Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-ESW10JPNtagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 9/22/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/22/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/24/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-M50 vs. ATH-ESW9A Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH dealer in NYC? Last post on 9/18/11 at 6:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Clueless about what to get Last post on 8/2/11 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans with forward sound and sparkly highs? Last post on 7/29/11 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Top 4 Last post on 6/15/11 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
Has the fake ath-m50 arrived? - Page 17
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 3845/15/11 at 10:11amQuote:
The ebay link I'm not sure about, but your best bet is to stay away from any sellers from China, most likely are fakes. The other one is definitely fake, price is just too low.post #243 of 3845/15/11 at 1:39pmpost #244 of 3845/16/11 at 1:11ampost #245 of 3845/16/11 at 4:29amQuote:Originally Posted by jarod99
hi guys, want to buy but do these look fake? TIA! cheers!
Those are not M50's
post #246 of 3845/16/11 at 5:02ampost #247 of 3845/18/11 at 2:58pm
These are fake right? But they sound so much better than my sennheiser hd228 which are definitely not fake ;) The bass is incredible .On the outside the look exactly like the originals nothing fishy there. I thought they were refurbs but original. Makes me wonder about the real deal, if the fakes can sound this good!post #248 of 3846/2/11 at 10:17am
It is 100% fake seller. It does not have business address and uses EMS/DHL for shipping. You can be assured that they are based in Hong Kong or China.Quote:Originally Posted by Wiebe
Hi, I made an account to post this question. Does this seller seem legit to you?
It's relatively cheap and is not on Audio Technica's authorized dealers list, but, on the other hand, it accepts paypal.
What do you think?post #249 of 3846/2/11 at 1:04pm
Quote:Originally Posted by monkeyape456
These are fake right? But they sound so much better than my sennheiser hd228 which are definitely not fake ;) The bass is incredible .On the outside the look exactly like the originals nothing fishy there. I thought they were refurbs but original. Makes me wonder about the real deal, if the fakes can sound this good!
Okay dude.. that's just straight up weird.. It looks like a Mix between fake and real!! Wth?
Makes me wonder... Is Audio-Technica going cheaper? Or are Chinese copies getting better? Hmmmmmmmm...
Where exactly did you get yours from and how did the box look like..
idk im curious cuz check this out:
The wiring looks more sturdy then the original fakes but worse then the genuine. and you got those white padding rings ontop of your drivers that the fakes originally don't have and the genuine do. Hmmmmmmmmm
Edited by eriktheg - 6/2/11 at 1:08pmpost #250 of 3846/3/11 at 5:17pm
Alright people, first post here.
Just bought a pair of ATH M50's from soundprofessionals.com (Authorized Reseller). So I'm pretty sure these are legit.
Sorry about my tools haha
@ Monkeyape456, you seem to have a green board while mine is greyish with "gold" conduction. Also, mine has the ridgespost #251 of 3846/3/11 at 5:31pmpost #252 of 3846/4/11 at 2:44ampost #253 of 3846/5/11 at 12:33pmpost #254 of 3846/9/11 at 10:54amQuote:
They may still be awesome but the point is that you are perpetuating the black market which hurts all of us in the end. Its just wrong to buy illegal fake products marketed as real no matter what they sound like. But of course you can do what you want but I would never harm the cause by putting money in these criminals pockets just to save a few bucks. After all mine are real and only costs $90 brand stinkin new, just exactly how much are you saving?
post #255 of 3846/9/11 at 4:07pm
- Has the fake ath-m50 arrived?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › High impedance for use with Mobile phone 32 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature Studio, Impressions and Information Gathering... 1 minute ago
- › Beat Audio Supernova silver cable - 2-pin / 3.5mm TRRS termination 2 minutes ago
- › KENNERTON VALI - Impressions, Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FS: iFi Micro iUSB 2.0 + iFi Gemini USB Cable (0.75m) 3 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 4 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound loaner program for Kenzie and Mogwai 6 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › Shure 535 legit? 7 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear