Well you are recommending an earphone when there is no indication that a suggestion is needed. I don't see how you saw dba-02 availability as a good place to recommend the DDM.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound Last post on 8/26/13 at 2:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear, Iphone control (with mic), gym/jogging headphones Last post on 8/2/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with braided cables? Last post on 7/29/12 at 8:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
DBA-02 Availability - Page 2post #16 of 1910/2/10 at 10:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1910/3/10 at 11:49pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Nightslayer
@yello131: Using head-fi for commercial personal benefits = Not too ethical, friend. And promoting them is fine, but dissing other earphones which you clearly haven't heard for yourself while doing that and depriving the OP of an objective point of view isn't.
@jaykarnik: Apparently according to treoo the next time the DBAs will be available will be the end of Oct, if you're willing to wait till then you'll get excellent value for your money. The DBAs sound comparable to the SM3/IE8/TF10/SE535 tiered headphones, and at half the price. The hype isn't unmerited, they really sound astronomically good. If you're looking for great detail and separation on your IEMs these would be the ones you're after, soundstage is only above average though.
What do you mean when you say "soundstage is only above average"??post #18 of 1910/4/10 at 12:56am
What I mean is that there's a lot of hype about the DBAs having phenomenal soundstage, but I feel that what they DO have is excellent separation and spacing, but limited soundstage if you're thinking about spatial placing of instruments and the depth at which that is achieved. The sound still feels quite like it's coming from inside your head, not as open as say cans. But that being said, there is a hint of outside-the-head placing, and very good positioning, which is more than can be said for 90% of the IEMs on the market.
Oh by the way seeing as it is I'm quite picky about this (I somehow percieve my SR60 Grados don't output a sound with an entirely proper soundstaging either) you may want to take my words with a pinch of salt. I still highly reccomend the IEM by the way (:
Edited by Nightslayer - 10/4/10 at 12:58ampost #19 of 1910/4/10 at 5:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Nightslayer
What I mean is that there's a lot of hype about the DBAs having phenomenal soundstage, but I feel that what they DO have is excellent separation and spacing, but limited soundstage if you're thinking about spatial placing of instruments and the depth at which that is achieved.
Definition: Soundstage is the ability to visualize the placement of musical instruments and vocalists in a music recording. A good soundstage also allows the listener to perceive the size and space of the performance venue in which the recording was made.
The dimensional placement you're talking about greatly depends on the recording. I find that the DBA-02 are exceptionally accurate with dimensional placement on binaural recordings. Dead on accurate.
Edited by LFF - 10/4/10 at 5:47amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Availability
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Teac HA-P50-B Portable DAC Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Siblence Fix, making them sound like the HD 800 -... 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 (GREEN) 4 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 4 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear