Recent Images In This Thread
- productATH-ESW10JPNtagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 9/22/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/22/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/24/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-M50 vs. ATH-ESW9A Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH dealer in NYC? Last post on 9/18/11 at 6:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Clueless about what to get Last post on 8/2/11 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans with forward sound and sparkly highs? Last post on 7/29/11 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Top 4 Last post on 6/15/11 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
Has the fake ath-m50 arrived? - Page 17
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 3815/15/11 at 10:11amQuote:
The ebay link I'm not sure about, but your best bet is to stay away from any sellers from China, most likely are fakes. The other one is definitely fake, price is just too low.post #243 of 3815/15/11 at 1:39pmpost #244 of 3815/16/11 at 1:11ampost #245 of 3815/16/11 at 4:29amQuote:Originally Posted by jarod99
hi guys, want to buy but do these look fake? TIA! cheers!
Those are not M50's
post #246 of 3815/16/11 at 5:02ampost #247 of 3815/18/11 at 2:58pm
These are fake right? But they sound so much better than my sennheiser hd228 which are definitely not fake ;) The bass is incredible .On the outside the look exactly like the originals nothing fishy there. I thought they were refurbs but original. Makes me wonder about the real deal, if the fakes can sound this good!post #248 of 3816/2/11 at 10:17am
It is 100% fake seller. It does not have business address and uses EMS/DHL for shipping. You can be assured that they are based in Hong Kong or China.Quote:Originally Posted by Wiebe
Hi, I made an account to post this question. Does this seller seem legit to you?
It's relatively cheap and is not on Audio Technica's authorized dealers list, but, on the other hand, it accepts paypal.
What do you think?post #249 of 3816/2/11 at 1:04pm
Quote:Originally Posted by monkeyape456
These are fake right? But they sound so much better than my sennheiser hd228 which are definitely not fake ;) The bass is incredible .On the outside the look exactly like the originals nothing fishy there. I thought they were refurbs but original. Makes me wonder about the real deal, if the fakes can sound this good!
Okay dude.. that's just straight up weird.. It looks like a Mix between fake and real!! Wth?
Makes me wonder... Is Audio-Technica going cheaper? Or are Chinese copies getting better? Hmmmmmmmm...
Where exactly did you get yours from and how did the box look like..
idk im curious cuz check this out:
The wiring looks more sturdy then the original fakes but worse then the genuine. and you got those white padding rings ontop of your drivers that the fakes originally don't have and the genuine do. Hmmmmmmmmm
Edited by eriktheg - 6/2/11 at 1:08pmpost #250 of 3816/3/11 at 5:17pm
Alright people, first post here.
Just bought a pair of ATH M50's from soundprofessionals.com (Authorized Reseller). So I'm pretty sure these are legit.
Sorry about my tools haha
@ Monkeyape456, you seem to have a green board while mine is greyish with "gold" conduction. Also, mine has the ridgespost #251 of 3816/3/11 at 5:31pmpost #252 of 3816/4/11 at 2:44ampost #253 of 3816/5/11 at 12:33pmpost #254 of 3816/9/11 at 10:54amQuote:
They may still be awesome but the point is that you are perpetuating the black market which hurts all of us in the end. Its just wrong to buy illegal fake products marketed as real no matter what they sound like. But of course you can do what you want but I would never harm the cause by putting money in these criminals pockets just to save a few bucks. After all mine are real and only costs $90 brand stinkin new, just exactly how much are you saving?
post #255 of 3816/9/11 at 4:07pm
- Has the fake ath-m50 arrived?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 21 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 34 seconds ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 37 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio now on sale at ALO audio 58 seconds ago
- › Headphone recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › How long does it take for Venus Audio to ship? 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 4 minutes ago
- › The WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3