Well you are recommending an earphone when there is no indication that a suggestion is needed. I don't see how you saw dba-02 availability as a good place to recommend the DDM.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for earphones with little to no bass, clear sound Last post on 8/26/13 at 2:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear, Iphone control (with mic), gym/jogging headphones Last post on 8/2/12 at 1:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's with braided cables? Last post on 7/29/12 at 8:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for deployment to Afghanistan? Last post on 7/25/12 at 12:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Introduction Meze 99 Neo – The new classic headphone from Meze. Meze 99 Neo is the new headphone, or rather a headphone with a twist from the Romanian headphone producer Meze....
DBA-02 Availability - Page 2post #16 of 1910/2/10 at 10:14am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1910/3/10 at 11:49pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Nightslayer
@yello131: Using head-fi for commercial personal benefits = Not too ethical, friend. And promoting them is fine, but dissing other earphones which you clearly haven't heard for yourself while doing that and depriving the OP of an objective point of view isn't.
@jaykarnik: Apparently according to treoo the next time the DBAs will be available will be the end of Oct, if you're willing to wait till then you'll get excellent value for your money. The DBAs sound comparable to the SM3/IE8/TF10/SE535 tiered headphones, and at half the price. The hype isn't unmerited, they really sound astronomically good. If you're looking for great detail and separation on your IEMs these would be the ones you're after, soundstage is only above average though.
What do you mean when you say "soundstage is only above average"??post #18 of 1910/4/10 at 12:56am
What I mean is that there's a lot of hype about the DBAs having phenomenal soundstage, but I feel that what they DO have is excellent separation and spacing, but limited soundstage if you're thinking about spatial placing of instruments and the depth at which that is achieved. The sound still feels quite like it's coming from inside your head, not as open as say cans. But that being said, there is a hint of outside-the-head placing, and very good positioning, which is more than can be said for 90% of the IEMs on the market.
Oh by the way seeing as it is I'm quite picky about this (I somehow percieve my SR60 Grados don't output a sound with an entirely proper soundstaging either) you may want to take my words with a pinch of salt. I still highly reccomend the IEM by the way (:
Edited by Nightslayer - 10/4/10 at 12:58ampost #19 of 1910/4/10 at 5:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Nightslayer
What I mean is that there's a lot of hype about the DBAs having phenomenal soundstage, but I feel that what they DO have is excellent separation and spacing, but limited soundstage if you're thinking about spatial placing of instruments and the depth at which that is achieved.
Definition: Soundstage is the ability to visualize the placement of musical instruments and vocalists in a music recording. A good soundstage also allows the listener to perceive the size and space of the performance venue in which the recording was made.
The dimensional placement you're talking about greatly depends on the recording. I find that the DBA-02 are exceptionally accurate with dimensional placement on binaural recordings. Dead on accurate.
Edited by LFF - 10/4/10 at 5:47amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 Availability
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 24 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 3 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD-Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear