Well you are recommending an earphone when there is no indication that a suggestion is needed. I don't see how you saw dba-02 availability as a good place to recommend the DDM.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound Last post on 8/26/13 at 2:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear, Iphone control (with mic), gym/jogging headphones Last post on 8/2/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with braided cables? Last post on 7/29/12 at 8:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
DBA-02 Availability - Page 2post #16 of 1910/2/10 at 10:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1910/3/10 at 11:49pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Nightslayer
@yello131: Using head-fi for commercial personal benefits = Not too ethical, friend. And promoting them is fine, but dissing other earphones which you clearly haven't heard for yourself while doing that and depriving the OP of an objective point of view isn't.
@jaykarnik: Apparently according to treoo the next time the DBAs will be available will be the end of Oct, if you're willing to wait till then you'll get excellent value for your money. The DBAs sound comparable to the SM3/IE8/TF10/SE535 tiered headphones, and at half the price. The hype isn't unmerited, they really sound astronomically good. If you're looking for great detail and separation on your IEMs these would be the ones you're after, soundstage is only above average though.
What do you mean when you say "soundstage is only above average"??post #18 of 1910/4/10 at 12:56am
What I mean is that there's a lot of hype about the DBAs having phenomenal soundstage, but I feel that what they DO have is excellent separation and spacing, but limited soundstage if you're thinking about spatial placing of instruments and the depth at which that is achieved. The sound still feels quite like it's coming from inside your head, not as open as say cans. But that being said, there is a hint of outside-the-head placing, and very good positioning, which is more than can be said for 90% of the IEMs on the market.
Oh by the way seeing as it is I'm quite picky about this (I somehow percieve my SR60 Grados don't output a sound with an entirely proper soundstaging either) you may want to take my words with a pinch of salt. I still highly reccomend the IEM by the way (:
Edited by Nightslayer - 10/4/10 at 12:58ampost #19 of 1910/4/10 at 5:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Nightslayer
What I mean is that there's a lot of hype about the DBAs having phenomenal soundstage, but I feel that what they DO have is excellent separation and spacing, but limited soundstage if you're thinking about spatial placing of instruments and the depth at which that is achieved.
Definition: Soundstage is the ability to visualize the placement of musical instruments and vocalists in a music recording. A good soundstage also allows the listener to perceive the size and space of the performance venue in which the recording was made.
The dimensional placement you're talking about greatly depends on the recording. I find that the DBA-02 are exceptionally accurate with dimensional placement on binaural recordings. Dead on accurate.
Edited by LFF - 10/4/10 at 5:47amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Availability
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What creates soundstage in headphones?? 6 seconds ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD650 33 seconds ago
- › Upgrade recommendations for a D2000 owner? 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze "Prototype-Z"! 3 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 resource thread 3 minutes ago
- › hifimediy sabre usb dac with android. 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)