In that particular shop, however, the Pro costs the same as the 250 Ω Premium, and only 10 € cheaper than the 600 Ω one.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 32 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 9/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 9/13/11
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 9/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 9/13/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 9/13/11
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 which version? Last post on 8/23/11 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Today at 3:20 am in Video Games Discussion
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Yet another recommendation thread! Last post on 8/24/10 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
[GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More - Page 86
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1277 of 17161/7/13 at 11:43ampost #1278 of 17161/8/13 at 10:20am
I just want to give my appraisal for the Beyedynamic DT990 Pro (250 Ohms).
I received my pair today (after more than one month lurking on the forums). I feel I owe my short opinion to the forums after so many useful information found here.
I'm listening to them right now and have less than 2hours...so no burn in.
I am extremely happy with them!!! At least the few songs I tried until now. It's exactly what I wanted. Open headphones with good bass. The overall build quality is top notch in my opinion. What impresses me the most on this pair of headphones is the soundstage. People always talk about heavy bass+treble....but what is the most obvious to me, is the great and detailed soundstage. I think they sound even better than my previous HD555 from this point of view. I know they don't have a flat frequency response, but indeed, they are really FUN headphones! I think you can listen to anything with them and it will be a pleasure. Until now I was impressed with the electronic music. Bass is great and if someone needs more, it can be EQed. Of course it's not as punchy like a closed pair (i compared them to AKG K518)...but they are open headphones and I am extremely pleased with this bass. For my tastes it's not over exaggerated. Neither the treble.
These cans obviously need more power and I had to raise the volume quite a lot, but my Audinst Mx1 does this job great!
A very happy buyer! Thanks a lot guys!post #1279 of 17161/8/13 at 11:32pmpost #1280 of 17161/8/13 at 11:39pm
If you had to consider a secondary pair of headphones for music that anything that the HD 598 does not excel in (especially bass-y music like dubstep or D&B), would you recommend any of them?post #1281 of 17161/10/13 at 5:34ampost #1282 of 17161/10/13 at 8:53am
Guys i got a huge problem.
The dt 880 Sound is soooo low!
I plugged my E9k via usb to my pc and docked the e17. I set the e17 as my DAC. Now i switch behind the e9k to high gain and there is barely any sound. Ihave the knob turned to the far right till the end and it has no volume at all.
What did i do wrong?
post #1283 of 17161/10/13 at 8:59ampost #1284 of 17161/10/13 at 9:03ampost #1285 of 17161/10/13 at 12:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by stv014
The different clamping force is probably responsible for much of any difference in the sound, for example a stronger clamp can increase the amount of bass.
Other than the already mentioned differences, the Pro also has a coiled cord (which is of the same length fully extended, but in practice the usable length is much shorter), and the package does not include a carrying case.
Yea that "extra bass" from the additional clamp is why I'm going for the Pro 250, in addition 250 ohms cans love my Hifiman so I can kill two birds with one stone. Non the less I want a 600 ohm Dt 880 [but not a 600 ohm dt 990...]
one month till I can get my dt 990 pro 250 :Dpost #1286 of 17161/11/13 at 8:53ampost #1287 of 17161/11/13 at 11:08am
Depends on what you call 'best'.
I had the DT770 consumer editions 250 and 600 ohm. The latter was incredible dull and lifeless. And I had a OTL tube amp at the time to drive them.
The 250 ohm has better PRaT, and fuller sounding mids.post #1288 of 17161/16/13 at 5:40pmpost #1289 of 17161/16/13 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bombaman
I just looked at the Beyerdyamics site: http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/service/faqs/faq-for-headphones.html
There seem to be differences. Pro designed for Studio listening, Edition for easy home listening. The Edition also is likely t have a more transparent and open Sound.
I would take no notice of that description on Beyer's site as it makes little sense. It appears even Beyer don't understand the differences in their phones.
"The headband provides a long wearing comfort for hours, causing the DT 880 Edition to have a more transparent and open sound in comparison to the DT 880 PRO"
What do they mean here? Clamping pressure? Higher clamping pressure will probably increase bass and will bring the driver slightly closer to the ear, for better or worse, but clamping pressure can be ameliorated by bending the headband slightly. Personally I prefer the higher pressure.
"The differences of both headphones are not huge in mechanical design, but only that small change causes a big difference in sound and application."
Why would that small change make a big difference leading to a more open and transparent sound? Does that mean that if all manufacturers decrease the clamping force of the phones they'll be more open and transparent? The fact is, the headphones are identical except for clamping pressure and cord (about which nothing is mentioned), so pick whichever version is cheaper if you don't mind a coiled cord (I prefer it). And take no notice whatsoever of Beyer's website.post #1290 of 17161/17/13 at 2:35am
pp312 is right. Those descriptions on Beyer's site are nothing more than sales copy describing the fact that they market the Pro versions to professionals and the Premium versions to home listeners. That doesn't mean you can't use the Premiums in a studio or the Pro at home. ;) The only differences are the appearance, the clamping force, and the coiled cable.
- [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 31 seconds ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 46 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Beats solo 2 or mixr or any other recommendations? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...