Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Has the fake ath-m50 arrived?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Has the fake ath-m50 arrived? - Page 25

post #361 of 381

So, any of you guys know if there's LE fakes around?

 

Found a new pair on a store on ebay for their regular price. Wonder if they are legit or not. Are the LE discontinued?
 

post #362 of 381

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50S-Studio-Headphones-ATHM50-NEW-M50-STRAIGHT-/161032938825?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item257e4fa549

 

Does anyone know if this seller is legit? I purchased from them earlier however I didn't get the yellow registration card with the box, which has me worried.

 

UPDATE: So I emailed henleydesigns.co.uk (the authorised seller for Audio Technica in the UK) and they confirmed BOP DJ are legit. I also unscrewed the headphones and they appear legit.


Edited by av2606 - 6/5/13 at 3:34am
post #363 of 381

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOT-sales-M50-DJ-headphones-High-Quality-DJ-Headset-with-retail-package-freeshipping/555016918.html

Y
ou mean that?....Jeez. Chinese merchants have no sense of decency (and I'm Chinese. It's a shame).

post #364 of 381
Anybody bought from ebay's seller called costlowest? He supposedly ships from australia and has a 99 feedback with 2000 purchases. He has m50s at 90 £. Also, can there be any unknown shipment costs from australia? Costlowest says that there is none but you cant trust anybody nowadays
post #365 of 381
I had to make a quick decision so i decided to buy it from costlowest. Hope it isnt a copy or atleast not a ****ty one
post #366 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquavit View Post

I had to make a quick decision so i decided to buy it from costlowest. Hope it isnt a copy or atleast not a ****ty one

Mine should be arriving tomorrow from this seller. I'll let you know how I get on but I'm hoping he's legit. From reading the start of this thread I got worried but it seems that he may be Ok. Did you get yours yet?
post #367 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by xen0phon View Post


Mine should be arriving tomorrow from this seller. I'll let you know how I get on but I'm hoping he's legit. From reading the start of this thread I got worried but it seems that he may be Ok. Did you get yours yet?

 

 

I have also purchased from this seller and I stumbled across this forum in my suspicions upon receiving my headphones. Costlowest seller states they are Australian based....but I received mine from Colombo, Sri Lanka? I mean the build quality seems, legit....but no 125B sticker inside....I purchased the white version and 95% of stock photos I see the ear pads are grey but mine seem to be white? I have contacted Audio Technica for help but have yet to receive a reply....Anyone have any pointers? I'm really only suspicious as my package arrived from Sri Lanka?!

post #368 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhenryho View Post


I have also purchased from this seller and I stumbled across this forum in my suspicions upon receiving my headphones. Costlowest seller states they are Australian based....but I received mine from Colombo, Sri Lanka? I mean the build quality seems, legit....but no 125B sticker inside....I purchased the white version and 95% of stock photos I see the ear pads are grey but mine seem to be white? I have contacted Audio Technica for help but have yet to receive a reply....Anyone have any pointers? I'm really only suspicious as my package arrived from Sri Lanka?!

Oh dear.... Not the best news! I'll update this thread with whatever it is I get tomorrow.
post #369 of 381

Yeh good luck with it and let me know how you get one, I've uploaded some pictures from my camera if anyone wants to have a look see....if they are fake they are good copies or maybe I am just being paranoid....

 

http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/hho87/library/Audio%20Technica%20ATH-M50?sort=3&page=1

post #370 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhenryho View Post

Yeh good luck with it and let me know how you get one, I've uploaded some pictures from my camera if anyone wants to have a look see....if they are fake they are good copies or maybe I am just being paranoid....

 

http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/hho87/library/Audio%20Technica%20ATH-M50?sort=3&page=1

They look legit, the build quality is spot on. However, the earpads are white and they should usually be a medium grey. I'm not sure if they are legit. Maybe new models come with white earpads? Also open them up and see if you can see the 125B sticker. You should email Audio Technica. Also, where do you live? It's possible you can send them to Audio Technica to inspect them.

 

Also email the seller and question him about the white earpads.


Edited by av2606 - 7/2/13 at 4:06pm
post #371 of 381
Thanks for the reply, after consulting the seller he assures me that they are legit...he informs me that they are the ATH-M50 CWH and not the ATH-M50 WH...I still have a niggling doubt though, just the fact they were shipped from Sri Lanka, hopefully it's just my paranoia going into overdrive...haha
post #372 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhenryho View Post

Thanks for the reply, after consulting the seller he assures me that they are legit...he informs me that they are the ATH-M50 CWH and not the ATH-M50 WH...I still have a niggling doubt though, just the fact they were shipped from Sri Lanka, hopefully it's just my paranoia going into overdrive...haha

Ah, makes sense. Then I think they are legit because the build quality is 100% spot on from the pictures you posted. Do a search for fakes and you will see the differences in build quality. If these are fakes, they are the best fakes ever made. Also did you check for the 125B sticker on the driver? If it's missing, it doesn't necessarily mean they are fake, but I would mention this to Audio Technica just to double check.

I did a search for athm50cwh and they only appear on audio Technics's Asian sites, so they aren't available outside of Asia yet. I also saw it on Amazon.com and it said Japan import. That may be why they were shipped from Sri Lanka as it's within Asia.
Edited by av2606 - 7/2/13 at 5:15pm
post #373 of 381
That's another thing that's throwing me a bit, both are missing the 125B sticker. Under each ear cushion is a 1227 sticker - which in another forum a member has posted the same number quoting it that it's the serial? Unsure just waiting for Audio Technica to get back to me now smily_headphones1.gif I'm about 95% sure they're real, thanks again!
post #374 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhenryho View Post

That's another thing that's throwing me a bit, both are missing the 125B sticker. Under each ear cushion is a 1227 sticker - which in another forum a member has posted the same number quoting it that it's the serial? Unsure just waiting for Audio Technica to get back to me now smily_headphones1.gif I'm about 95% sure they're real, thanks again!

Also just noticed the CWH model is the only white model listed on Audio Technica's official Sri Lankan website. They don't sell the normal WH model with the grey earpads, only the complete white eidition:

 

http://www.audio-technica.com.sg/product_types/monitoring/ (It redirects to their Singapore site when you click Sri Lanka on the country selector here - http://www.audio-technica.com/world_map/no_flash/sea.html).

 

So yea, I'm pretty sure yours are legit. It appears you cannot buy the CWH model outside of Asia.


Edited by av2606 - 7/2/13 at 5:28pm
post #375 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by av2606 View Post

Also just noticed the CWH model is the only white model listed on Audio Technica's official Sri Lankan website. They don't sell the normal WH model with the grey earpads, only the complete white eidition:

 

http://www.audio-technica.com.sg/product_types/monitoring/ (It redirects to their Singapore site when you click Sri Lanka on the country selector here - http://www.audio-technica.com/world_map/no_flash/sea.html).

 

So yea, I'm pretty sure yours are legit. It appears you cannot buy the CWH model outside of Asia.

 

HenryHo,

 

I was doing some research this morning into the white M50's and it seems that they may be specific to a certain region (as mentioned by av2606) as they show up in the amazon.jp website with the white earcups that you received. Also from your pics they really do look like good quality (av2606) so hopefully they are the real deal. I get the impression that this ebay seller sources his from an Asian (not necessarily Chinese) source which may account for the differences between the headphones from the ones that are purchased in the EU/U.S

 

Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself :)

 

http://amzn.to/1b6Rg0o

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Has the fake ath-m50 arrived?