For substantiality's sake, could you link to any graph/evidence that proves this?
- productCowon S9 16 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Chrome/Black)tagged by System, 9/22/10
- productCowon S9 16 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/22/10
- productCowon S9 32 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/22/10
- productCowon S9 8 GB Video MP3 Player with Touchscreen (Titanium Black)tagged by System, 9/22/10
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 9/22/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 9/22/10
Related Forum Threads
- Can you really hear the difference?? Last post on 9/9/10 at 6:27am in Portable Source Gear
- Recharging adapter for the J3 Last post on 7/11/10 at 10:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- If you have a good set of earphones, does the player matter in terms of the overall sound quality... Last post on 10/12/10 at 1:41am in Portable Source Gear
- PMP with lyrics playback Last post on 9/21/10 at 3:31am in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon S9 Impressions Last post on 9/22/10 at 5:11pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
Help choosing a new mp3 player!? - Page 2
Poll Results: Which do you think id better?
32% (9)Cowon S9
3% (1)iAudio 9
17% (5)Sony A84x
3% (1)Sony S54x
42% (12)Other (please write in comment)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
This thread shows the RMAA test for the Sony A845 LO - scroll to the bottom
The final device in both chains is the very good iBasso T3.
Thanks! It's interesting, to say the least, that Sony fails to impress in those tests. Then again, these tests don't include the X-series. Strange thing is, I've compared a lot of DAPs with an open mind, no preference for any brand at all, and in blind tests I always ended up liking the sound of the X1050 the most. I think I own pretty much every brand out there (no iRiver though) and, if available, a LOD for that brand as well. So in the end, the one that has a less than perfect RMAA graph still gives me the most enjoyable listening experience. I wonder if I would, unintentionally, change my mind if I saw conclusive evidence about the X's line-out as well.
I love the sound of Sony generally. Warm and thick - if not wonderfully detailed for strings, I love the signature. Because of that, I've owned about 7 Sony players (3 of which were MD players) and a couple of CD walkman's. The Line Out in the A828 is a lot better than the A845, but still not as good. Simply having a line out does not a good line out make. For line out, I want pretty much neutral sound as colouration -- an artefact of the headphone amp -- should have as little affect as possible. Again, I think the whole lot of portable headphone audio isn't aimed as straight as its home counterpart - the market as a whole doesn't really know anything but portable audio.
What I don't about Sony is the hiss, but otherwise, they are fine.
u'll be very surprized if you listen to Sony e434\444. They are the coldest player i've heard
with A726 i felt clip & touch to be cold but the e434 makes clip & touch sound warmer.
& it shares the same amp from A726
It's really strange to find same amp pumping almost opposite sound sig.
I'd have to say go with the Cowon player, more specifically the J3. I started off with an 8gb S9, quickly ran out of space and got the i9 for bigger capacity. Now, I have the J3 and it's wonderful, I loved my S9 and got along fine with it. I got the J3 for one thing only, expandability.
What I didn't know I was getting was a streamline UI compared to the S9's and maybe its just me, but it seems to handle the sound a tad bit better, or maybe I've just gotten better with the EQ settings lol.
Anyways, not sure about the other Sony players, but, I have no qualms with the J3 specially with a nice little amp to seal the package.
What about the S:flo2?
I like it well enough.
It has some bugs and the UI is slightly sketchy, but it sounds good, to me anyways.
Also, Batch 4 is coming out soon, you can pre-order now, and you (hopefully) won't have to wait forever.
Edited by Splinter Cell38 - 9/25/10 at 8:47pm
Can someone that's heard the S:Flo2 and the Cowon S9 compare the sound signature briefly plz.
Edit: oops I bumped a thread, anyway nice to see sony praise in here. ^^
Edited by kiteki - 10/12/10 at 10:34am
I haven't personally herd both, but from what I've read, people generally prefer the S:flo, though the Cowon S9 has more EQ options?
ClieOS and a few others have made reviews/impression threads.
This One -> http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/461156/s-flo2-impressions-thread I quite like.
Apparently the sound out of an S:flo is classified as 'transparent' dynamic, clean and clear.
- Help choosing a new mp3 player!?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Looking for high quality head phones that are less than 160$ 1 minute ago
- › Koss Portapro Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Eastern Electric Minimax Tube Dac (32-bit dac) 3 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X 5 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi