or "from what I recall"
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 9/13/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) Last post on Today at 9:52 pm in Video Games Discussion
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Yet another recommendation thread! Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
An early welcome greeted me when I arrived in Los Angeles for the 2015 CanJam SoCal meet: A new pair of MrSpeakers headphones. Dan Clark, having spent many years modifying the inexpensive...
This will be more of my impressions/comparisons and less of a review. I will be comparing them to the HD800 & K712 Pro ran over USB to the Cayin Spark C5 DAC/Amp (HD800 - Low Gain, K12 - Low Gain,...
This review is based in my experience of almost 6 months with them, running 24/96 Flacs > Foobar2K > Wasapi > Asus Realtek ALC1150 + 4580 Op-amp > HD668B I decided to reboot my interest in audio...
It is surprising that no one else has posted a review, maybe all are enjoying it too much to bother. I've been holding back from writing a review because it is important to live with a mobile...
[GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More - Page 4post #46 of 16909/29/10 at 3:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 16909/29/10 at 3:43pmThread Starter
It could either. It does not matter really
But guys I will be adding the T50P to this comparison as well. Thanks Dave for letting me borrow them!!
post #48 of 16909/29/10 at 4:00pm
Then the T1....then the T5p.......post #49 of 16909/29/10 at 4:29pmThread Starterpost #50 of 16909/29/10 at 4:37pmpost #51 of 169010/1/10 at 1:03am
http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headphones/19779/Beyerdynamic+DT770.htm - Anyone know what the sonic differences are for this new 2010 version over the other 770's - if any. I'm reading on the above site that these are for monitoring yet on the Beyer site they say the Pro version are for monitoring......?post #52 of 169010/1/10 at 3:21am
I don't think they know what they are selling.
Looks like a premium consumer edition with a pro description where they made the 2010 tag up by themself for selling purposes.
Beyer has nothing on their site about a 2010 edition.
I wouldn't buy from iheadphones.
Quote:Originally Posted by gjc10212
http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headphones/19779/Beyerdynamic+DT770.htm - Anyone know what the sonic differences are for this new 2010 version over the other 770's - if any. I'm reading on the above site that these are for monitoring yet on the Beyer site they say the Pro version are for monitoring......?post #53 of 169010/1/10 at 6:33am
Hello. Quick question for the OP and other Beyer experts. I have a opportunity to purchase either the DT770-80ohm, DT880-250ohm or DT990-250ohm. My gear is quite limited, I'll get a Mixamp and maybe some Bravo tube amp or a PA2v2 amp.
I'm mainly using the headphones for gaming on PS3, watching movies and music on PC. I'd like some isolation, but it is not the most important thing. What counts the most for me is imersion, confort, sound quality and enjoying what I'm doing.
I may or may not upgrade my gear in the future, it depends on many variables, but I'd say it will take at least one year to move move to the "next level".
Please advice!post #54 of 169010/1/10 at 8:58am
I think I went through about 50 threads on this subject when I was trying to decide which model of DT770 to purchase (great hobby for us OCD types ). My Beyerdynamic T1s are kings on my home setup and I decided on the DT770 for my transportable/work setup because they have a little more isolation than the DT250-80ohms I was using.
In response to the first post, please note that not all 2003 DT770 80ohms are the DT770M version (this is a high-isolation version for drummers which does not seem to get good reviews for sound). There is a regular 2003 DT770 80ohm which was sold exclusively by Guitar Center and is no longer available. There is also the 2003 DT770-80ohm Pro which has a higher clamping force than the non-Pro version and can still be purchased new.
Skylab is my Beyerdynamic guru and I found a number of posts in which he states his preference for the 2003 DT770-80ohm above the 2003 DT770-250ohm, 2005 DT770-32ohm and 2005 DT770-250ohm due to it having the least amount of midrange recession (this was my biggest problem with the 2003 DT-990 Pro 250ohm and 2005 DT-990 250ohm). I purchased a pair of 2003 DT770-80ohm Pros and would have to agree that they are somewhat even for headphones that are known for boosted bass/treble. I do not believe he was including the 2005 DT770-600ohm in this grouping. The 600 ohm versions of each model are likely your best choice if you have a powerful amplifier (I've A/B'd the 2005 DT-880 250ohm & 600ohm).
Beyerdynamic if great if you like having options!
Edited by nierika - 10/1/10 at 9:00ampost #55 of 169010/4/10 at 2:17pm
I have a question for the more experienced Beyer guys.
I have a DT990 250ohm, which is my current favorite set. I was thinking of trying a set of DT770 to see if they have a bit better bass (a bit more bass, and more impact) without giving up much in the other areas of the DT990 sound signature.
Will a guy (me) that can't hear a significant difference between an MS2i and the RS1 (or even an SR80 for that matter) hear the differences described in this thread. In other words, how significant are the differences described? Could someone use some numbers to quantify the differences?
I may not try the DT770 in any case, because I really like the airy open sound of the DT990, but if I could get significantly more bass impact with a DT770 without giving up to much else, I would be tempted to try a pair.post #56 of 169010/4/10 at 3:27pmpost #57 of 169010/4/10 at 3:43pm
Nierika, thanks for your thoughts. I don't know what version from the DT770s are available in the store close to my house, but I'm pretty some it is a Pro-80ohms, or something else-80 ohms.
Harvistein, FWIR, the 770s have better (heavier) bass than the 990s, that is for sure, but as you mentioned, they are closed headphones. So, if you don't like closed headphones, maybe you should getting a pair and regretting later (of course you can always sell or send it back to the store). Unfortunately, it seems that headphones with higher bass are more likely to be closed, since the "openess" tend to "dilute" the bass effect.post #58 of 169010/4/10 at 4:01pmpost #59 of 169010/4/10 at 5:45pm@Harvinstein FWIR in the descriptions it looks like you want to go to the 600ohm DT990I would say if you can find a guitar center around you go there and try out the DT770.Quote:Originally Posted by Zombie_X
The 600Ohm model is the definitive version of the DT990 and has the smoothest treble of the DT990 line. It’s also the most detailed treble of all three lines and offers the most extension. The midrange of this model is close to the 250Ohm DT880 and is rather shallow, but far more improved over the 250Ohm DT990. The DT990 600Ohm’s mids are a little bit more transparent and detailed over its 250Ohm counterpart, but not nearly as full sounding as the 600Ohm DT880. The DT990 still has a slightly more detailed midrange over the 600Ohm DT880. Bass on this model is just insane. It has so much impact and is so tight and controlled sounding it makes you question that’s it’s an open headphone. Also the bass is very snappy and fast, far faster sounding than the other DT990 variants. Really just the most impactfull and controlled bas I’ve heard from an open headphone. The soundstage also beats all the DT770 and DT880 models and is pretty wide and deep. The imaging though is just a bit better than the 600Ohm DT880, but not by much.
Edited by fiewtoid - 10/4/10 at 5:46pm
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 34 seconds ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 56 seconds ago
- › AK100II mint condition 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › iDAC2 launching with a bang! Competition with MEGA goodies. Gotta... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 4 minutes ago
- › Sold // Symphones Magnum V3 - Made from Grado 325is 5 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone350 impressions and Australian review tour thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Rumours and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo... by audionut44
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by RedTwilight
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)