's was WAYYYY too strong. It drowned out alot of the other important sounds. It was also pretty muffled compared to my other headphones. I actually liked my bose headphones better for gaming. The 770's were better for single player games, and even then, the bass was too strong in some parts. To the point where the drivers would vibrate.

post #208 of 319

Oh, that sucks.. I didn't want headphones with such strong bass... but still I'm looking for some isolation.. I guess trying it before buying is a must for me.. btw, in my case, I''ll be using them mostly for single player games, not for competitive purposes, aiming for "immersion"
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJB610 View Post





I can say that the bass of the 770pro80's was WAYYYY too strong. It drowned out alot of the other important sounds. It was also pretty muffled compared to my other headphones. I actually liked my bose headphones better for gaming. The 770's were better for single player games, and even then, the bass was too strong in some parts. To the point where the drivers would vibrate.

post #209 of 319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganirado View Post

Oh, that sucks.. I didn't want headphones with such strong bass... but still I'm looking for some isolation.. I guess trying it before buying is a must for me.. btw, in my case, I''ll be using them mostly for single player games, not for competitive purposes, aiming for "immersion"
 


 

 



If your looking for "immersion" the dt770 are right up your street.....

 

But see what you think of them, then you can  make your mind up.....

 

Ultimately we all perceive and hear thing differently....

 

Only your ears can tell what sounds good and what sound crap...


Edited by maltar7 - 10/8/10 at 7:20am
post #210 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by loganirado View Post

Oh, that sucks.. I didn't want headphones with such strong bass... but still I'm looking for some isolation.. I guess trying it before buying is a must for me.. btw, in my case, I''ll be using them mostly for single player games, not for competitive purposes, aiming for "immersion"
 


 


The only thing good about the 770 in my experience was the isolation, haha. Other than that....too much mud and bass....really took away from the immersion when all I heard was BOOM BOOM BOOM.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Gaming Headphones.... With Poll? BUDGET: £100-£250