or "from what I recall"
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 9/13/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Today at 12:15 am in Video Games Discussion
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Yet another recommendation thread! Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
[GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More - Page 4post #46 of 17699/29/10 at 3:32pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 17699/29/10 at 3:43pmThread Starter
It could either. It does not matter really
But guys I will be adding the T50P to this comparison as well. Thanks Dave for letting me borrow them!!
post #48 of 17699/29/10 at 4:00pm
Then the T1....then the T5p.......post #49 of 17699/29/10 at 4:29pmThread Starterpost #50 of 17699/29/10 at 4:37pmpost #51 of 176910/1/10 at 1:03am
http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headphones/19779/Beyerdynamic+DT770.htm - Anyone know what the sonic differences are for this new 2010 version over the other 770's - if any. I'm reading on the above site that these are for monitoring yet on the Beyer site they say the Pro version are for monitoring......?post #52 of 176910/1/10 at 3:21am
I don't think they know what they are selling.
Looks like a premium consumer edition with a pro description where they made the 2010 tag up by themself for selling purposes.
Beyer has nothing on their site about a 2010 edition.
I wouldn't buy from iheadphones.
Quote:Originally Posted by gjc10212
http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/headphones/19779/Beyerdynamic+DT770.htm - Anyone know what the sonic differences are for this new 2010 version over the other 770's - if any. I'm reading on the above site that these are for monitoring yet on the Beyer site they say the Pro version are for monitoring......?post #53 of 176910/1/10 at 6:33am
Hello. Quick question for the OP and other Beyer experts. I have a opportunity to purchase either the DT770-80ohm, DT880-250ohm or DT990-250ohm. My gear is quite limited, I'll get a Mixamp and maybe some Bravo tube amp or a PA2v2 amp.
I'm mainly using the headphones for gaming on PS3, watching movies and music on PC. I'd like some isolation, but it is not the most important thing. What counts the most for me is imersion, confort, sound quality and enjoying what I'm doing.
I may or may not upgrade my gear in the future, it depends on many variables, but I'd say it will take at least one year to move move to the "next level".
Please advice!post #54 of 176910/1/10 at 8:58am
I think I went through about 50 threads on this subject when I was trying to decide which model of DT770 to purchase (great hobby for us OCD types ). My Beyerdynamic T1s are kings on my home setup and I decided on the DT770 for my transportable/work setup because they have a little more isolation than the DT250-80ohms I was using.
In response to the first post, please note that not all 2003 DT770 80ohms are the DT770M version (this is a high-isolation version for drummers which does not seem to get good reviews for sound). There is a regular 2003 DT770 80ohm which was sold exclusively by Guitar Center and is no longer available. There is also the 2003 DT770-80ohm Pro which has a higher clamping force than the non-Pro version and can still be purchased new.
Skylab is my Beyerdynamic guru and I found a number of posts in which he states his preference for the 2003 DT770-80ohm above the 2003 DT770-250ohm, 2005 DT770-32ohm and 2005 DT770-250ohm due to it having the least amount of midrange recession (this was my biggest problem with the 2003 DT-990 Pro 250ohm and 2005 DT-990 250ohm). I purchased a pair of 2003 DT770-80ohm Pros and would have to agree that they are somewhat even for headphones that are known for boosted bass/treble. I do not believe he was including the 2005 DT770-600ohm in this grouping. The 600 ohm versions of each model are likely your best choice if you have a powerful amplifier (I've A/B'd the 2005 DT-880 250ohm & 600ohm).
Beyerdynamic if great if you like having options!
Edited by nierika - 10/1/10 at 9:00ampost #55 of 176910/4/10 at 2:17pm
I have a question for the more experienced Beyer guys.
I have a DT990 250ohm, which is my current favorite set. I was thinking of trying a set of DT770 to see if they have a bit better bass (a bit more bass, and more impact) without giving up much in the other areas of the DT990 sound signature.
Will a guy (me) that can't hear a significant difference between an MS2i and the RS1 (or even an SR80 for that matter) hear the differences described in this thread. In other words, how significant are the differences described? Could someone use some numbers to quantify the differences?
I may not try the DT770 in any case, because I really like the airy open sound of the DT990, but if I could get significantly more bass impact with a DT770 without giving up to much else, I would be tempted to try a pair.post #56 of 176910/4/10 at 3:27pmpost #57 of 176910/4/10 at 3:43pm
Nierika, thanks for your thoughts. I don't know what version from the DT770s are available in the store close to my house, but I'm pretty some it is a Pro-80ohms, or something else-80 ohms.
Harvistein, FWIR, the 770s have better (heavier) bass than the 990s, that is for sure, but as you mentioned, they are closed headphones. So, if you don't like closed headphones, maybe you should getting a pair and regretting later (of course you can always sell or send it back to the store). Unfortunately, it seems that headphones with higher bass are more likely to be closed, since the "openess" tend to "dilute" the bass effect.post #58 of 176910/4/10 at 4:01pmpost #59 of 176910/4/10 at 5:45pm@Harvinstein FWIR in the descriptions it looks like you want to go to the 600ohm DT990I would say if you can find a guitar center around you go there and try out the DT770.Quote:Originally Posted by Zombie_X
The 600Ohm model is the definitive version of the DT990 and has the smoothest treble of the DT990 line. It’s also the most detailed treble of all three lines and offers the most extension. The midrange of this model is close to the 250Ohm DT880 and is rather shallow, but far more improved over the 250Ohm DT990. The DT990 600Ohm’s mids are a little bit more transparent and detailed over its 250Ohm counterpart, but not nearly as full sounding as the 600Ohm DT880. The DT990 still has a slightly more detailed midrange over the 600Ohm DT880. Bass on this model is just insane. It has so much impact and is so tight and controlled sounding it makes you question that’s it’s an open headphone. Also the bass is very snappy and fast, far faster sounding than the other DT990 variants. Really just the most impactfull and controlled bas I’ve heard from an open headphone. The soundstage also beats all the DT770 and DT880 models and is pretty wide and deep. The imaging though is just a bit better than the 600Ohm DT880, but not by much.
Edited by fiewtoid - 10/4/10 at 5:46pm
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... just now
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 7 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 49 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Hello all, looking Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear