Well you are recommending an earphone when there is no indication that a suggestion is needed. I don't see how you saw dba-02 availability as a good place to recommend the DDM.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound Last post on 8/26/13 at 2:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear, Iphone control (with mic), gym/jogging headphones Last post on 8/2/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with braided cables? Last post on 7/29/12 at 8:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
DBA-02 Availability - Page 2post #16 of 1910/2/10 at 10:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1910/3/10 at 11:49pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Nightslayer
@yello131: Using head-fi for commercial personal benefits = Not too ethical, friend. And promoting them is fine, but dissing other earphones which you clearly haven't heard for yourself while doing that and depriving the OP of an objective point of view isn't.
@jaykarnik: Apparently according to treoo the next time the DBAs will be available will be the end of Oct, if you're willing to wait till then you'll get excellent value for your money. The DBAs sound comparable to the SM3/IE8/TF10/SE535 tiered headphones, and at half the price. The hype isn't unmerited, they really sound astronomically good. If you're looking for great detail and separation on your IEMs these would be the ones you're after, soundstage is only above average though.
What do you mean when you say "soundstage is only above average"??post #18 of 1910/4/10 at 12:56am
What I mean is that there's a lot of hype about the DBAs having phenomenal soundstage, but I feel that what they DO have is excellent separation and spacing, but limited soundstage if you're thinking about spatial placing of instruments and the depth at which that is achieved. The sound still feels quite like it's coming from inside your head, not as open as say cans. But that being said, there is a hint of outside-the-head placing, and very good positioning, which is more than can be said for 90% of the IEMs on the market.
Oh by the way seeing as it is I'm quite picky about this (I somehow percieve my SR60 Grados don't output a sound with an entirely proper soundstaging either) you may want to take my words with a pinch of salt. I still highly reccomend the IEM by the way (:
Edited by Nightslayer - 10/4/10 at 12:58ampost #19 of 1910/4/10 at 5:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Nightslayer
What I mean is that there's a lot of hype about the DBAs having phenomenal soundstage, but I feel that what they DO have is excellent separation and spacing, but limited soundstage if you're thinking about spatial placing of instruments and the depth at which that is achieved.
Definition: Soundstage is the ability to visualize the placement of musical instruments and vocalists in a music recording. A good soundstage also allows the listener to perceive the size and space of the performance venue in which the recording was made.
The dimensional placement you're talking about greatly depends on the recording. I find that the DBA-02 are exceptionally accurate with dimensional placement on binaural recordings. Dead on accurate.
Edited by LFF - 10/4/10 at 5:47amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Availability
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Astell&Kern AK380 48 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Near Mint Black Oppo PM-3 w/ original box 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 5 minutes ago
- › Smsl m6 and iPhone/ipad 6 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...