Recent Images In This Thread
- productATH-ESW10JPNtagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 9/22/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/22/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/24/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-M50 vs. ATH-ESW9A Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH dealer in NYC? Last post on 9/18/11 at 6:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Clueless about what to get Last post on 8/2/11 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans with forward sound and sparkly highs? Last post on 7/29/11 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Top 4 Last post on 6/15/11 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Has the fake ath-m50 arrived? - Page 17
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 3815/15/11 at 10:11amQuote:
The ebay link I'm not sure about, but your best bet is to stay away from any sellers from China, most likely are fakes. The other one is definitely fake, price is just too low.post #243 of 3815/15/11 at 1:39pmpost #244 of 3815/16/11 at 1:11ampost #245 of 3815/16/11 at 4:29amQuote:Originally Posted by jarod99
hi guys, want to buy but do these look fake? TIA! cheers!
Those are not M50's
post #246 of 3815/16/11 at 5:02ampost #247 of 3815/18/11 at 2:58pm
These are fake right? But they sound so much better than my sennheiser hd228 which are definitely not fake ;) The bass is incredible .On the outside the look exactly like the originals nothing fishy there. I thought they were refurbs but original. Makes me wonder about the real deal, if the fakes can sound this good!post #248 of 3816/2/11 at 10:17am
It is 100% fake seller. It does not have business address and uses EMS/DHL for shipping. You can be assured that they are based in Hong Kong or China.Quote:Originally Posted by Wiebe
Hi, I made an account to post this question. Does this seller seem legit to you?
It's relatively cheap and is not on Audio Technica's authorized dealers list, but, on the other hand, it accepts paypal.
What do you think?post #249 of 3816/2/11 at 1:04pm
Quote:Originally Posted by monkeyape456
These are fake right? But they sound so much better than my sennheiser hd228 which are definitely not fake ;) The bass is incredible .On the outside the look exactly like the originals nothing fishy there. I thought they were refurbs but original. Makes me wonder about the real deal, if the fakes can sound this good!
Okay dude.. that's just straight up weird.. It looks like a Mix between fake and real!! Wth?
Makes me wonder... Is Audio-Technica going cheaper? Or are Chinese copies getting better? Hmmmmmmmm...
Where exactly did you get yours from and how did the box look like..
idk im curious cuz check this out:
The wiring looks more sturdy then the original fakes but worse then the genuine. and you got those white padding rings ontop of your drivers that the fakes originally don't have and the genuine do. Hmmmmmmmmm
Edited by eriktheg - 6/2/11 at 1:08pmpost #250 of 3816/3/11 at 5:17pm
Alright people, first post here.
Just bought a pair of ATH M50's from soundprofessionals.com (Authorized Reseller). So I'm pretty sure these are legit.
Sorry about my tools haha
@ Monkeyape456, you seem to have a green board while mine is greyish with "gold" conduction. Also, mine has the ridgespost #251 of 3816/3/11 at 5:31pmpost #252 of 3816/4/11 at 2:44ampost #253 of 3816/5/11 at 12:33pmpost #254 of 3816/9/11 at 10:54amQuote:
They may still be awesome but the point is that you are perpetuating the black market which hurts all of us in the end. Its just wrong to buy illegal fake products marketed as real no matter what they sound like. But of course you can do what you want but I would never harm the cause by putting money in these criminals pockets just to save a few bucks. After all mine are real and only costs $90 brand stinkin new, just exactly how much are you saving?
post #255 of 3816/9/11 at 4:07pm
- Has the fake ath-m50 arrived?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › Jerry Harvey, The Rise of the In-Ear Monitor | Talks at Google 10 seconds ago
- › Misleading recommendations on HE-400? 44 seconds ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Vintage headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR xb1000? NEw? OMG 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob