Call J&R Music in NY, they will quote you a great price on the SRH840. Review the prices on Ebay for the SRH840 and then call J&R Music.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Portable amp for LCD2 Last post on 10/9/14 at 2:58pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headstage arrow or ibasso toucan Last post on 10/31/10 at 9:15pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Balanced ipod lod for Toucan? Last post on 8/15/11 at 8:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Protector vs. Toucan Last post on 9/13/10 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Help me to decide Last post on 9/2/10 at 6:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP - Page 2post #16 of 39010/14/10 at 9:03amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 39010/15/10 at 3:57ampost #18 of 39010/16/10 at 9:11am
Enjoy. I just swapped the AD8610s for a pair of OPA637BP. Its a straight swap. These opamps sound pretty good.
post #19 of 39010/16/10 at 9:52ampost #20 of 39010/16/10 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by hifimiami
Wuwhere, I,m glad you are enjoying the Neco V2, I agree with your impressions of Sound Quality. If you have a way auditioning a Shure SRH840 with the Neco V2 try it is an excellent combination.I have found that with normal use the battery charge last 20 to 22 hrs. I usually recharge it for 2 to 4 hrs every ten days. Which op amps are you using?
Fedex just delivered my new SRH840. Hope it gets better with burn-in. My UE10Pro is much better.
Edited by wuwhere - 10/16/10 at 3:13pmpost #21 of 39010/18/10 at 1:46pmpost #22 of 39010/18/10 at 3:25pm
Let it burn-in for about 100 or so hours first. The opa637bp is better than the ad8610. Its only downside is reduced battery time. But you can leave the charger plugged and that solves the problem.post #23 of 39010/27/10 at 10:01pm
This thing can drive the 300Ohms HD600 without any problem. My other portable amps can also drive the HD600 without any problem.
Edited by wuwhere - 10/27/10 at 10:18pmpost #24 of 39010/28/10 at 11:40pm
Oh, come on, What is your point?
My iaudio 7 can drive HD600 without any problem either, but they sounds totally different. The Neco dual mono portable amplifier could be used as high quality desktop as well as portable headphone amp.post #25 of 39010/29/10 at 3:13am
just got one of these ,ive always been very happy with my caffine ultra but this is something else ,no subtle improvement here ,it blows your socks off! the soundstage is bigger and very 3d! ,the highs clean and clear and the lows extend very deep (deeper than the ultra with bass boost on) it just sounds amazing even with loads of burn in to do.
im thinking the two single opamps pair well with the twin dacs of my sflo ,but my hunt is over for my perfect sound ,you think youve found it, buy something else ,then something else then end up with a massive jump ,well pleasedpost #26 of 39010/29/10 at 6:43am
My V.2 amp has done burn-in over 120 hours.
I've swapped Op.amp OPA837,OPA211,OPA627BP,OPA637BP...etc.
Finaly I decide to use LT1028ACN.
The sound is very clear and transparent and sound stage is wide. Bass is more deeper then else Op. amp.
This dual mono CMoy based amp is wounderful.post #27 of 39010/29/10 at 8:29am
I may have to try that opamp (LT1028ACN).
post #28 of 39010/31/10 at 5:48ampost #29 of 39010/31/10 at 2:45pm
Hi sulcata-geo, I too would love to give one of these LT1028ACN a go. Please advise where you obtained them as I have tried a few locations and there seems to be a minimum order of 50 so far as I can see. I'm based in the United Kingdom and cannot find anywhere to buy these op amps as I would like to start "rolling". Any help from you or any Head-Fi's would be appreciated.post #30 of 39010/31/10 at 4:53pm
Please check e-Bay.Originally Posted by frankieboy21
Hi sulcata-geo, I too would love to give one of these LT1028ACN a go. Please advise where you obtained them as I have tried a few locations and there seems to be a minimum order of 50 so far as I can see. I'm based in the United Kingdom and cannot find anywhere to buy these op amps as I would like to start "rolling". Any help from you or any Head-Fi's would be appreciated.
Edited by sulcata_geo - 10/31/10 at 4:54pm
- NECO SOUNDLABS PORTABLE V.2 AMP
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chord Mojo - PayPal and shipping included in the US 3 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 165, RS 175, RS 185, RS 195 - Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 10 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 10 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear