Recent Images In This Thread
- productATH-ESW10JPNtagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones, Whitetagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphonestagged by System, 3/31/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 9/22/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/22/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/24/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- ATH-M50 vs. ATH-ESW9A Last post on 9/21/11 at 5:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH dealer in NYC? Last post on 9/18/11 at 6:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Clueless about what to get Last post on 8/2/11 at 5:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans with forward sound and sparkly highs? Last post on 7/29/11 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Looking Portable Headphones Top 4 Last post on 6/15/11 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
Has the fake ath-m50 arrived? - Page 17
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 3815/15/11 at 10:11amQuote:
The ebay link I'm not sure about, but your best bet is to stay away from any sellers from China, most likely are fakes. The other one is definitely fake, price is just too low.post #243 of 3815/15/11 at 1:39pmpost #244 of 3815/16/11 at 1:11ampost #245 of 3815/16/11 at 4:29amQuote:Originally Posted by jarod99
hi guys, want to buy but do these look fake? TIA! cheers!
Those are not M50's
post #246 of 3815/16/11 at 5:02ampost #247 of 3815/18/11 at 2:58pm
These are fake right? But they sound so much better than my sennheiser hd228 which are definitely not fake ;) The bass is incredible .On the outside the look exactly like the originals nothing fishy there. I thought they were refurbs but original. Makes me wonder about the real deal, if the fakes can sound this good!post #248 of 3816/2/11 at 10:17am
It is 100% fake seller. It does not have business address and uses EMS/DHL for shipping. You can be assured that they are based in Hong Kong or China.Quote:Originally Posted by Wiebe
Hi, I made an account to post this question. Does this seller seem legit to you?
It's relatively cheap and is not on Audio Technica's authorized dealers list, but, on the other hand, it accepts paypal.
What do you think?post #249 of 3816/2/11 at 1:04pm
Quote:Originally Posted by monkeyape456
These are fake right? But they sound so much better than my sennheiser hd228 which are definitely not fake ;) The bass is incredible .On the outside the look exactly like the originals nothing fishy there. I thought they were refurbs but original. Makes me wonder about the real deal, if the fakes can sound this good!
Okay dude.. that's just straight up weird.. It looks like a Mix between fake and real!! Wth?
Makes me wonder... Is Audio-Technica going cheaper? Or are Chinese copies getting better? Hmmmmmmmm...
Where exactly did you get yours from and how did the box look like..
idk im curious cuz check this out:
The wiring looks more sturdy then the original fakes but worse then the genuine. and you got those white padding rings ontop of your drivers that the fakes originally don't have and the genuine do. Hmmmmmmmmm
Edited by eriktheg - 6/2/11 at 1:08pmpost #250 of 3816/3/11 at 5:17pm
Alright people, first post here.
Just bought a pair of ATH M50's from soundprofessionals.com (Authorized Reseller). So I'm pretty sure these are legit.
Sorry about my tools haha
@ Monkeyape456, you seem to have a green board while mine is greyish with "gold" conduction. Also, mine has the ridgespost #251 of 3816/3/11 at 5:31pmpost #252 of 3816/4/11 at 2:44ampost #253 of 3816/5/11 at 12:33pmpost #254 of 3816/9/11 at 10:54amQuote:
They may still be awesome but the point is that you are perpetuating the black market which hurts all of us in the end. Its just wrong to buy illegal fake products marketed as real no matter what they sound like. But of course you can do what you want but I would never harm the cause by putting money in these criminals pockets just to save a few bucks. After all mine are real and only costs $90 brand stinkin new, just exactly how much are you saving?
post #255 of 3816/9/11 at 4:07pm
- Has the fake ath-m50 arrived?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 15 seconds ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio's continued collaboration with A&K: Introducing Layla & Angie 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)