Well you are recommending an earphone when there is no indication that a suggestion is needed. I don't see how you saw dba-02 availability as a good place to recommend the DDM.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound Last post on 8/26/13 at 2:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear, Iphone control (with mic), gym/jogging headphones Last post on 8/2/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with braided cables? Last post on 7/29/12 at 8:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The PMV A-01 was sent to me from PMV by the help on Penon Audio. Thank you to both for let me try them out! The price at the time of this review was $69. The PMV A-1 is available from the Penon...
Cayin have always intrigued me, their approach to portable audio isn't about sound quality alone, far from. Their designs are some of the most unique...
published on April 30, 2016 - download a printable 8-page PDF version of this review (right-click the link & save target, or just tap for mobile devices) (click any photo in this review...
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
DBA-02 Availability - Page 2post #16 of 1910/2/10 at 10:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1910/3/10 at 11:49pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Nightslayer
@yello131: Using head-fi for commercial personal benefits = Not too ethical, friend. And promoting them is fine, but dissing other earphones which you clearly haven't heard for yourself while doing that and depriving the OP of an objective point of view isn't.
@jaykarnik: Apparently according to treoo the next time the DBAs will be available will be the end of Oct, if you're willing to wait till then you'll get excellent value for your money. The DBAs sound comparable to the SM3/IE8/TF10/SE535 tiered headphones, and at half the price. The hype isn't unmerited, they really sound astronomically good. If you're looking for great detail and separation on your IEMs these would be the ones you're after, soundstage is only above average though.
What do you mean when you say "soundstage is only above average"??post #18 of 1910/4/10 at 12:56am
What I mean is that there's a lot of hype about the DBAs having phenomenal soundstage, but I feel that what they DO have is excellent separation and spacing, but limited soundstage if you're thinking about spatial placing of instruments and the depth at which that is achieved. The sound still feels quite like it's coming from inside your head, not as open as say cans. But that being said, there is a hint of outside-the-head placing, and very good positioning, which is more than can be said for 90% of the IEMs on the market.
Oh by the way seeing as it is I'm quite picky about this (I somehow percieve my SR60 Grados don't output a sound with an entirely proper soundstaging either) you may want to take my words with a pinch of salt. I still highly reccomend the IEM by the way (:
Edited by Nightslayer - 10/4/10 at 12:58ampost #19 of 1910/4/10 at 5:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Nightslayer
What I mean is that there's a lot of hype about the DBAs having phenomenal soundstage, but I feel that what they DO have is excellent separation and spacing, but limited soundstage if you're thinking about spatial placing of instruments and the depth at which that is achieved.
Definition: Soundstage is the ability to visualize the placement of musical instruments and vocalists in a music recording. A good soundstage also allows the listener to perceive the size and space of the performance venue in which the recording was made.
The dimensional placement you're talking about greatly depends on the recording. I find that the DBA-02 are exceptionally accurate with dimensional placement on binaural recordings. Dead on accurate.
Edited by LFF - 10/4/10 at 5:47amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Availability
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cayin iHA-6 - the new "affordable reference" class balanced desktop... 34 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 39 seconds ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 46 seconds ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 57 seconds ago
- › Adding an tube amp to my set-up 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 2 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphones by Nymphonomaniac
- › PMV A-01 HYBIRD IEM by peter123
- › Cayin N5 DSD Lossless Music Player by H20Fidelity
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse