Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP - Page 4

post #46 of 342
Thanks wuwhere; just blundering about trying to glean some basic "thumbrules". So I guess for that reviewer I mentioned, the mosfets are simply too "civilised" added to the same presentation from his Sennheisers. So how does the OPA637 you mention fit in? Maybe you're suggesting that as a better choice for use in the portable amp with bright headphones?
Be interesting to see how the new amp fits into the scheme of things.
SimH didn't mention whether his will come with default opamps. Don't fancy his chances of getting it delivered today, though, if it's anything like here; heavy snow overnight mad.gif. Supposed to be getting groceries delivered here at 10am. Hmmm...
post #47 of 342

For me on the portable V.2, OPA637 has deeper bass, warmer and not as bright as AD8610. Its drawback in the V.2 is the battery gets drained much quicker. I just received my mosfet but haven't had the chance to listen to it, I'm still waiting for my 18VAC power adapter, that's AC not DC. I believe the new portable also uses 18VAC adapter as specified so be careful.

post #48 of 342

So I'm using Neco's Mosfet V2.1 to drive my HE-6 and drive it can. It sounds clean and transparent. Even on my UE10Pro IEM it sounds really good.

post #49 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulcata_geo View Post

Hi,frankieboy21

Please check e-Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LT1028-LT1028ACN8-IC-1PC-/370449248156?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56407eef9c

      Quote:

Originally Posted by frankieboy21 View Post

Hi sulcata-geo, I too would love to give one of these LT1028ACN  a go. Please advise where you obtained them as I have tried a few locations and there seems to be a minimum order of 50 so far as I can see. I'm based in the United Kingdom and cannot find anywhere to buy these op amps as I would like to start "rolling". Any help from you or any Head-Fi's would be appreciated.


 


$17.90 just for 1, that's expensive. I just ordered 4 from US Circuits at only $5 a piece.


Edited by wuwhere - 12/27/10 at 7:51am
post #50 of 342

wuwhere,

 

Please let me know what you think about the LT1028 op amps in the neco soundlab V2 when yours arrive from US circuits.  Thanks.

post #51 of 342

I sure will, I think I just fried a pair of OPA637 on my V2 when I used it on my HE-6, they developed static ksc75smile.gif. Good thing is I have another pair. I still have some OPA627 which I haven't had a chance to try.

post #52 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuwhere View Post

I sure will, I think I just fried a pair of OPA637 on my V2 when I used it on my HE-6, they developed static ksc75smile.gif. Good thing is I have another pair. I still have some OPA627 which I haven't had a chance to try.


Talk of fried opamps has got me hungry (groceries never did show up).

I guess as US user that's a bit of added nuisance about the AC adaptor. Still this Neco guy seems to have turned you into an AngloAudiophile smile.gif

post #53 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjackson View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by wuwhere View Post

I sure will, I think I just fried a pair of OPA637 on my V2 when I used it on my HE-6, they developed static ksc75smile.gif. Good thing is I have another pair. I still have some OPA627 which I haven't had a chance to try.


Talk of fried opamps has got me hungry (groceries never did show up).

I guess as US user that's a bit of added nuisance about the AC adaptor. Still this Neco guy seems to have turned you into an AngloAudiophile smile.gif


Lol. His amps are up there and seriously inexpensive, relatively. As far as 18VAC adapter, I bought this one for $5 + shipping and just connected a power adapter wire with a connector.

 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370466404605

post #54 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuwhere View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by sulcata_geo View Post

Hi,frankieboy21

Please check e-Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LT1028-LT1028ACN8-IC-1PC-/370449248156?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56407eef9c

      Quote:

Originally Posted by frankieboy21 View Post

Hi sulcata-geo, I too would love to give one of these LT1028ACN  a go. Please advise where you obtained them as I have tried a few locations and there seems to be a minimum order of 50 so far as I can see. I'm based in the United Kingdom and cannot find anywhere to buy these op amps as I would like to start "rolling". Any help from you or any Head-Fi's would be appreciated.


 


$17.90 just for 1, that's expensive. I just ordered 4 from US Circuits at only $5 a piece.



LT1028ACN is expensive than LT1028.

In Digikey(Japanese yen rate) , LT1028ACN is 1341yen and LT1028 is 885yen,

post #55 of 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulcata_geo View Post


LT1028ACN is expensive than LT1028.

In Digikey(Japanese yen rate) , LT1028ACN is 1341yen and LT1028 is 885yen,



That's what I bought, LT1028ACN8.

post #56 of 342

wuwhere,

 

Do you have any feel for the power requirements of the LT1028acn8 vs the AD8610 op amp?  I tried to compare the data sheets on the two op amps and I just don't have enough technical background to figure this out.  So, my basic question is, will the LT1028acn8 perform (power-consumption wise) nore like the AD8610 or the OPA637?

 

wuwhere and sulcata_geo,

 

Do you all believe that the op amps from US Circuits are real or could they be counterfeit?  Are there such things as counterfeit op amps?  Thanks for any info you all can provide.

post #57 of 342

The OPA637 uses more power than the AD8610, it drains the battery quicker. I'm not sure about the LT yet, I'm still waiting for them.

As far as counterfeit, there is really no way to tell.

 

I was just looking at the wholesale price of LT1028ACN8 from LT website and they are $8.75, 1 to 99 units, $7.20 for 1k.

They may be fakes or engineering samples. I can call LT for confirmation of their date code.


Edited by wuwhere - 12/30/10 at 8:08am
post #58 of 342

wuwhere,

 

Have you had a chance to try out the LT1028acn8 op amps in your amp yet?  If so, please share your impressions.  Thanks.

post #59 of 342

I received them two days ago and just installed them tonight on my Neco Mosfet. Compared to Opa637, they seem to have tighter and deeper bass. Mids are slightly more forward, less veiled, more detail, clearer. Its like I moved closer to the stage. The Opa637 is slightly smoother, has deeper soundstage, more 3d like, softer, sweeter, more instruments layering. This is after about 3 hours of break-in.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog View Post

wuwhere,

 

Have you had a chance to try out the LT1028acn8 op amps in your amp yet?  If so, please share your impressions.  Thanks.

post #60 of 342

Has anyone had a chance to try op amps LT1128 or LME49710 in this amp?  I like the AD8610 op amps in the original unit, but I'm interested in trying out some other op amps.  I've tried the LT1028ACN8, and they change the sound a little compared to AD8610's, but not greatly so.  Would the LT1128 (being a unity-gain op amp) be a wise/safe choice for the V2?  Thanks for info that anyone can provide.... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP