Thanks for the info Zombie_X.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 9/13/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Yet another recommendation thread! Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I thought I knew what I wanted....until I came here. HELP! (Gaming) Last post on 10/8/10 at 5:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- What is the different between beyerdynamic DT 770M and DT 770Pro? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 10/2/11 at 1:24am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
[GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More - Page 106post #1576 of 15839/8/13 at 9:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1577 of 15839/9/13 at 10:36pmThread Starterpost #1578 of 158310/2/13 at 6:17pm
If I can get a DT 990 Professional 250 OHM plus an amp for the same price of a lone DT 990 Premium 32 OHM, which should I buy? I understand there's a slight difference in sound quality and soundstage, so I just want to be sure I'd get the best experience for the money before I make my purchase. I'm looking to use the headphones mostly for music (at the computer and from my iPhone) and gaming.post #1579 of 158310/5/13 at 2:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Geo212
If I can get a DT 990 Professional 250 OHM plus an amp for the same price of a lone DT 990 Premium 32 OHM, which should I buy? I understand there's a slight difference in sound quality and soundstage, so I just want to be sure I'd get the best experience for the money before I make my purchase. I'm looking to use the headphones mostly for music (at the computer and from my iPhone) and gaming.
go with the Dt 990 pro and the Amp,
also do you already have a Dac for your pc? If not a Dac/Amp like the E17 might be worth while, or something more powerful like the ole E9/E7 Combo
oh lord NOSTALGIA, I remember wanting SO bad to get that old Fiio Desktop Combo!... now I have a giant NFB 10ES2 sitting beside me,
but if you don't have a DAC or a nice Sound Card on ur pc, go for a Dac Amp combo unit, and the Pro 250s,post #1580 of 158310/10/13 at 1:31pmpost #1581 of 158310/30/13 at 9:36am
After watching all your videos, I finally got the DT770 Premium 250 Ohm. Its funny, because after listening to the MDR-1R's for 2 months now, I was getting annoyed by the fact that there was barely any upper mids. Maybe there was, but the quality was poor. Plus, the treble lacked so much detail and the bass was too mid-bass centric.
After I demoed the DT770's in the store, I was amazed. The upper mids were there, treble was nice and shimmery and there was no annoying mid-bass hump. The transient response and resolution was very impressive as well. I have no regrets buying them.post #1582 of 158311/6/13 at 8:22ampost #1583 of 158311/21/13 at 7:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zombie_X
I got my 600Ohm DT990/DT880 drivers in and popped them into the DT990 Pro housing.
Well I gotta say the DT880 sounds different in a fully open shell. The sound is smoother and it seems they became more focussed and the soundstage widened up. There is a lot more air in the sound as well. Though they did get slightly brighter. Not bad though. Oh and the bass did tighten up and seemed to have gained some impact, but not much. There was a change but it was not massive. Is it worth the $120 investment on drivers though? I say no but it's up to you.
The DT990 is in a similar situation, but better. The bass is tighter and faster with more impact, the treble is smoother and more refined, the soundstage is about the same but has more air, and the mids are more forward. Really it's like the DT990 PRO sound but has all the finesse and refinement of the 600Ohm models. So it's indeed improved. Is it worth it though? Nah I say. Sure it sounds better than the normal 600Ohm DT990 but you have to spend more money to get there.
Interesting switch, i hate the regular housing and i like the Pro housing more...
Do you think adding an impedance adapter to match the 600 ohms of the regular DT990 on the DT990 Pro would get similar results, or are the drivers that differently tunned? I'd like to do the switch someday, but for now, i have different headphones in my horizon.
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 17 seconds ago
- › FS Like New Audeze LCD-3 Headphones Complete Package 54 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › How many headphones is too much? 3 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe