- 6,156 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Windsor, NS, Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MKIV SE buzzing left channel Last post on 7/23/10 at 3:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- chosing tube amp? Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot mk x series Last post on 4/11/11 at 1:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What would a little dot mkIV do to my setup? Last post on 9/21/10 at 12:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Impressions Thread - Page 26post #376 of 55112/27/13 at 8:29amThe tube rolling thread will probably be your next stop...
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #377 of 55112/27/13 at 8:38am
Yup, TD speaks the truth. I definitely wouldn't use x3 and x4, as it both sounds bad and and requires a little too much volume on the dial to get to comfortable levels.
I do recall Little Dot recommending the highest gain for high impedance cans (300 ohms +) like the HD650, so I think you could safely lump a 250 ohms headphone in the same category.
Way back when I got the MK IV SE paired with the Senn HD650, I had spent time with both x5 - when I was using the unit as an occasional preamp - and x10, and eventually settled for x10 since it gave me the best sound; imho of course, since some find the highest gain - lowest feedback - setting to be too thin, but I find it more realistic and natural.
So, yeah, try it out and report your findings!post #378 of 55112/27/13 at 8:46ampost #379 of 5511/1/14 at 2:21pm
Hello, how are you?
I bought a Little Dot IV SE 1 year ago used from a forum member.
When I receive it was working quite fine and how I wish.
However several months later the left channel started sound louder than the right one. I tried switch the power tubes of place and nothing. The same happened with the driver tubes.
What could be the problem and how to fix it?
I use other amp with the same source and this problem does not happen.
Thank you for reading, have a great day.post #380 of 5511/1/14 at 2:34pmpost #381 of 5511/1/14 at 2:44pmpost #382 of 5511/1/14 at 3:00pmpost #383 of 5511/1/14 at 3:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by HFoletto
Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it.
Well, I'm not sure how to check it, so I took a photo of how it is now: http://i.imgur.com/zoO2bO0.jpg
Sorry for the low quality picture.
So, are the switches right?
Thank you again.
your gain switches look to be the same on each channel . you said you changed around your power tube and you have same problem and also driver tube and problem is still there in left channel did you try other tubes then the ones originally on the amp to see if same problem.post #384 of 5511/1/14 at 3:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by MIKELAP
your gain switches look to be the same on each channel . you said you changed around your power tube and you have same problem and also driver tube and problem is still there in left channel did you try other tubes then the ones originally on the amp to see if same problem.
Well, I haven't tried any other tube, just the ones that came with it.
I'm afraid to buy those tube new and the problem persist. They aren't cheap though.
It's really weird because the problem started suddenly..
Thank you for the reply!post #385 of 5511/1/14 at 3:24pmQuote:
but you did change around the power tubes and driver tubes .what driver tubes are you using in your amp .Also the jumpers on your amp are they positionned ok if you have a EF95 type tube both jumpers should be on EF95 setting thats about all i can think off let me knowpost #386 of 5511/1/14 at 3:31pmQuote:
Yes, I changed the power tubes and the driver tubes around.
Those are the tubes I'm using:
Driver Tubes: 2x JAN 5654
Power Tubes: 2x Soviet 6H30EH
Thank you again.
post #387 of 5511/1/14 at 3:44pmQuote:
Last thing i can think of is check the jumper settings under the amp below the gain setting in other holes if mk4 is similar to mk3 the jumpers should be on EF95 SETTINGs since you are using 5654 tubespost #388 of 5511/1/14 at 4:38pmQuote:
Hmmm, I tried to take pictures of the other 2 holes but it's so hard to see and even more to take a picture. I tried my best, here they are:
What do you think?
Thank you again.post #389 of 5511/1/14 at 5:20pmQuote:
Edited by MIKELAP - 1/1/14 at 5:22pm
- The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Impressions Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › headphone Recommendations 14 seconds ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017 1 minute ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 3 minutes ago
- › Coffee 5 minutes ago
- › Elecom products- are they any good? 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMan HE1000 version 2 5 minutes ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Elise from Feliks Audio in perfect condition 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear