Hi, does anyone have the same problem? I just can't get it untwisted from the Y to the phones! It "rolls" and twists.... and I feel like I"m the only one. I did buy them used, and there is a strange spot that looks like it was frayed and repaired.... maybe I got some one's cat-bitten pair? They sound good.... but this cable things is making me mental... anyone else?
Related Forum Threads
- Denon Refuse to help Last post on 9/11/12 at 6:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/8/14 at 2:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Inputs needed: Denon AH-D7000 + iBasso D6 DAC Amplifier? Last post on 6/23/12 at 12:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Taking big step up to expensive portable sets $1500-1800 Budget Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone heard the Denon AHC260(R) or AHC560R? Last post on 9/8/12 at 11:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
- Hi End Cables
Twisted D7000 cable. Help (?)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is it possible you got one of the early pairs where the cup fell off, and when they remounted it, they didn't pay attention to whether the wire to the cup that fell off was twisted? I'm sorry, with such an expensive pair of headphones, that sounds like a bummer.
Yup... bummer alright, but at least they put it back on! .... I'm no slouch... I guess I could take it back off and remount it without breaking it..... maybe I'll give that a shot!
Go for it! All evidence indicates that you would do a better job than whoever did it the first time.
I just got a pair of D2000 and now know what you mean. Here's my solution: Remove the head off a black seven inch zip tie and fold it in half forming a V. Position this at the base of the yoke and secure the top and bottom of each side with electrical tape. Looks very discrete. Now you have sort of stethescope that no longer rolls on you. I have a photo of this but somehow I don't have permission to attach.
- Twisted D7000 cable. Help (?)
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 8 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 11 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 39 seconds ago
- › New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable 48 seconds ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 54 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › ODAC w/ RCA 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob