- 305 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MKIV SE buzzing left channel Last post on 7/23/10 at 3:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- chosing tube amp? Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot mk x series Last post on 4/11/11 at 1:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What would a little dot mkIV do to my setup? Last post on 9/21/10 at 12:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
- Headphone Impedance
The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Appreciation Thread - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Audio-Technica ATH-AD900 has an impedance of 35 ohm. Little Dot don't specify the output impedance of the MK IV, but typically it's quite high for amps of this design. I understand it's bad if the output impedance is higher than the impedance of the load (headphone) as the amp will struggle to supply the current the load is drawing.
Amps such as the MK IV tend to be paired best with headphones like the HD 6XX, as they have a higher impedance of around 300 ohm.
Having said that, Little Dot's website states the amp will easily drive 32 - 600 ohm headphones.
I hope what I've said here is correct. I'm still getting my head around concepts such as impedance.
Did you make those knobs or purchase them somewhere? If you bought them, where? Thanks.
higher quality jack and RCA sockets + different tubes with golden pins
On paper the two should pair well. The MK IV SE is an OTL tube and the T1 is a high impedance headphone, so specs. wise the two should be a good match. I've also read many comments that the T1 goes well with tubes from a sound signature perspective.
I heard the T1 for the first time recently at the UK head-fi meet driven by a Darkvoice tube amp, the audition was only brief and meets aren't the best place for critical listening, but I was very impressed with the sound. Further details of my impressions can be found in the link in my signature.
the cv4010 are likely from mullard england. since thats the standard naming for European tubes. and yes same tubes from different companies will sound slightly different. even the same tubes from mullard made from vastly different year will be slightly off as well.
and as for the Bass lacking from prior reads. i have found the RCA EF95 series tend to help with that. at the least when i had it with my shure 840's the RCA drivers compared to tung-sol and my Ge amongst other seems to give a little more power to the bass.
O.K. MK IV se owners, I picked up a pair of EF 91 driver tubes, I now realize I need to switch the "jumpers" from the factory setting to the "short circuit" setting in order for the amp to use this type of tube. I assumed that these Jumpers were accessed through the same holes in the bottom of the amp that the gain switches are accessed through. In looking through the holes with a flash light, I'm not seeing anything that looks like a removable jumper. Is that because the factory setting is with the "jumpers removed" and there aren't any jumpers included? Or are the jumpers accessed by opening the amp up and moving the included jumpers from one place to the other on the circuit board?
If anyone could shed some light on this subject I'd appreciate it. thanks
- The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Appreciation Thread
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Definitive technology (DefTech) symphony 1 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 8 minutes ago
- › Chicago Area Meet - Saturday April 25 - Part of the Ear Gear Expo... 8 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 8 minutes ago
- › For sale: HeadRoom Desktop Balanced Headphone Amplifier / DAC... 11 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2