- 305 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Little Dot MKIV SE buzzing left channel Last post on 7/23/10 at 3:01pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- chosing tube amp? Last post on 8/19/11 at 3:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot mk x series Last post on 4/11/11 at 1:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Little Dot MK IV or WooAudio Last post on 4/9/11 at 5:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What would a little dot mkIV do to my setup? Last post on 9/21/10 at 12:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
- Headphone Impedance
The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Appreciation Thread - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Audio-Technica ATH-AD900 has an impedance of 35 ohm. Little Dot don't specify the output impedance of the MK IV, but typically it's quite high for amps of this design. I understand it's bad if the output impedance is higher than the impedance of the load (headphone) as the amp will struggle to supply the current the load is drawing.
Amps such as the MK IV tend to be paired best with headphones like the HD 6XX, as they have a higher impedance of around 300 ohm.
Having said that, Little Dot's website states the amp will easily drive 32 - 600 ohm headphones.
I hope what I've said here is correct. I'm still getting my head around concepts such as impedance.
Did you make those knobs or purchase them somewhere? If you bought them, where? Thanks.
higher quality jack and RCA sockets + different tubes with golden pins
On paper the two should pair well. The MK IV SE is an OTL tube and the T1 is a high impedance headphone, so specs. wise the two should be a good match. I've also read many comments that the T1 goes well with tubes from a sound signature perspective.
I heard the T1 for the first time recently at the UK head-fi meet driven by a Darkvoice tube amp, the audition was only brief and meets aren't the best place for critical listening, but I was very impressed with the sound. Further details of my impressions can be found in the link in my signature.
the cv4010 are likely from mullard england. since thats the standard naming for European tubes. and yes same tubes from different companies will sound slightly different. even the same tubes from mullard made from vastly different year will be slightly off as well.
and as for the Bass lacking from prior reads. i have found the RCA EF95 series tend to help with that. at the least when i had it with my shure 840's the RCA drivers compared to tung-sol and my Ge amongst other seems to give a little more power to the bass.
O.K. MK IV se owners, I picked up a pair of EF 91 driver tubes, I now realize I need to switch the "jumpers" from the factory setting to the "short circuit" setting in order for the amp to use this type of tube. I assumed that these Jumpers were accessed through the same holes in the bottom of the amp that the gain switches are accessed through. In looking through the holes with a flash light, I'm not seeing anything that looks like a removable jumper. Is that because the factory setting is with the "jumpers removed" and there aren't any jumpers included? Or are the jumpers accessed by opening the amp up and moving the included jumpers from one place to the other on the circuit board?
If anyone could shed some light on this subject I'd appreciate it. thanks
- The Little Dot Mk IV / SE Appreciation Thread
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › Need Some New Headphones 100-250$ 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2